1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All I can say is that in my case I always click reset to default when entering a session or lobby, and haven't experienced any of these issues that some others have. I also did a complete reinstall about a week ago "just in case", and for me it made zero difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-9-7_17-22-32.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Val Hoggard

Val Hoggard New Member

On not needing TC, make sure your stability is turned off in game.

4. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

That has definitely not been my experience with Automobilista 2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Once you are in I cannot recall, probably in the settings tab for the server... Before entering you will see a code with the minimum ranking required if it's on or OFF if it is not used.

6. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Out of curiosity, do you know where that tire selection is stored? Is it in the main installation dir or the documents folder? I.e. could this be why some people only get resolution after a reinstall.

7. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Okay I got sparks with F-Ultimate Gen 2 at Gateway oval, but rarely and only on the exit of turn 4. So they're probably still too rare.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think the resolution has already been clarified--changing the tire setting manually. Above, people who reinstalled and those who did not are both sometimes getting this issue and resolving it with the manual selection.

Remembering to reset the set-up to default after a physics update is a response to the same problem (which may have also been in PC 2 or PC). When something major changes in the car, certain garage set-up options from before (it would only take one) may fall outside the range of what is now acceptable or possible. If these were not reset, the car could be "broken" in terms of its handling characteristics. Resetting to default cured the problem (or so it seems). People sometimes deleted their entire saved setups folder to avoid the hassle of resetting individual cars...since there were so many changes and it affected a lot of vehicles.

This particular case with the F-USA Gen 3 tire grip may be a special situation, but seems related to the same root problem of set-ups or set-up related variables not registering correctly after an update.

9. Carfox 17

Carfox 17 New Member

Hello, first of all I have to say that AMS 2 is absolutely amazing. I bought and installed AMS 2 last week after the 1.4 update.
    I also had to change the tires to oval slicks on the F-USA Gen 3 because I had no grip at all!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's Interesting, I have multiple custom championships on the go so often change between them each session I play and find it weird that if I jump from one car to another parts of the prior setup are loaded on the car.
    For example a few nights back I did a GT3 open race and in my setup for that car I had it on a full fuel load. After that race I jumped into another championship I have in the go, I think it was GT4 and I went out on track without loading my GT4 setup and the car had a full fuel load. When I went back to the pits the car setup screen said there was 25 litres of fuel in it not 100 odd litres like it just had in it.

I think there has been a car setup glitch like this since the beginning of the Sim where occasionally car setups will carry over to the next car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Driving assists allowed is always set to authentic, so there’s no chance stability control can ever be activated.
    If you turn TC on in these GT3 cars, you are leaving up to seconds per lap on the table and for no benefit. You also don’t need ABS turned on for these GT3’s.
    Turn both TC and ABS off, do some tuning work in suspension, LSD and braking settings and you will discover you don’t need them on and how much time you were throwing away having them on and using default set ups. It’s literally seconds per lap for no benefit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Changing tyres manually is not a resolution; it is a workaround.

It was explained that there would no longer be a requirement to manually reset tunings after updates as this would now be effected automatically as part of the update. The resolution is to fix this so it works properly.

13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

may help jitter/fps??

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. Val Hoggard

Val Hoggard New Member

Thanks a ton for that awesome reply! I do know that TC, if used at all, should be kept close to zero. I drive the C8.R in GTE and it's a thin ice skater; really tough to keep the backend under control but l love it. AMS2 has really come alive with LiveTrack and Mad engine. It's fun to watch the dirt build up on track; the rain; all of it is so immersive, it's unbelievable!

Thanks again for the help.

15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

De we think this dirt buildup and livetrack might make offroad racing very interesting less dirt on the racing line which could mean more grip. Let’s see what Reiza can do.

16. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

If you are new to tuning, then you have come to a great sim to learn, arguably the best sim to learn in my opinion. It has clear tuning UI and you have simple values if you change from imperial to metric in settings. I use metric values and it makes it even easier to tune, mainly because the numbers / values are simpler to read and understand haha
    Whenever I start a tune, I start with springs, arb, camber and brake bias. Then onto bumps and rebounds and then into drive trains.
    The other great thing about AMS2, is that you have access to other peoples setups in time trials. But instead of plain copying them, note down the changes they have made compared to default values and change one setting at a time to feel what changes it made to the car and the relationships between rear and front settings.
    After a few hours it will click and then you can apply what you have learned to any car and take seconds a lap off compared to defaults. Then with those basics learned you can then change set ups per track. I use Kyalami and Silverstone modern as my two starter set up tracks for GT cars.

17. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

select Session Settings block on the left side and the panel that becomes visible will show the minimum required rating for the lobby in the top middle if it's a ranked lobby

18. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

The FCY is amazing (immersion boost) but track marshals don't do a great job... :)
    They leave car parts all over the place just to be collected by us when race restarts! :D

Seriously, I just don't like the fact collisions are turned off. One of the thinks about AMS2 I don't like (others sims do the same!), as it kills immersion. Collisions should be an option forced/transversal to all sim components, including in pit lane.

Plus, one thing AMS2 could improve is collisions effects on car stability. Cars are driven at their limits and an external force should, often, not always, drive the car uncontrollable. I tend to feel more immersion with sims like that.
    A slider with tolerant<->realist could allow for a more agressive car unsettle after a collision (thus, imposing more "respect" for others). Just to achieve a realistic effect, no more, no less.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

(deleted, driver error :D)

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to clarify something if any of the staff could answer this one. In time trial, you're damage is max no matter what you have it set to in settings, and mechcanical damage is on no matter what you have it set to in settings aswell? And what about random failures?

Cheers if you can help!

• Informative Informative x 2