1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Just tired this out at Imola in the rain. First run with LOW damage allowed me to bounce off a few barriers without major issues. Second run with MAX damage saw me bend my suspension as I trundled out of the pit lane. Seems correct.

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah yes but this is specifically about time trail mode. I love the damage simulation in AMS2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

TrackIR pro user here. Recently discovered if you’re having to recenter the view often turning off Trueview in your profile seems to eliminate this issue. Just uncheck the box for profile assigned to title. Only impact is zoom when leaning forward is limited to straight ahead.

Just loving this update and all the SIM joy it brings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

not max but always fixed. Should be equivilent to current medium setting

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Just did a MP race ( mixed AI and players) with the New mini équiped with Slicks.

AI are like missile .. it seems they don't have the issue we have to heat the rear tire ... We are sliding all the way around and they are like on rail very stable.
    Also the grip on rear cold tire ( even Light green) seems very weak. Some long curves gently around 100km/H are problematic for the rear tires ... Seems odd

6. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your answers. I will test it on other tracks as wwll then.

7. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Oh yes. My mistake! Sorry :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Does AMS2 have electric cars or any plans of adding electric cars?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Cheers for clearing that up. I really like the fact you have to look after your car in TT now, brings a whole new element to it, how it should be, Brilliant! Been giving TTs a damn good going today, really enjoyed it!

10. Tarmac Terrorist

No worries mate!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Correct. My use of the term "resolution" was meant to address how to resolve the problem of the too-slippery tires on that F-USA model and to prevent more needless reinstallations and other invasive procedures as people tried to fix it.

Of course, the true resolution is for the problem to not occur in the first place, but this is easier said than done, so an interim resolution/fix is appreciated.

12. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

You will certainly have tried it too.
    The experience with the F USA gen 2 on the Daytona oval track is terrifying and exciting at the same time.
    I am convinced that with more tracks than the 1998 Cart season there will be more fans who want to relive a magical season from the cockpit.
    Many more customers for AMS2.
    And more success for our trust simulator
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

TT was always having damage activated btw.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

After three warm-up laps, I'm entering turn one at Fontana in the F-USA Gen 3 at 388 KPH according to the on-wheel display. The car is stable and pleasant to drive. I always do my own set-ups and set the tires according to weather while doing so. I never run the default set-up, so I can't comment on that. But from previous comments, it would appear that doing your own set-ups is worth the time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In an environment dependent simulation with preferences factoring into the mix, it's of course highly encouraged to do some adjustments.

Everybody can learn to at least adjust wing, ARB and ride height + knowing what it does. It doesn't take more than 5 minutes of googling in todays times, so it's not even hard to learn.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

No electric cars at the moment, and none announced or teased that I'm aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Justdave

Justdave Member

I hate to say this..but this is wrong. A lot of people, myself included of course, have no desire to "google" set up options..how to set up a virtual car to play on a virtual racetrack. The cars should have a decent setup on "default" settings. I love this game, but figuring out how to "set up" the car has never been MY PARTICULAR strong point. I know I am not alone with this opinion. The cars should be capable with default settings. Let the tweakers tweak. Let us that have no desire to screw around have a stable car to enjoy, AS IS.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. s0cks

s0cks New Member

I agree with this, but I would love to see a sim introduce a setup school that walks you through the different options and lets you see the difference as well as drive the difference.

For example; "Next we'll see what effect the sway bars have on the handling of the vehicle. Watch this video and see how on corner entry xyz happens. After watching you can experiment yourself on the test track by updating the sway bar settings on the fly."

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Project cars had the Race Engineer for a close purpose

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Justdave

Justdave Member

Oh, and while I am on the subject. @Oubaas , can you please share your "setup" for the F-Trainer? Or maybe do a hotlap on time trial mode and we can just download it..you know..to try it out. Just asking because I can't set up a car worth beans..maybe you have the magic touch.:).