1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

I've also returned for the 1.4 update after long hiatus, wow it's getting good! Having a blast
    with Kuku's fFuktor.5.0.17z file and finding that it works better for me than the Atmos 4.1 on ovals. The ovals are surprisingly awesome. I was having trouble with situational
    awareness since I'm not a fan of the proximity arrows. Looking for solutions like radar in AC
    and ended up trying CrewChief for spotter and it's incredibly immersive. Highly recommended!
    Here's a link to some helpful setup information if anyone wants to try it.

CrewChief Forums
    Steam Community :: Guide :: How to set up Crew Chief for Automobilista 2

Cheers, Axis

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

You have to take GM's opinion with a grain of salt. Everyone is kissing his ass as he is liking ams atm. Give it a week and im sure he will find something else to whinge about.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been using this file long before GM starting using it and it is by far my favorite custom FFB that I have tried.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

You're looking for pAMS2spotter Join the pAMS2Spotter Discord Server!

5. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

TM cp gain must be pared with in-game gain (and other games you use).
    Personally, I found more confortable to use less than the max wheel base power, I'm now at 75% (as per Reiza recommendations). I get more feeling instead of doing gym exercices controlling the car :). My road car does 1/3 of TS-PC and I put my life there!

On the other hand, you can use 100% and lower in-game gain. The important thing is controlling in-game clipping - should occur mostly, for instance, when you hits a kerb on a nalready high suspension load situation (like a high speed turn).

6. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Usually, enabling full power on Control Panel and/or Wheelbase's software, then controlling max force in game is what works best.

Reason why is that the signal in game dances around the limit you set, so details can be felt much better (unless you are at the very top of what the wheelbase can output!). If you cap the torque at lower values from Control Panel, it acts as a hard limit, and in game signals will never go past that value.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I use VR & don’t like any hud stuff on
    I have all switched off

Crew Chief is essential !

• Like Like x 1
  8. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here, there's another file that I do like as well but I've settled with @Danielkart's file, definitely my favourite.
    Watched a bit of the GM video and I must say, I don't understand. He says a few times that it feels wrong, but why is he recommending it then? Later he says the FFB gives him detailed information about what the car's doing in different situations, which is pretty much all you want and basically the whole point in having FFB :D It can't be wrong then and still for some reason he says it a few times.

9. Marcus Battaglia

Marcus Battaglia New Member

Hi, I just re-installed AMS 2 since I have built a new rig and wanted to give it a try, after the 1.4 patch. I now have a Simucube 2 Pro. I've tried to browse where but there are "only" 280+ pages, hehe.. does anyone have any custom file and/or recommended settings for the SC2 Pro? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

10. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You just need to check the last 10 pages or so, several people posted their latest files.

11. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Kuku Maddog I've tested your 5.0.1K tune (originally you posted/linked this tune on this thread in the end of July) last weekend when I returned to AMS2 after lenghty break.

My first impression about the tune? Well, before my break from AMS2 I was using your 5.0.1.3 yaw tweak tune for quite some time with very good results (that was before the V1.4 update came along). So, from the beginning your 5.0.1K tune felt quite promising, to be honest. From the feedback it gave me through my wheelbase I noticed almost straight away that the focus on 5.0.1K tune has clearly been on tyre feel more than anything else. It didn't felt harsh or overwhelming at all in any way, it didn't produce any annoying or useless effects. This is good news for someone like me who cares about getting faster lap times. Some people here already know that I'm a pure Time Trial driver in AMS2.

However, the overall light and weak feel of the 5.0.1K (to my taste, anyway) made me put the tune aside for the time being as I went to test out other tunes, such as @Danielkart 's already famous and popular V44 tune and @Stakanov 's ATMOS tune. Both of these are good tunes overall and it's no wonder they're both so popular among people who are using custom FFB files.

Actually for a while I did already settle with the latest Stakanov's ATMOS tune (V.1.4) as I managed to did some fast lap times while using it (I tweaked that tune bit so it would perform better with my SC2 Sport wheelbase) but it still had that certain harsh feel I couldn't get completely get rid of, such as the hard hitting kerbs/sausages that occationally caused nasty, almost violent rattling noise to my wheelbase. Also it felt pretty heavy to turn sometimes that it did put me in disadvantage on certain types of corners. Daniel's tune however I couldn't dial in at all to perform at it's full potential on my wheelbase (had issues with constantly shaking/vibrating wheel when driving through the corner) so I had to give up with it quite quickly.

Today I decided to give Kuku's 5.0.1K one last shot. So I opened up the file and tweaked some parameters and values from here and there (don't ask what exactly was tweaked, I don't even remember anymore what changes I made there :p). Then I went to the track and boom! After fine-tuning the difference in FFB is like day and night (to my taste, anyway). The 5.0.1K tune feels absolutely awesome now. :) It's funny that such a small changes in values can make so much of a difference.

I'd say the 5.0.1K tune has more "beefed up" feel now which was exactly what I was hoping to achieve with my fine-tuning, that excessive light and weak feeling when turning the steering wheel is now gone. Driving in Time Trial mode with this tune loaded felt almost like cheating, driving through the corners in Laguna Seca with the GTE class car feels now so precise and elastic especially in slow and mid speed corners. The difference is huge compared to the ATMOS tune I used earlier which occationally felt too heavy at certain situations where you needed a quick change in steering input. It feels so easy now to just pick the driving line into the corner, make the correct steering inputs, drive through the corner and at the same time while doing it, driving feels so natural and at the same time I get a good feel from what the tyre is actually doing in all driving situations. This tune is definitely like a secret weapon for those who cares about getting their lap times faster. The best way to describe the driving experience now is that the car seems to do exactly that you want it to do. :)

So earlier this evening I have set another new lap record on Laguna Seca on GTE class using this tune (with my tweaks applied in it). Once again you have done excellent work with your tune, Kuku. :) Keep up the good work! :cool:

I have uploaded my fine-tuned variant of Kuku's 5.0.1K here on this post so that anyone could try it out if interested. ;)

My in-game FFB settings (small changes have been made to them since last time I posted them here earlier this week):
    Gain: 35
    LFB: 5
    FX: 25
    Damping: 30

My True Drive settings have remained the same (link to screenshot): http://www.dropbox.com/s/z7dxyztzgk...record_07-09-22_true_drive_settings.png?raw=1

My new lap record earlier today was made by using Kuku's 5.0.1K tune (with my tweaks applied) in Laguna Seca with the Porsche 911 RSR GTE (links to screenshots):

http://www.dropbox.com/s/5a6ylmhlmf...una_seca_tumi_world_record_09-09-22.png?raw=1
    http://www.dropbox.com/s/wxhd3d7bwp..._world_record_09-09-22_sector_times.png?raw=1

Try the one uploaded in my post. It should work well for SC2 Pro as well.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Hi 124036. Did you try out the custom file from @Thompsonbra on your TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Edition Wheel? I have the same exact wheel and wondered how it was working for you. Please let me know, thanks.

Roger

13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Nice work Tumi.

I do realize it may be on the lighter side in standard trim, I have to moderate forces and vibration due to my situation of having a non-fixed rig ( office chair and desk ) and close proximity to others meaning I can't have strong vibes intruding on others late at night. It doesnt mean I can't feel everything, it's just not obtrusive.
    So yes this is just a final tune I did primarily for myself, and it hasnt changed in months. I just enjoy driving and I have lots of other things on to focus on around the Sim.

I have included your tweak into the Folder and will update links etc .
    Thank you very much Tumi, hopefully it helps others. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

Hi there, a couple of questions:

1. What does the "yaw" in the Atmos FFB do?
    2. What does the "tighten" setting do?
    3. I use a CSL DD, should I set tighten to zero? Are there any other settings that work better for DD users?

• Like Like x 1
  15. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Thank you very much for adding my tweak into your ZIP archive, much appreciated! Hopefully my tweak will be the answer to those who finds your original 5.0.1K feeling too weak to their liking. Even after adding that extra "oomph" and character to your tune, my tweak still remains faithful to your original tune as it doesn't change the fundamental base of the original one which I believe is the most important thing in this case. :)

Actually, your non-fixed rig and other people in close proximity explains a lot about the nature of your tune. In those situations you don't want to build a tune that contains too strong vibes as it could easily become distractive to others living in the house. It's perfectly understandable. After all, you did this tune to match your personal taste and needs and not for the general public in the first place. ;)

Now with my tweak added to the ZIP archive, it might be even more attractive option for the public, at least people will now have options to choose from. I hope this help others with their journey finding a suitable FFB for themselves. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

we recently got a new puppy and she would wake up and bark when i hit a sausage kerb or wall :(
    it’s amazing how loud vibes can be when you take your headphones off :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

18. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

@tUMi great work here, this file supperb even on my g27. only added some center tightness and wow!

• Like Like x 2
  19. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Thank you, @NBrembo. :) It's important to have feedback not only from the DD or high end belt driven wheel users but also from the low end/budget wheel users as well. Glad to hear that Kuku's 5.0.1K tune with my tweaks applied is also suitable to use with the gear driven Logitech wheels, very encouraging news. :)

But all the credit should really go to @Kuku Maddog as he is the true mastermind behind this tune and of course @Karsten Hvidberg for creating the original rFuktor 5.0.1. I just gave Kuku's tune some more love, resulting it to have just a bit more "oomph" for us who likes a have a bit stronger FFB. ;)

By the way, @NBrembo, could you also share here your in-game FFB settings (Gain/LFB/FX/Damping) and your Logitech driver settings as well? This information could help other people with similar gear to have their FFB dialed in properly if they choose to use these files for themselves.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Tumi! Nice work on tweaking Kuku's tune adding more detail. It's really feeling sweet and easy to sense the limit. For once I'm actually feeling satisfied with the FFB enough to just leave it be and enjoy the racin haha. It's been quite the cat and mouse development always chasing, the new physics update is fantastic and hopefully things will be more stable from here.

• Like Like x 1