1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@ricxx and others
    No Trolls - only people who are convinced of themselves are here.:D

You can ...check for yourself without loosing anything with the following procedure.

Step1:Copy the whole folder under steam/common/Ams2 and rename it.Now you got a backup you can switch to if nothing has changed.
    Step2: Copy or rename your AMS2 folder under Documents.Now you got a backup you can switch to if nothing has changed.You can put your "vehiclesetups" folder back later in the fresh installed game, if you need them.
    Step3:Reinstall via steam!
    Step4:Delete the folder in steam/common/Ams2
    Step5:Install fresh via steam.
    Step6:Set up your sim and don't forget to recalibrate your wheel.
    Step7:Compare for yourself and enjoy.If it is the same after, the problem is not on AMS2 side.

I wish you the best:)
    For more Info,you can always send me a PM.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've edited my post, the issue is resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ricxx

4. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'm running 16.0 steering lock at Bathurst and still getting around the corners. You can drop caster to minimum so it doesn't bite you so much with oversteer snap when exiting, stand the front wheels up straighter (camber) to put more rubber on the road, and let a little air out of the back tires. You don't need all that rear downforce, either. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. locosuizo

locosuizo New Member

Today i had noting to do and weather was bad so i thought "lets install AMS 2 complete from scratch" There was no reason and i was happy but i read that some user made this after 1.4 update :rolleyes:.

What i can say it's a big difference o_O FFB feels much more better and all feels more "fluid.

Maybe this is only placebo effect :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You might want to pin this somehow

7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried to tell you to lower it... haha.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

A good option would have auto + indication of currently selected tyre.
    After doing it right, I'm currently also using auto... :(

9. ricxx

Yep, and for a moment I thought you were the one that got it wrong :D then Oubaas kept talking about lowering the value as well, that made me realise the mistake.

10. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Before going to corrupt files do you adjust FFB gain per car or for entire SIM only? Different cars benefit from different FFB gain settings.

For this issue I map a button to increase and another to decrease FFB. When I take a car on track just bring up telemetry HUD and you can increase FFB on the fly until you see the far right vertical bar hit red(clipping). Bring it down a couple clicks and see if it helps. Good news is it saves the setting per car but I adjust at each track. This is an “auto” feature in iRacing which I would love to see added some day to AMS2.

It helps to start with a fairly strong gain setting overall for your wheel so you’re not having to increase or lower it too much.
    Someone posted this helpful image to understand the hud.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

In AMS1 this was my favorite car...the F1 Classics....in AMS2 is this car present or he just looks different? I can't find this in the list....

12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, you can see the rear wing and tyre in the rear view mirror. I wish AMS2 did this. Would do wonders for the immersion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, hopefully this can happen at some point!

14. Paulo Frazao

Yeah this was also good on AMS1 what we seeing on the rear mirror, but most important for me is this type of car....i tried all classic cars but no one looks like this one ...and i don't understand why....all the other cars Reiza has bring to AMS2 but this one i don't find.....strange or not?

15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza would probs need sega’s permission though to do it right. Also needs sonic theme music as you drive out the pits

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The Formula Classic as it was is not in AMS2, however the Formula Classic Gen 1 is the closest to the original counterpart in terms of power output+general driving feel (plus they're based on real chassis now rather than the made-up design of the original)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Paulo Frazao

Ok thank you...,

18. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Right! I think it was a hurry up, “we forgot about the mirrors being adjustable, will get the car in the mirrors later”. On a + Point, Spa is great, the curbs even feel better

19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am confused, I just read that more caster makes the steering more stable at high speed so wouldn't reducing it have the opposite effect then?

20. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

You are correct. Increasing caster will indeed make the car more stable. However, it tends to induce snappish oversteer on corner exit, and if you do manage to lose it, you're probably not going to reel it back in.

By reducing caster, the car will feel more twitchy, for lack of a better word, but you'll lose that exit snap that makes the car not want to straighten up and if you lose it, you can probably gather it back up with a quick flick of wheel.

So it's a balancing act. Keep some stability, but get rid of the unpleasant snap oversteer and make sure that if it starts to go, you can get it back and keep racing instead of harvesting potatoes out in Farmer Bob's adjacent field. :)