1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Steam Cloud sync is relentless. All it needs is a quick glimpse of an Internet connection, one time, and it will happily fix your game up with whatever old crap it's harboring. That's why I disable it from the beginning.

I've had a few dismaying Steam Cloud incidents with other games, in which I lost progress, had settings reverted to old settings, all sorts of weirdness. So I made it a habit to disable it when I install something.

It might work right if you're connected all the time or something. But my Internet is the same Internet service that they give people in hell, so I shut it off when I'm not using it, to keep Windows Update, Oculus, and an assortment of other phone-home apps from gobbling up an entire month's bandwidth while I'm not looking.

Then when you do reconnect, you get, "Hey! You remember that game you were playing? Here's what it was like three weeks ago, courtesy of Steam Cloud. It's deja vu all over again!"

2. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have crazy car behavior, no grip, twitchy steering ect...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Justdave

Justdave Member

Yeah, but what I am saying is..I have all that turned off. Cloud sync=off. Steam overlay=off. Is steam doing it anyway? That aint cool.

4. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Well Dave, I hate to tell you this, but if you turned it off globally, but not for each individual game, that could be problematic.

But wait! There's more! I've lost count of how many times Steam Cloud has been mysteriously reenabled on many of my games. Happens all the time. I turn it back off, and it will happen again. No reason.

And if you install a Steam client update, I'll virtually guarantee you that you'll find a bunch of your titles with Steam Cloud mysteriously reenabled.

I agree, not cool. But don't bother contacting support. They'll just try to put you on defense by claiming that it must be something on your end, even though you know it's not and everything else on your machine works perfectly.

The price of not getting screwed by Steam Cloud is eternal vigilance.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I could only see this cloud setting as a global setting, is it also on a per game basis?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

The SuperV8 has had a bug for a few months where the steering didn't work as it does in other cars. If you slightly turn in the SuperV8, the car will continue to turn left/right even if you let go off the steering. Others who think it's "fine" might just have found a way to circumvent this by lowering the steering lock to absurd amounts or hold the wheel _very_ stable on the straights.

I made a video about the issues of the SuperV8 a few months ago. @steelreserv theorized that it was some issue with the dampers, but I'm not sure Reiza are currently working on rectifying it.

You can see it very clearly here that the StockCar has proper steering and the SuperV8 doesn't

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Justdave

Justdave Member

But EVERY TIME there is a steam client update..I check. I make sure the cloud is turned off. Globally, and per game. Seriously. I check.

edit: I just looked, the option for turning off cloud is gone from individual games...wtf?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  8. F1Aussie

Ha, I just took a photo and was about to post it to say I cannot see that setting, thought I must have been in the wrong spot but I guess it just ain't there now.

9. Justdave

Justdave Member

something is messed up. I right clicked rF2 and in the general tab there is a box for cloud. I right clicked AMS2 and there isn't. I don't know what is going on..I am slowly going insane I think...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, AMS2 never had that cloud sync indication, only the little updates after each run which is syncing data, PC2 has the same i believe, just not a "proper" Steam cloud integration

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Well, according to some, a full clean install of AMS2 is the fix to most issues, isn't it @Dady Cairo ? LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Justdave

Justdave Member

Then why was it asking to sync to the cloud when I played today in 'offline' mode? Would not start until I agreed to the fact it won't save data? That is a bug. A big one.

13. Roy Niessink

i was more referring to this indicator, which ams2 doesn't have

upload_2022-9-11_11-53-57.png

14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

For most unusal behavior,and broken FFB,yes.:)
    The V8 is ok and don't drive like that here.

• Like Like x 2
  15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dicra is driving on a gamepad and has no self-aligning FFB. You can try turning FFB off and see if happens to you then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I would like you to do the same experiment - look for a long straight and slightly turn to the right or left and then let go off the steering wheel so it reverts back to neutral. Do it with both the Stock Car (or any tin top, really) and the SuperV8. See if there are differences in behaviour.

I'm not the only one reporting the issue. As you see in the video, it is perfectly possible to drive the SuperV8 (even though my lap is not great), it just isn't a very pleasant experience because it's unusually fiddly to do so. Especially if you use a wheel, it's an issue that you can drive around without noticing too much, but it's definitely there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dady Cairo

I don't play raceing sims with a gamepad.Never.For me and others the V8 is fine since month.The gamepad controler (in AMS2) may be faulty i don't know as i don't care.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

I still think it has some weird wandering behaviour, not as much as previously but the front end does still try to drift a little bit for me. I did a complete reinstall today to see if it made any difference like others have said with odd behaviour of some cars. The reinstall made zero difference for me for the super V8 and the Omega 99 which is almost impossible to keep in a straight line. It is not a high powered car so am wondering if there is an issue with that one too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. Dady Cairo

and the Caterham 620 R,but mayby it's the cars character and it's a "placebo":D
    I don't read much complaints about these cars ,so maybe i'm to stupide to drive the 620R,but no problems for me withe the others.F-Trainer /Old Stock 79 defenitly have quirks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The issue I had with the V8 Supercar was a stupid misunderstanding from my side, the fix was very simple. I explained it in a more recent post.
    I'm aware that there was something off with the car, I remember it felt to me like driving with rear ARBs on max stiffness, but it's much better now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1