1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. locosuizo

locosuizo New Member

Yesterday i had find out that after clean installing AMS2 the AI races much better than bevor. There is really a big difference, so i think installing from scratch is the way to go. It took me less then 2 hours and it’s worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

What a confusing mess. So, we don't know what's happening. That little download after you shut down now worries me. Is that automatic Steam Cloud or something?

The whole thing gives me that syncing feeling.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Change steering lock from 18.0 to 16.0 in set up and try it. Also, I set centering to 0% in my wheel's software because I don't like self-centering.

4. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Random problem
    During replays everything smooth
    But the cars sometimes shake so an onboard camera view is unwatchable

viewing the cars from external view all track smooth but quick constant micro shaking of the cars visible

is there a fix?

5. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Afaik it's just syncing rating data nothing else. It's been doing that since the release of the rating system.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but self-centering in the wheel's software is not the same thing at all as self-centering forces coming from the sim. One is merely a force that's pulling your wheel towards the center at all times, whereas the self-centering forces of the sim come directly from your front wheels and steering column, and as such are affected by your speed, angle of attack (when sliding/drifting), etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

That's a pointless annoyance for me, and Reiza ought to fix it. I never do anything that would change my rating, nor will I ever, and I'm on middle-of-nowhere Internet with a bandwidth limit. So they're chewing on my Internet for nothing? Great. :mad:

8. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Sounds about right. I kill it in the wheel software, but still get a more natural feeling centering force from the in-game FFB settings.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I think Azaris was referring to self-aligning torque.

Still the question remains: Did the fresh install fix the AI or is it something else? Other settings or other conditions? Both? Other circumstances or perception? If we have issues with something in the game, do a fresh install and the issue is gone and assume the fresh install fixed it, why are we not excluding this method when it doesn't work?

F1Aussie just wrote that he just did a fresh install and that didn't fix the issue. We can't just say 'ok action x gets me result y' but then ignore the result when it doesn't work. There's probably some bias in the mix, idk.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the caterhams a few months back and they tried to kill me numerous times, not sure if I am willing to go back there, lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried increasing the steering lock to the lowest number and it did not fix the underlying issue, maybe just numbs it a bit.

12. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Well, I'd like to exclude the re-install route, it doesn't make sense to me.

But I started v1.4 with a fresh install and haven't had many issues. Others have said that reinstalling helped. And one person said that they reinstalled twice, and it didn't fix things the first time, but it did the second time.

So, it's a mystery. All I know is that I just found the global switch for Steam Cloud and killed it globally. So I hope that kills the pestiferous little downloads that happen after I close the game when I play while connected to the Internet.

I've also killed Steam Cloud game-by-game, but apparently AMS2 doesn't have the switch. I've installed a bunch of stuff lately and always kill it on install if the switch is there. I thought AMS2 had the switch, but I must have been thinking about something else that I installed recently.

Hopefully Steam won't mysteriously reenable Steam Cloud anymore now that I turned it off globally.

But that still leaves us with the big question. Why do some people have issues that other people do not have?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that is a question that has been asked many times before and I think there is no one answer that explains everything. There's so many different hardware configurations. I think it's complicated ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Caster is a camber "multiplier" (or booster if you want) in practical terms. On top of that when the steering wheel is turned and there is camber AND caster you are practically lifting the front of the car with steering wheel hence the huge amount of steering wheel force it adds/removes.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Making a set up right out of the box means the Reiza must nail the exact controller every sim racer is using. This means guessing which one of the dozens of controllers on the market is the one a racer likely uses.
    I've been sim racing for decades. From the beginning I knew set up is what separates me from others. bite the bullet and learn how to set up. For the most part, many of the setups don't differ that much car to car. Once you get one you are comfy with, you can extend it to others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After seeing first hand how much different FFB settings and different files can have on how the cars feels and behaves, if you are having issues or don't like how the cars are feeling, it maybe worth tinkering with your FFB and I still strongly reccomend trying DanielKarts V44

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

That looks to me like a setup issue, the car is just wandering and not self aligning.
    Toe or castor issue probably on the default setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

As for FFB I'm starting to think default is the way to go, as Default + is way too aggressive coming back to centre after loss of traction etc.
    Default just feels more natural, but does lack initial bite/feel on turn in from the front end.
    Adding a bit of extra Fx helps, but in general most cars are alot easier to drive over/on the limit imo.
    Be interested to see what other people think after the latest update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I said this the other day after a few people were having problems with the super V8s . Tried with the default ffb and then a couple of custom ffb files and it really was a different car to drive . The main thing I noticed was the difference in wheel speed returning to center when trying to recover from oversteer , with the default ffb it was far to fast to the point where you simply couldn't control it consistently and usually ending up with a tank slapper . The custom files were far more controlled allowing me to feel and catch the rear end early enough to control it . Now I appreciate this will be different for other types of wheel bases but with my direct drive simplicity wheel it certainly makes a huge difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am using default with (almost) the recommended settings for SimuCube Sport (used for pro) and love it and I actually like the feeling I have while loading the front wheels and the loss of it when pushing to hard