1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I have, "Grand Prix" on either Blu Ray or DVD, I can't remember which. Highly recommended.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have that movie but have not watched it.

3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I've not tried it in RF2, now I know what I'm doing this evening!

Yeah, I am not that familiar with it, will be great to try.

Cheers, I'm glad you enjoyed it, the upsampling tech is impressive. There's one from Monaco too, perhaps more scenes from the film alink mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Those scenes are really nice, shame there aren't film-ripped versions with that framerate so we can see the full quality rather than what looks to be the old "point your camera at the TV" trick

5. Bizarre Formula

I assumed those artifacts were where the upsampling got confused rather than the initial quality.

It's a tech I've hated since before I even knew what it was. When it came out I started noticing how old films and cartoons especially looked 'weird' and 'too smooth' on new TVs, like they were filmed in the style of a documentary.

Later I figured out what the setting was and switch it off. I still dislike it but I must say, the above usage really impressed me, it's great to see the orginals of races of that era but with the extra frames it makes it feel more real somehow and being able to see the motion of the parts and the detail.

Certainly still can get better I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

The video sequence from "Grand Prix" here is a badly enhanced version from someone who has now kownledge about it (wrong colors etc.).The Blu-Ray is fine with much Extras.Highly recommended.:)

For RF2 there is a "league friendly" enhanced version called Belgium on steamworkshop.Get this!:cool:
    Edit:
    [REL] - Belgium Spa Historic (League Friendly Version) v2.02

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

Yeah, upscaling and especially interpolation are a point of contention (especially when it comes to animated stuff) and it definetely varies in terms of results but at least in the Grand Prix footage it definetely looks to me more like the upscaling works good but despite that it's a screen recording rather than native footage (look how messy the colours are compared to the actual rips)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

this is a toned down version. The original is better and more challenging.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thanks, i will try

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

May I suggest you to make a full clean (re)install?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

No no no. He only needs to burn the documents it came with.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Bizarre Formula

Yeah I see what you mean, I didn't know about the film at all, looks well worth a watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CatAstrophe05

Good film actually, the off-track plot is forgettable but it's an amazing snapshot of 60s F1 otherwise
    If you search "grand prix 1966" up on YouTube you can find the full thing for free unless you fancy hunting down a copy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You need only these movies from that aera: Grand Prix (1966) + Le Mans (1971) with Steve Mcqueen.
    And another not so well known great movie is Pit Stop (1969) from Jack Hill!
    Pit Stop (1969) - IMDb
    and a great italian trash version with F2 as F1:D,the cheapo of Grand Prix.Called Le Mans scorciatoia per l'inferno (1971) in german "Todespiste Le Mans" english title is "Summer Love".Good footage of the old european racetracks.This movie is rare i got a german/italian cut as a DVD.The other movies are all on Blu Ray with nice Extras.
    Le Mans scorciatoia per l'inferno (1970) - IMDb
    Hope you find a copy:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree here. I would love a tiny bit of initial bite more on default, some cars are actually showing (like the Ginetta GT3 and the Ginetta G58 in the P1 class) but in general it is a bit missing there.
    Otherwise it is giving the best feeling among all the FFB options of what the car (especially the rear) is doing IMHO.

17. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula V12 is worse than ever, very slidey, feels like all 4 wheels are sliding. Formula Classic Gen 3 feels fantastic now, it's what i always imagined F1 cars should feel. Formula V10 gen 1 and 2 are grippy, and feel good.
    F V12, which is right between Classic gen. 3 and V10 gen.1, feels so much different than both. The grip doesn't seem to be there, it's like an F1 car with Miata wheels and tyres, not those wide, big-ass wheels they actually have.

P3 cars, which was my favorite class, are also less grippy, and much slidier than before. Also, there's no way in hell you do a full lap at Velo Park with the default 6 clutches... It's A LOT more throttle sensitive than before, reducing the clutches to a 2 is a must. From what i read on this forum, some other cars have this issue, too. I used to be able to push these cars so hard, to the absolute limit, and still feel in control of the car. Now, they are more finicky and way less forgiving.

I was so frustrated and annoyed with the P3 and F V12 changes that i haven't touched AMS 2 in 3 weeks, until yesterday. Like i said, Classic F1 cars feel amazing now, they used to be crap. DTM cars are better, the new Ginetta is very nice, GT4 , GT3, GTE cars are very good. But cars that were my absolute favourite, P3 and F V12... no bueno.

18. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I just deleted the paste in MyDocuments and reinstalled AMS2. Let's see if it changed anything.

19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It didn't for me, will be curious to see if it does for you

20. CatAstrophe05

Is it just me or did my photo mode camera suddenly become way smoother after a fresh install? It went from being limited to like, 10 or 20FPS with slow movement to 60 with smoother and faster movement