1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The issue described/shown above mostly happens with non-FFB devices like gamepads and keyboard. With FFB devices it "eliminates" the wandering pretty much.

It's partly also the extraordinary nature of this type of car with its aggressive front geometry and spool and we have some other hunches aswell. Don't see that as any promise or ETA, but it's not unlikely to receive another look. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Holy moly, that looks ridiculous. I can tell you if the car was behaving like that for me I sure as hell wouldnt be calling it natural. That looks terrible!

EDIT: Oh, thats using a gamepad.. Well, I'm using a Fanatec CSW original so who knows. Seems perfectly fine to me but hey, I definately hope that gets sorted for you. That looks almost undriveable..

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just had a test run with the super V8 and I don't know if there have been any changes in game or on my PC but it actually seemed okay this time, it didn't seem to have this weird little jinking right and left in the steering while trying to keep it straight. The omega 99 is still a pig to drive though, don't know if that is just the way it is or if that car is buggy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Totally agree. I would also add Porsche cup car to this list of strange behaving cars. It seams that this problem is most obvious in veichles with dominant mechanical grip.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the Omega is among the cars that still have to be updated. Did some laps in the V8 Supercar yesterday and there was no wandering. I think the car's fine, it's probably an issue that occurs with gamepads, difficult to say.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I drove the V8 Supercar yesterday and got that wandering feeling in the straight too, with a G29.
    It's like that vague wheel center on a kombi (VW van) :).

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. There are still some cars that behave strangely, including the Super V8 that's like driving on ice. The street cars are also way too slippery. Hey a Mc Laren F1 remains a Mc Laren as a street version with a lot of grip. This difference is far too big on the racing versions. A Lancer RS also behaves very strangely (I drove one myself from 2001-2003). I can recommend everyone to test a custom ffb with these cars from Karsten or Kuku or Stakanov or Peter Stefanie or from me. It will be a completely different experience

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Might try a few of the cars that we don't always see online in my stream today, will be leaving out cars that still have problems like the Old Stock & F-Trainer.
    Also will leave out Super V8 but only because certain folks are experiencing problems with it and some arn't. Personally Im not having problems with it at all.

If you wanna join in im going live now.
    Ask in Stream chat for server password!
    Lets Enjoy Some AMS2!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I know the discussion is on Super V8s right now, but I have to say, we had a server last night with Formula Trainer adv. on Oulton in default setup. It became a running joke in the server, those of us near the top were full sideways sliding 'round. There is a ridiculous lack of lateral grip, turn in and you slide 30m perpendicular to the direction of the nose.

I would suggest that since the latest updates, something is amiss. These cars do not feel correct for a vehicle designed to train drivers on good inputs for Formula cars.

Maybe one of these weird glitches though, have any of you noticed this? I was pretty hard to miss for all in the server.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought all cars had the physics changes now and only a couple needed some tweaking, I did not think the omega was one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's known and has been discussed in this thread many times. They are looking into it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bizarre Formula

My impression is that while the foundation of the physics may be down and complete, there is still plenty of love and tweaking that needs to go around, it may not be to the whole physics engine, perhaps just tweaking values, but it isn't just one or two cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Bizarre Formula

Sorry I hadn't seen that, apologies for beating the dead horse, glad it has been noted.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

For the most part tweaking cars and tires is all it ever was to get to this point. We have made very few changes to the physics models on engine side that would affect handling - certainly nothing that should get more credit than the careful craftmanship cars themselves have received.

There's a very short list of cars that will still receive the update they deserve in the near future. The rest are going to stay as is for the coming months. This is a good thing: people get to know the cars as they stay unchanged for a good period of time.

On the other hand we are still working on some physics models such as AMDM. That hasn't stopped at 1.4.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bizarre Formula

Thanks for explaining, I'm sure it must be frustrating to have people speculate as to how and why things happen but as far as I'm concerned it might as well be magic! :D

As always, looking forward to seeing what you guys do next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, you're correct, I just read back and it seems all vehicles have received the physics update, they're looking into the Formula Tainer and the old Opala Stock Car, not the Omega. My bad.

Overall it's fascinating how different people's experience is, especially regarding the V8 Supercar.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

We did a GT1 race on spa, on pit Exit I realized the car on front of me is hovering .. looks like it was not lowered back to the track after pit stop.

Fuel and tire were set to high multiplier ( i.e only 4 laps with max 100L) so at laps four had to pit in for fuel. Tire were still remain 35% on front and 65% at the back. Auto pit refuel but once again didn t changes the tire. On lap 5/6 I got the pit in request because tire ... I finished the race with two black Squares for front tire because for sure I Will not pit in on last lap.

Is There somewhere explain the pit logic ? Is There a wiki somewhere because this pit Crew logic is everything but logic for me and as I m driving VR I cannot map 25 button to handle the manual pit menu selection

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

About the Omega, it has a very loose rear out of corners, but no LSD settings - is it a welded diff, or an open diff and the car just has a nervous rear?

19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

In Brazil, the category is unfamed because the 2011 death of Gustavo Sondermann racing at Interlagos:

A thing that isn't recurrent in Brazilian automobilism is people dying, specially at Interlagos. There was a fatal bike accident that happened in 2020 (Matheus Barbosa, racing Superbike 2020 Interlagos stage) but bike racing is considerably more dangerous and it's "expected".

After the Copa Montana accident there was an investigation and some discussion about what to do and they reach the conclusion that the car is too unstable at "high" speeds (that is anything over 130Km/h, in this case) because it's bed make it so (it's in nature of pickup racing to be like that). They did some changes at Interlagos (now there is a chicane that can be used in the "Subida dos Boxes" straight, before the pit entry that, thank God, is barely used) but people loosed the interest in this category and even the sales of the street version of the Chev Montana were impacted. The category have being ended at 2012 because of both the sportive unconformity and the fact that it became a negative propaganda for the street version.

At AMS2, the car used to have the very tricky behavior and a lot of folks used to complain about that, saying that "the car is broken"... maybe because of that, it didn't got that popular... and if that was "fixed" by Reiza, them the AMS2 version got unrealistic.

This don't seems to be "weird" to me. The REAL LIFE SV8 is considerably sensitive and it is like this because that configuration allow the car to force aggressive turn angles to compensate this heavy and large build compared to narrow corners usually found at Australian tracks... and because SV8 drifting all around looks good to the eyes to watch lol. You can't floor the pedal all the time, even in straight line... at least not without doing some steering compensations (usually minimal and barely perceptive).

The positive side is that with this car, as it is, you can do a lot of drifting, what is as fun as a car can be.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This