1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: V.1.4.1.3
    Track & Layout Used: Spa 2020
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: Default setup or any other setup with only wing changes
    Report: Downforce is broken
    Steps to reproduce: Try to take Eau Rouge-Raidillon flat out, impossible

The downforce on this car appears to be broken. No matter what wing settings, you cannot run Eau Rouge flat (which these cars could easily do irl). Either the nose lifts up in the air (rear balanced) or the car spins uncontrollably (front balanced).

2. Disturb

Disturb New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Mclaren 720S GT3
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: after you crash and you go to replay, the wheels are not attached to the car, you only see the brakes
    Steps to reproduce: start any race, crash the car, watch the replay

3. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

think downforce in AMS2 is in some cases to much at mid settings , strange maybe not enough on the V10 at highest setting ? Assuming they take flat out on real life , I’m use to lifting very slightly in other sims using high downforce at Eau Rouge

4. lozarcher

lozarcher Loz

Track & Layout Used: Virginia (Any)
    Car Used: P4 Duratec
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Sound issue at higher revs. Engine sound cuts out and back in again past a certain point.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the P4 Duratec online

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-V10 Gen1 situation is known and will be sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mirrors of F-US G1 Reynard are much too big.
    AMS
    ss141859.jpg
    Real life
    777dae25e633048c124e679ea5a40c8f.jpg
    e5fdafdca3c3e72aada4210a2de9c511.jpg

7. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

thanks
    I’m quite new & been using the formula historics / vintage in AMS2 & I have to set the downforce lower than I’d expect , they are incredibly planted at mid downforce level

I have done track days in downforce cars but not got involved in setting them up so my main reference is rf2 & iracing , massive massive thanks for your hard work & listening

8. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I tried to set up a multi-class race with DPI, GTE, GT Open and Copa Montana. I was in the Porsche GTE. When I loaded up, there were only DPIs and Copa Montanas on the grid, with myself as the lone GTE, and no GT Open. Same for several tracks I tried.

Removing the Copa Montana from the multi-class meant everything worked as normal.

9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive figured out that multiclass will only load cars with custom ai if any of the classes you picked have custom ai.

Personally, i deleted custom ai from all non f1/indycars (which i would never race multiclass anyways) and this worked as a workaround for this bug.

10. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

V.1.4.1.3
    Track & Layout Used:
    Any (tested in Oulton Park)
    Car Used: Copa Fusca / Formula Vee
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: There is a bug in the rear subspention of these cars. When the car is stopped and without stepping on the brake, the car begins to sway as if the rear suspension were constantly changing between two height positions, I'm not sure if this bug is present in other cars out of Fuscas and Vees or if this affects driving whatsoever.
    Steps to reproduce: Start a practice session and just release the brake, the car will start swaying. For better viewing of this behavior, take the car out of the garage and switch to 3rd person view.

11. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

V.1.4.1.3
    Track & Layout Used:
    Nuburgring 24h and Silverstone 2001, that I know of.
    Car Used: GT1 class
    Applicable Settings: Custom single race with Max AI allowed or custom AI with 24. Light cloud weather and AI difficulty 96 aggressiveness high.
    Report: Drivers are red blocks or gone completly, seems to happens only in some tracks. It can also happens of liveries not loading and the car is just completly red, my driver looses it hands too. It doesnt seem to happens with other classes, I raced with german group a in Nuburgring 24h and it was normal.
    Steps to reproduce: Try making a custom single race in any of the tracks above, I tried both with max AI allowed and with 24 AI racers.

Attached Files:

12. CrimsonEminence

It sounds strange but do you use a custom FFB file and is it a bit older?

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Gave it a try now at Nurburgring, as I am also using an older custom ffb file.
    All is fine, with full grid or just 24 AI. Using custom liveries and AI.

Maybe there was some mismatch going on during update on Turbo Granny's PC?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  14. CrimsonEminence

Some Custom FFB files can cause these issues, when they are from a certain time period at least. I can't recall exactly when, but i don't see this issue the first time and it's very likely (certain) Custom FFB file related (yes it's crazy, but you got to believe me here :D )

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Of course I believe you, but I also once had a weird problem after an update:

I could not load modern Hockenheim anymore and on the historic version, I had strange issues with liveries. Checkin files on Steam did not help either.
    So, I opened the installation folder, manually switched through, deleted all files according to Hockenheim and than let Steam verify the game files once again and reload the missing files/folders. This did the trick. There were obviously corrupted files after the update which Steam did not recognize as such ones.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Turbo Granny

Funny, it did started happend when I changed my custom FFB now that you say it, but to a newer one, update to 1.4 it says, I'll try to get the older one again and get back to you.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. CrimsonEminence

Yup, in such case also a GPU driver update can help, if it doesn't do it after verify/files restoration btw.

But the red cars and red blocks driver issue is known from some adventures in the past we had. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Tada Banri

Tada Banri New Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona Oval
    Car Used: FUSA gen 2 Toyota
    Applicable Settings: Manual pitstops off
    Report: Throttle cutting in and out repeatedly after pit stop
    Steps to reproduce: Run race on Daytona with a pit stop and manual pitstops off

19. Turbo Granny

Yep, going back to the previous custom FFB fixed it, thanks alot! It was driving me crazy :confused:

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. 0ct0

0ct0 Member

My pals and I also have big frame drops on TToW