1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What does your full game version number say in the bottom righthand corner of the main menu?

2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

It says V1.4.1.3.2157.AVX, I got the option on steam to keep this game always updated to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

Out of interest:
    What livery did you use?

4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Livery ID:57, no custom livery.

5. CrimsonEminence

Thank you, we have found the cause. It will be sorted! :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Donington Park GP
    Car Used: Formula Retro Gen2 Model1
    Applicable Settings: Dry, perhaps hot.
    Report: Front Wing at its maximum setup value (3) produces an impossible amount of downforce and imbalances the car.
    Steps to reproduce: Set the front wing to 3 and try to set everything up to compensate. Try absurd values if you want (maximum front arb, detached rear arb, no toe in in front, lots of toe in at the back, minimum rake, etc). The car becomes a spinning top and will spin out on its own at several places even after babying the car some laps until tyres warmed up. Specially notorious in the run to the Old Hairpin, which should be done flatout with no issues on this car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder how many people this affects? It's clearly not everyone as you'd have thought you'd see more mention of it, but then again it is affecting multiple people.

I've tested it with last weeks combo of Ginetta GT5 at Velopark, and even when running a normal Time Trial I get my normal FPS, but the same combo in the TTotW I suddenly drop 40 FPS, which really makes no sense as surely ghost car recording etc should be the same?

It's a real shame as it makes the online events unusable for me, but I'm not seeing reports of it from everyone in the forum so worry its going to be seen as an isolated issue and not get any urgent attention?

I'd like to think it would be solvable however, as its not like the rain/headlights issue that is surely within the core of the graphics engine, if I can run the same car, track and conditions in a different game mode without the FPS drop, then it has to be something that the TTotW mode is doing different in the background that certain systems don't like? *fingers crossed*

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

It is, no worries. (issue has been reproduced and not unlikely to be fixed soon (TM) )

• Like Like x 2
  9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Brill
    Glad not just me , I’ll get involved in those interesting events when fixed big thanks

10. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

V.1.4.1.3
    Track & Layout Used:
    Any
    Car Used: Copa Trucks
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Copa trucks have 6 gears instead of 5 as it supposed to be. It seems due to the 1rst gear is duplicated (first and second gear have exactly the same rev ratio, see attached pics).
    Steps to reproduce: Start any session with a Copa Truck. Shift up and you'll notice they have 6 gears plus reverse. Drive the car and pay attention at the revs while shifting from 1rst gear to 2nd gear, there is no rev drop, unlike when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th, etc.

Copa Truck 01.png Copa Truck 02.png

11. Stefan Denninger

Stefan Denninger New Member

I cant get the map to get displayed in the hud. Any track, any car…

12. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this issue the other day and found that there was a tick box in the settings somewhere for it.

13. John Hart12

John Hart12 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Ortona
    Car Used: Shifter Kart
    Applicable Settings: Dry
    Report: You and the AI can't finish a 10 lap race, engine blows on every car
    Steps to reproduce: As above

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  14. John Hart12

John Hart12 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
    Car Used: Shifter Kart
    Applicable Settings: Dry
    Report: The track get so dusty that the kart won't properly drive whereas the AI drive it no problem other than going slightly off track and putting more dust on the circuit.
    Steps to reproduce: Race for 10 laps

15. Qrio72

Qrio72 New Member

V.1.4.1.3
    Track & Layout Used:
    Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Telemetry still being outputted during replays so buttkickers buzz like crazy. Can this be disabled in replay mode like other sims, then my teeth won't fall out when I'm trying to take a photo :)
    Steps to reproduce: watch any replay straight after a race (not a saved replay)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you lifting off the throttle as you change up gears?
    If you don't then the kart will over rev.
    A group of us managed 2 laps of the 24hr Nordschleife track, which is a total distance of 50Km. We certainly had to nurse the engines a bit on the last lap, but they did make it.

17. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone else getting a glitch/momentary skipping frames whenever an AI car makes a pit stop? I've previously noticed it, particularly at end of race when at the end of the warm-down lap, as each car enters the pits, there's a screen jerk/frame skip. The same thing happened in AMS1.

That was tolerable because the race is over but just raced at Laguna Seca in the Unos, with compulsory pitstops, and it was glitching a lot during the race (presumably every time an AI car made their pit stop), eventually leading me to crash off the road when it happened whilst I was mid-corner.

18. CrimsonEminence

Long standing optimization issue, that already happened in old ISImotor titles, i can recommend to set pit crew detail to player only as a workaround. No news on that front yet otherwise, sorry!

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Champrt78

Champrt78 Member

Same here in online event my fps crashes, but if I pick same car/track/weather/time in test mode it's fine Normal 90fps (I'm in VR)

20. pfoetiman76

pfoetiman76 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Driving in the rain in VR, make the cars in front of me a bit transparent. I can see the water spray from the cars in front of the car I am following, through the cars.