1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of AMDM (which is awesome) will all car classes get the feature in the future?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. It's soft launched so it can be done correctly and with some sufficient amount of research. (So [modern] GT cars aren't failing like 60s Formula cars)

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No one has been able to give me a straight answer on this. The devs seem to think it has an open diff but it drives nothing like that.

4. CrimsonEminence

We don't seem to think that, we know that mate. :)

It's a decent weighty open diff with some internal friction and inertia of internal components. Not everything on a car is differential related.

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well it drives like it has a solid axle... on the front wheels. Turning the steering wheel has almost no relevance as to turning the car and as soon as you get on the brakes it just goes straight like a dump truck. The only way to turn is to spin up the rears up and push it through corners on throttle. It's bizarre. "Drives" nothing like a car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this doesn't affect the performance of the car, but for the love of god are the tire colors in the F Reiza ever going to be fixed? It's been 2 and a half years since full release.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The F-Reiza and the F-Ult G1 both need updating: the F-Ult has no tire color rings at all currently and the Reiza has them in the wrong place (they should be on the outside of the tire rather than inside)
    upload_2022-9-17_20-54-33.png

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me on a normal DD1 wheel it does not weave at all..

• Like Like x 1
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Adding tyre decals in theory should be easy and fast to do... definitely something that should be ready on all cars by now.

I wonder if there is actually something hindering this, or if Reiza just don't want to bother with it for now. Something like the whole art team dedicated to make the official liveries for the current gen IndyCar + Indianapolis

10. GodzillaGTR

I have a question about taking Radilion and Eau Rouge at Spa. In the GTE Porsche I can take it full out on a light rubbered road with 0 rear wing. Now I understand it is possible to take it flat out I am not wondering about that. I suspect based on incidents that have happened there though that it really shouldn't be this easy for me to take it full out with zero wing without any fear of the car losing it.

GTE cars have a lot of downforce I get that but should it not be at least marginally scary to take that stretch on a light rubbered road with 0 wing? Even with cold tires it was like nothing. I honestly don't know what kind of rear wing real life cars use there so it may just be that other sims have it wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So what you are saying is that ams2 needs stock car light…

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

0 wing doesn't mean 0 downforce and the diffusor downforce is very significant for the GTE aswell, so CoP is always a rearwards biased one. The Porsche also has a traction advantage in general on throttle, due to even the RSR, which is mid-rear engine but still having a good bias to the rear in accelerating state.

Not commenting on how scary it should really be, but a thing some older sims got wrong for example was that with a rear wing completely missing (due to damage etc.) the cars were not sticking at all anymore. They should get very loose of course but it isn't the whole truth because there is also undertray downforce to take into account.

So with a wing at 0 the wing will still deliver some baseline downforce. How much or less that is, could be debatable and worth a look, but nothing kaputt here. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. GodzillaGTR

Yeah fair enough. It was a bit surprising in that some of the other corners at Spa I do get a bit of an "oh crap" moment with zero wing so I guess I just expected that section to be scarier. I wasn't suggesting it was zero downforce btw, just stating the wing I was using.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I mean, to be fair, it's surprising that it isn't present right now, it only makes sense if you have the license of a big name local series to put the feeder series in too

Plus maybe getting a model upgrade to the 2020-22 Stock Cruze would be nice, it looks prettier than the real thing admittedly but it's nowhere near accurate (the IRL Cruze has a sort of droopy silhouette car look to it which AMS2 lacks, iRacing's version represents that look better I feel, and also the Corolla is much more accurate it seems so there's no issues I can find with that one, it's just the Cruze that's not quite right)
    upload_2022-9-17_23-25-38.png
    upload_2022-9-17_23-35-45.png

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Hmmm. Looking at the pics from @CatAstrophe05 it looks like the Cruze needs to be chopped and channeled.

While they're at it, may as well de-chrome, French the headlights, louvre the hood, install some Lake pipes, and give it some wide whitewalls, moon hubcaps, and chrome trim rings!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The cars might be looking different because the ams2 screenshot has a higher fov (compare the angle of the rear wing), and the lighting is different. They might be different though but I have no idea.

But i do agree that the models could be improved, especially the interior where the buttons for p2p dont work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Field Notes:

There's nothing wrong with the Porsche Cup cars, they're great.

There's nothing wrong with the Omega, however I can understand why someone might suspect that there's something wrong with them, but it's the nature of the beast. Therefore...

Reduce caster.
    Reduce camber.
    Reduce sway bars.
    Increase spring rate.

Try them again.

EDIT: I tested the Omegas at Taruma, so try them there. The Porsche Cup cars I tested at Interlagos GP.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I just looked at them in game and they look pretty good. I think it's the, "Focal Length" slider in the screenshot window that might fix the appearance in screenshots.

But I'm not a photographer. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about those things can chime in. But they don't look stubby in game to me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Also the P2P light in the windscreen, at least I haven't seen it working in AMS2 like it did in AMS1

20. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Bikes... AMS2 need bikes ASAP!

• Funny Funny x 2