1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I am talking about users preferences while browsing lobbyes....

2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It's hard to get the rights to a whole series. The advantage of AMS 2 is the presence of circuits that we do not see everywhere whether they are historical or not.
    The important point is to obtain a list of circuits consistent with the vehicles. I can "tinker" some missing circuits of a series but sometimes it's quite difficult. Take for example the indycar, it lacks in my opinion, at least an American urban circuit (Nashville, Belle Isle..) and an oval (Indianapolis).
    Ditto for "Nascar", at least 2 ovals are missing (like Miami, Charlotte...) for the SuperV8, 2 additional Australian circuits (Surfers Paradise, Pukehoke...) would better represent the imo series.
    Reiza has to find the right match.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Agree, but can you tell me which class is the closest to NASCAR in ams2? Have tried to look, but none resembles a nascar.

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

The longest World RX circuit is now officially in AMS2 - Kansai GP!
    I’ve done two 12 lap races with the GT3’s, starting in the middle, max aggression and maximum cars to livery ratio.
    I’m not exaggerating here, but after about five or six laps, 90% of the turns and corners have dirt all over them which makes them super slippy and it gets progressively slippier each lap after that until the finish.
    The AI are constantly cutting corners driving in the dirt, especially T1, like proper cheating and chucking so much dirt onto the vast majority of the track.
    I did the race twice, because I thought it could be just a one off, but sadly no, five or six laps in and I have to change my racing lines to avoid the dirt rally 2.0 lines.
    Try it out, it’s utter madness!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Sorry, it's my fault. I assumed that Nascar will come to the racing USA pt4 DLC.
    You can try the Brasilian stock 1999 it's quite fun. There are even Nascar liveries on RD (very pretty by the way).

6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

This is a pattern with a lot of tracks I've noticed, the AI must think they're doing the iRacing trick of going on the grass to go faster or something
    Hopefully an update teaches them track limits

• Like Like x 2
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes the ai are broken right now, i’ve written in the official ai thread about their erratic behaviour in the current build, but I assume Reiza are already working on it as they cant be happy with it either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rmagid1010

What we actually need are these sounds

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

sounds good
    But a portion of it is mic distortion it’s to mound for the mic on the camera to smoothly record it

10. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

It's exceptionally silly at Gateway, dirt halfway down the back stretch rather quickly, and given they keep picking it up, give them a full race they might have dirt all the way to turn 3

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. rmagid1010

Ive just realised the one car that AMS2 needs, as this one car could be recycled into lots of classes to fill up the grids

C21C6D93-5481-4F61-AC9D-7044E4C642B7.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

This may be an unpopular opinion, but while the content suggestions are appreciated and I too would like some more content, no one is going to take AMS2 as a serious MP contender if they don't improve online first. This game already has an amazing and detailed roster of cars and tracks, IMO it doesn't necessarily need more content, and instead it could use a total revamp of the multiplayer system first. It already has everything that it needs to succeed content-wise, all it needs now is a stable multiplayer with matchmaking, possibly dedicated servers, something like iRacing or LFM does. It doesn't need more content to attract more players, it needs a better online system, the content is all already there.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This may be an unpopular opinion, but while multiplayer improvements suggestions are appreciated and I too would like to see fixes and multiplayer better, no one is going to take AMS2 as a serious single-player contender if they don't improve solo play first. This game already has an amazing and detailed roster of cars and tracks, IMO it doesn't necessarily need more content, and instead it could use a total revamp of the single-player system first. It already has everything that it needs to succeed content-wise, all it needs now is a reliable AI, possibly saved multiclass combos, editable grids, something like AC's Content Manager does. It doesn't need more content to attract more players, it needs a better AI system, the content is all already there.

;)

[​IMG]

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 5
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
  14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fully agreed. Dedicated servers desperately need to not be peer-to-peer. Plus they really need more host features.

Switching from p2p to server-client probably is a troublesome task, but I can't see any other way for MP to actually be on level with AMS1, rF2, ACC.

P2P works fine for casual random races for those who just want a quick fix, but sucks for everything else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Each to their own. I pretty much never race against the AI, but I understand others focus on this. I almost exclusively play multiplayer, so others should understand that for me and plenty like me that is our focus.

Each update generally has an AI section but it's very rare to see anything about multiplayer. I'm aware some changes were made for 1.4 without being in the change log.

After waiting patiently for years now, I'm really hoping multiplayer starts to see some much needed attention.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Add some super gt cars and JGTC cars and the pack woulda been perfect

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im having some issues where some certain custom liveries are causing my game to lag heavily whenever i select the cars with them

and if i try to race them i get stuck on the loading screen.

i removed it and the game run fine with those cars any idea of whats probably causing this? i dont think it has to do with the new matterials supported cuz the Chrome Merc GT3 livery runs just fine

18. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Try Imola.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I’m a multiplayer guy too and I’ve been super critical on AMS2 online for both private and public lobbies and listed all the crazy bugs on here. My routine with AMS2 was new update, play for two hours, be disappointed and wait for next update. Since 1.4 I’ve not touched any other sim and I’m now making and saving my setups because I can compete against a group. Ideally it would be better to be able to compete when ever I fancied it, at random times against random clean drivers rather than set league times, but I’m hopeful for that feature in the near future with the improvements I have seen so far.
    I stopped playing for months because the online bugs drove me crazy. Flying n drifting laggy cars, pit crews refusing to change your tyres, not being able to move to next session, lobby freeze and crash, swapping the pole sitter to 2nd place on the grid for both rolling and standing starts I could list so much more haha
    Since 1.4 I’ve started playing this sim properly and I joined a new AMS2 group on Facebook and I have to say a lot of those bugs have gone from when I was last in a league earlier in the year. Reiza to their credit have tidied up all of the above, the experience is now a lot smoother and more stable and it looks like they are laying some solid foundations for 2023.
    We have done long races with mandatory pit stops, sprint races and also random 15m quali and a 6 lap race round robin type deal and I can honestly say all of the bugs I listed above have been removed and I’m super impressed with what they have achieved so far!
    I haven’t gone near public lobbies and won’t until there is a safety rating system and consequences for being a wrecker. If you join a discord or Facebook group, I promise you will find enjoyment and I can vouch for that.
    My money is still on decent AI to practise against and decent public online in 2023!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

correction the content you are interested in may be but for some of us who have been waiting almost 2 years now that is not the case.

• Like Like x 1