1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loosely in the same category but more related to Brazilian motorsport (Ayrton Senna):
    Honda NSX first-generation.
    With some flexible definition it might even fit in the Street Supercars category.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Only if they include the shoes on the driver model.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-9-18_18-42-44.png

Just happened to stumble upon this streamer and it reminded me of one ultra simple "feature" that AMS2 should have by now but still hasn't: default time for all the sessions should be anything with daylight...

And while we are at it, another extremely simple fix to an absurd behaviour would be to set human opponents defaulted to at least 10 or something when creating online lobbies. Why would it default to 1?

Also, this one is EXTREMELY annoying and absolutely illogical: when you create a lobby it will copy all settings from any previous lobby you've joined in. This is specially annoying because (apparently) AMS2 players actually enjoy arcade settings, so every single time we have to fix that before we create our own lobby.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it's a leftover from the PC development. It was so pathetically rubbish that the MP would crash all the time and the fastest way for the dumb developers to get the server back up and running was to keep all the settings from the last MP set of values. Just like why o why would you dump a player back to the main menu out of MP because you leave a server, that is bloody annoying too. There are many things about the interface that were poorly done like trying to scroll to the bottom of a list to read or change a value. It is just simple linked list structures which is a basic coding function. tear my hair out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because the MP server list could take up to a minute to fully populate at some point and it's bad UI design to automatically navigate to a menu screen that has an undetermined delay?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Erik G

Erik G New Member

I'm sorry but it doesn't seem so. I have checked and triple checked the rules I set there and they are for example 3 track cuts and in the custom championship whenever I have cut the track on one occasion and was told that this cut 1 out of 5 warnings. Also there are no yellow flags show on my HUD or on warning lights if they are present. On just one track out of 8 so far a yellow flag was shown on the HUD for a spun out AI. On other tracks there have been AI sat on the track for ages and no flags were shown on the HUD. Flags are on in options. Flags are on in HUD options. Might this be a bug?

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to agree here with at least some of this.

1) Why would the qualy session default to 00:00 and why would it be by default 24 hours long. I can't tell you the amount of times I've gone with my friends to qualy only to find out we are there with Formula 1 cars and its night. I forgot to change the setting. Why not 14:00 as default or what I used last time. Its super frustrating and also embarrassing :(

2) Remember the last used qualy session lenght. We use 5 minutes. Why wouldn't it default to as I always select that instead of 24 hours?

3) Lobby name and password. Every time I have to type in the name again even though it is the same every time. Also the password is the same. Type everything in every time. Very annoying with VR glasses. The worst part is when we all have to leave the night time qualy, to which I mistakenly defaulted to and then I go through these motions again.

4) Can we change the number of AI and their strength in the online lobby? We go to track only to find out AI is too weak/strong. Create another lobby. Set lobby name and password again, try again.

5) I am always the one who creates the lobby. I don't need the multiplayer lobby list to load for me. Every time I have to wait for it to load and only then I am allowed to create the lobby. Why?

I give also credit - In AMS2 its one of the easiest sims to race with your friends. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think theres one individual track left correct me if im wrong

• Like Like x 1
  9. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

yes. one more premium track. which leaves not many options

10. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

One more from the 2020-2022 round of tracks at least, and judging by the other 5, I feel likely candidates are Zandvoort, Paul Ricard, and Mexico City

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

God not Zandvoort, or Paul Ricard. Please bring that track that we all did not know we were missing... Blow our minds (i know you can)

All verry personal, and if you like Zandvoort thats just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Mexico City would be my personal choice of the three I think are most likely, but classic Zandvoort or Paul Ricard could at least be interesting, since all of the Premium Track Pack circuits all have historic layouts (Or will once 70s Nurburging is released)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Mexico would be my favorite. It's a South American track, which is used by F1 and has an interesting historic version that would complement the historic F1 calendar.
    That would be a nice addition in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Historic Zandvoort is a great track, I 'd love to see that included.
    For modern tracks I'd like to see most of all Fuji.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you meant Latin America, and not South America? Between Mexico and South America there is also Central America… :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Theres only one track that the last premium track can be, and it is a famous French race track that is not paul ricard or magny cours.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Pau Grand Prix?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Circuit du Val de Vienne?

19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Dijon-Prenois, naturally

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How can you not like Zandvoort? Especially the historic version. I mean it’s a rollercoaster ride in the dunes. For me the only missing track to make Automobilista 2 complete (for me)…

• Like Like x 2