Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Most players are offline players. While it'd be cool if more people started racing online, I can kind of understand if there's no interest. I feel the same with games like Halo e.g. I can see myself try some online matches but I really enjoy a good campaign mode much more, while other players might find them boring and just want play against other people. I can fully understand if people ask for an immersive career mode in sim racing games.

I'm in the EU region and I must say I see some GT3 lobbies but it's not even close to being the majority. You actually see some good variety.
    Btw, GT3 is the most popular and most successful platform atm. Last season there were more than 300 GT3 cars racing all over the world, without counting 'sister classes' like GTD in America or SP9 in NLS (former VLN) e.g.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know I prefer quite a few cars above GT3, but since these lobbies are empty I recently chose to enter those races instead of driving just the laps in a cool car but without competition.
    Maybe there are too many lobbies and none of them will be full, because everybody wants to drive their favorite car. What would happen if Reiza, like TTOW, choses a car and in that period (a day, a week, a month?) some (comparable) other cars are not selectable (in the open lobbies). That would cause the lobbies to be more crowded and to have more fun in the open lobbies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

People who wanted to race those non-selectable cars would probably play another game for that period where the can race the favourite car and over time stop checking into AMS2 because there is always a chance they can't race the car they want to race?

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would wreak havoc in the multiplayer sessions I play with my friends.

5. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that could be one of the answers. And to have more crowded races besides GT3 I hope that we'll get a solution. Racing the Copa Fusca, Chevette, Rocco001 or MCR2000, Trainer, Vee, BMW2002 was really fun.

6. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Maybe a system like Gran Turismo has with the weekly races, where you get 2 or 3 races with set conditions, rules, etc. every week that you can just select and it automatically hosts or joins a session but one can still choose to host a completely different Lobby if you wish to? Don't know how feasible that is for AMS2s multiplayer system tbh, but would surely help to focus the playership and make it easier to find races.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe things would be easier if instead there were official competition servers. That would guarantee appropriate focus from the community

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Fully agree. This can maybe be brought in with a new multiplayer update and be a good addition before third parties come in to the picture

9. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

+1

10. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

I am also an offline player, I have a lot of fun doing real length races, really fun! One thing I would find fun would be a 20 or 30 minute time trial, to reward speed and consistency.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

This is a random aside to the thread but I’ve been getting AI selecting the same livery as me despite that being listed as fixed previously, had anyone else run into this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It didn't seem to help RaceRoom too much but I think it would help AMS2's growth since the titles are at different points in their lifecycles.

3rd party offerings are great but they won't be able to tie the community together like something official from Reiza would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Rf2 has official public servers for their dlc cars (a btcc server and a GT3 server etc) but they are as sparsely populated as the rest of rf2

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be clear: there are two subjects really being discussed.
    1. how do you focus the community and avoid finding 50 servers with 3 people each --> competition server
    2. how do you make MP and the sim generally more popular in terms of MP --> improve the MP package which currently has too many game breaking shortcomings for the highest quality MP player to consider it a serious platform

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Ginetta G40 Cup should fulfil any Miata Cup desires. I'm hard pressed to find any meaningful differences between the two.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A seat on the lefthand side of the cockpit. :D

They're indeed quite similar cars in many regards.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

There does happen to be room for a third manufacturer judging by the number of GT5 skins.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

But RF2 does have issues AMS2 doesn't have!
    Polishing the game itself would help RF2 much more...:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a lot of issues since 1.4 release. Sometimes, the screen goes black (triple screen) with weird and bugued sound, loosing ffb too. Other times, the image have lot of fps drops, with maybe ffb loosing (not always) and some others with the game completely crashed, forcing to kill the process game.

Lot of crashes, usually repeating the same pattern (downshifting/ high revs/ same track position), others randomly.

I tried doing a clean windows install, but the problems continues
    PD: it doesn't matter if I use default or custom ffb profile. :S. Btw, the custom profile is the tumi based on Karsten, never had any issues until the last update.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To check if it's FFB custom file related you have to completely remove the Custom file from your documents folder. Custom FFB file related issues can also occur when the custom profile isn't activated but the file in the folder.

There is an addition for the next update to address these issues to some extend. File creators should still pay attention to optimization nevertheless though.

• Like Like x 2