Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds strange. Are you saying someone went into the barriers at Tosa, then reset their car to reappear stationary after the corner, yet somehow managed to catch you after you passed them and hit you from the rear? Doesn't make much sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For single player racing that is fine, but for MP that is annoying, since I can't filter out the more arcade lobbies.

The salt on the wound is that by far most lobbies are set up with far too many arcade settings, so finding one that suits is a pain. Then you say "just create one" - well, if it is not a 5 lapper GT3 at Spa sunny day fixed setup you need a lot of planets and stars aligning to gather up a raceable grid.

Like I said before and people keep ignoring - if the majority of the AMS2 online player base prefers an arcade-like experience, that is fine. Just means I need to move to another title. But it is undeniable it is kinda sad, given all the efforts the studio is making to provide an advanced simulation game.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

When he reset he reappears juste before the corner on the left Side of the road Just in front of me. I managed to avoid him but when I went in the turn he started and hit me ( I guess he didn t see me )

4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Reiza should implement more filter options so that people can filter out arcade lobbies when looking for a race to join. Another option would be to have scheduled online races with realistic options that people can join.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

MP or leagues isn’t very good imo. I like the physics etc. I came aboard in December for the CART cars and decided to try the others in MP leagues. I now just jump in for hot lapping, have “some fun”. The majority in all games, arcade simcades are not the hardcore, as some would say “salty purist” The arcade crowd being the majority pays the bills. Iracing for example, the original money backer John Henry (Red Sox ) loved papyrus and sim racing so he wanted the experience to continue, hence iracing. Time will tell where ams2 stands but the competition is here now where it wasn’t 10 years ago and that’s good for us the “racers “

6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think raceroom has this option but not sure about the other sims

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A full sim toggle, and then a tiny notification on the MP-lobby screen would be cool, so you can see who run realistic settings and who not. I've joined countless TC/ABS classes and then discover they run all aids + realistic aids off. The info screen is a bit too crowd to quickly glance whats on and off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think its just about what default settings are enable when you click ‘default’ in the realism settings of a custom lobby, these options should be set to most authentic by default.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

So join a club and/or host your own lobbies, there are loads. Not everyone has to drive the settings you want and unlike you, they aren't trying to suggest the options you like be removed.

I don't think people are ignoring what you said, I would suggest lots of people have been patient and let slide the comments - where 'arcade' and 'noob' are synonyms - essentially berating anyone who likes the settings you don't.

If your solution is to not play this game because you don't want to make the effort to join a club or get together a group of likeminded individuals to race with the settings you like, that is your call, but don't come on here and try and get features others enjoy removed.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Which other title would you be looking towards, that doesn't have this issue with pick-up races?

12. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Soooooo... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasically... other kids don't want to play with you, so you suggestion is to take away their toys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Pretty sure the option to filter lobbies with arcade bs would be welcome by many. Personally dont want to race people that have to use driver aids in a simulator. A filter option would be nice for those that want realism

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

Holy **** no one is advocating for not having that option available, only that they don't want want it accomplished by removing the way they want to play, what is with you people?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anthony 123

You seem to be confused. I suggested to filter lobbies based on aid settings. Not to remove anything. It wasn't exactly confusing dude

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Mate... unless you are using two accounts to post in this thread, I quoted other guy. But, yeah... I already agreed that a filter would be good, as any other addition. What we are complaining is about the lad that want to take things (that are optional to use) away from the game.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Anthony 123

Its perfectly acceptable to respond to a message directed at someone else. No confusion required. I happen to think the other guy makes a good point. Soooo... cheers yourself bud

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

No need for aggression from anyone. Just calm down and enjoy what we have right now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My two cents on this subject: as long as arcade settings are possible the majority of public lobbies will use them. Sad but true.

That’s why I hope for huge improvements AI wise because then I'm able to race the cars I like on the tracks I like and not race at Spa or Monza with GT cars.

However I do believe that official servers set up by Reiza with realistic settings would be popular. Raceroom does it and I had some good races there.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

R3E does not mandate realistic settings on their lobbies, you just get penalty ballast for using artificial aids.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1