Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

That pricing system has neither hurt the flight simulator franchise nor DCS, in the contrary. People are willing to pay that price for a single aircraft in a real study sim. Albeit, those modules are a lot more complex and also involve modelling of individual weapon systems, radar/sensors, internal componets, individual damage and failure simulation and different payload profiles.

I don't think there is a single race sim on the market wher it took 5 years to make a single car. (refering to the F-14 Module for DCS)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Si je pouvais donner plus d'argent à Reiza pour aider davantage, ce serait avec plaisir. Je sais que c'est un discours très fan boy et c'est vrai que je le suis sans doute un peu ;) Cela dit, j'aime bien les autres simulations aussi :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I am an optimistic that always hope for the best... but also, always prepare for the worst.

"Didn't hurt the player base"?

Mate, long story short:

I was a combat flight sim aficionado since 1991 (when my parents bought our first PC and I discovered games as Red Baron and Microprose's B-17 right from the start and after that I never stopped). CFS was the genre that I played the most, by far. Was the first genre I ever got really engaged in online gamming. And is the only genre that I dedicate my time to be a modder.

I feel myself morally prohibited to play DCS because a single DLC cost a third of the minimum wage here in Brazil. With the money of all DLCs I can buy a new motorcycle in real life (and motorcycles here aren't cheap). So, yeah, it's CURRENT player base (I will not judge who buys because I believe that the money belong to those who earned it to do what wants with it) may be there spending money on it... but the last CFS that I spent my money was Rise of Flight (after spend some money on the early DCS content), but I regretted doing that just because it didn't earn what charges. So, officially, the last good CFS I engaged was the first IL-2 with all of this expansions... and will say that content wise old games as IL-2 (original) and FALCON 4.0 aren't that far in quality to what is sold in DCS World... by the way, some parts of DCS simulation are a joke, as gun damage, and some aircrafts and weapons performance are very questionable, to say the least... included the most expensive DLCs.

Also, can't say if actual racing sim devs would spend five years to make a single car, but as I said to Troodon "hope for the best and prepare for the worst".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I hope we don’t get more race sims with a pricing model like Iracing

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 11
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Sun God Renato will shield us from damnation!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

For people like me who live in Brazil it's more like "I hope we don't get more race sims with a pricing model like iRacing, R3E, or rF2" (rF2 & R3E don't have regional pricing for their content).

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope we dont get any race sims with cars as NFTs (oh wait…)

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Racinglegend1234

I feel like R3E is the less extreme one of these, but why they don’t have regional pricing is due to VPNs being a thing. I believe R3E shouldn’t be in that list, but both R3E and me are from Sweden and it costs about the same as other games. It would be worth it even more if that game had a newer graphics engine (IMO).

• Like Like x 1
  9. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are we getting a sim racing game with NFTs? I know there were rumours that Rennsport would implement that but one of the co-founders made clear that it's not true.
    RENNSPORT sim’s digital ownership “not an NFT”

Not sure if there's another game on the horizon that will have NFTs, though.

10. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

"I believe real digital ownership is the future. All stakeholders own their rights. This content will then be worth something."

They don't call it NFT, but it looks like NFT.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

It will be worth something until it is no longer supported in any game, then you have a bunch of useless ones and zeros. XD

• Like Like x 1
  12. FS7

For me in Brazil earning in BR$ R3E is very expensive (R$510.55 for all content, while generally other games + DLC generally cost between R$200-300), buying only some of the content is even more expensive, and there's also the issue of the game being online-only even for single player races against AI or just practicing by myself.
    I've tried R3E during free weekend and it's a very good game imo, for people who can afford it and don't mind the always-online requirement it's a nice game to get.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Racinglegend1234

I understand that certain people might not be be able to afford buying all dlc for all games. My question is if Steam has variable prices depending on region? I only know Epic games has a Swedish store which is usually cheaper than steam.

14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-10-10_16-24-59.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Vietnamese dong? lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. FS7

Steam has regional pricing but it's up to the game developer/publisher if they implement it or not. Most Steam games have regional pricing, but a few publishers like EA don't implement it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That tells you all that you need to know about EA...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget the Costa Rican... Colon ^^

(It's good to be twelve :))

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

I understand. R3E maybe don’t implement it because they are small and the cost of living here in Sweden is quite high

20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yea, but Sweden is a paradise. I loved every single bit of Stockholm when I went there.

Nordic countries are the closest thing humanity has to perfection. If I were to change only one thing, I would add northeast brazilian beaches to them.

• Like Like x 2