Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Metamoro and duratec P4
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: No engine sounds for multiple users in my discord. MCR works fine.
    Steps to reproduce: totally random but consistent it seems. Verify files does not fix it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Super V8
    Applicable Settings: settings seems irrelevant as I run everything on max.
    Report: When using the monitor to focus on a specific car a chrome livery loses it's chrome.
    Steps to reproduce: Created a completely blank livery in chrome and focus on another car as well as it.

Here's some screenshots to show what I mean.

These 2 cars use the same RGB values on the livery, fresnel and spec maps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No matter which car is in focus it still does this..

Here's the clean chrome car in focus
    20221013152713_1.jpg
    Here's the same car when focussed on another car.
    20221013152651_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal (again)
    Car Used: Corvette C8
    Applicable Settings: TT Mode
    Report: It's possible to start the lap in the pitlane, not abide by the pitlane speed limit, and completely miss the first corner entirely. I wondered why I was ~2.8 seconds down in the first sector so loaded up a ghost and noticed the it starting from the pitlane.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive through the pitlane at the start of a TT lap to miss the first corner and come out for turn 2.

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai GP
    Car Used: GTE Porsche
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer game. Opponent cars allowed as same car.
    Report: Friend stuck on same car selection after new lobby created with same class setting activated.
    Steps to reproduce: Lobby, where opponent cars allowed as same car. When exiting lobby, I changed a setting: allowed same class instead of same car. Then created a new lobby with the same name and when a friend from the previously ended session joined he was not allowed to select another car. He was still locked to GTE Porsche. When I changed my car to Corvette GTE and went to the lobby scree, he was still stuck on GTE Porsche only. When I selected another car group, confirmed that, went back to lobby screen and then back again to car selection screen I changed back to GTE class and then my friend was able to select among all the three GTE cars.

5. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos 2020
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen3 (All Models)
    Applicable Settings: Real Historic Weather - March 24th, 1991 - 14:00
    Report: Not all AI pit for Wets when the track is fully wet, stays out one more lap on slicks
    Steps to reproduce: Use the above Historic Weather settings, and run about 7 laps, there should be rain and some AI should immediately pit when they get the chance, the remaining AI cars stay out on slicks - despite the track being fully wet.

--Second Bug Report--
    Track & Layout Used: Interlagos 2020
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen3 (All Models)
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Backfire audio on the replay aren't localized to the cars, backfire audio occurs "globally" on the nearest trackside cameras
    Steps to reproduce: Not sure if applicable to any track, but run a short race, save the replay (unsure if this occurs in the "view replay" mode), and then go back to view the replay, the backfire should be the most prominent audio.

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Custom Grid does not work properly all the time.
    Example:
    Race at Fontana, Multiclass, 2 classes, DPI and P1.
    I was driving a P1.
    Full grid, 31 AI.
    Custom Grid settings: 17 DPI, 14 P1.
    In race, game loads 16 DPI and 15 P1 opponents.
    Reloaded race, then grid was correct (17,14).
    Next time, game once again loaded 16 DPI and 15 P1.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  7. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Pit stop times not aligned between AI and player in some categories as Mini Cooper.
    Tyre wear is not realistic in some tracks and in some car categories. For example in Formula ultimate gen 2

8. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
    Car Used: F-USA Gen 2 Reynard 98i Honda (TARGET livery)
    Applicable Settings: Online Lobby and TT Mode (so far)
    Report: The car shows as normal during car choice and loading screens, but once loaded into the sim, becomes unliveried. See pics.
    Steps to reproduce: Load up a session with this car and livery (possibly at any track, in any mode). 20221023183414_1.jpg 20221023183423_1.jpg

9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Totally not Suzuka, Suzuka (Whatever you guys called it.)
    Car Used: Formula Retro Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Skill 90, Aggression Max
    Report: Cars seem to be suffering the same tire oddness of the Formula V12,

Also the driver's hand smashes through the cockpit of the Generic "Shadow like" car when changing gear.

20221024122217_2.jpg

Also, also all the AI cars are stll cutting turn 1 at the race start and driving through the grass. They will take you out to do so.

Steps to reproduce:
    Drive a Forrmula Retro Gen 2 at Suzuka in the TV camera or otherwise.

10. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

bmw m8 gte

using default custom ffb setting that ships with game and the ffb clips at about 40% of it's max output strength, feeling goes numb when it happens

heres a video on the telemetry screen to show it

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: None
    Car Used: Old Stock. (Modernized Opala)
    Applicable Settings: Skill 90, Aggression Max
    Report: Cluch not engaging fully and tires are completely lacking grip. Feels like I'm driving in the rain, in slow motion with a elephant on the hood.

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Old stock, formula trainers and fv10-g1 have known issues

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used: spa 2022
    Car Used:Open GT
    Report: the Infamous bug about continue Button that does nothing... Following what I noticed
    After qual impossible to go to race ( I wasn t the host). From my box I was seeing a car on pitstop position ( not On box as Everyone else) the car was kind of two images jittering above each others . From Time to Time it appeared very briefly on the empty box on my left then back on pitstop position shaking as explained. This occured until the player left ( car dissapears). At one point As Everyone was leaving the session one by one I became the host. Continue button was red and doing nothing as usual un this case . I noticed then all cars had ON TRACK as status.
    Steps to reproduce: I don't know.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used:Bathurst
    Car Used:any
    Report: during race when pitstop is.required the guy with the stop sign is actually sitting on the track. If multiple car enter to pit multiple guys appears on the track at the pit box position.
    Steps to reproduce: race on VR, on the track beside the stands and and Wait Someone enter the pit for a stop during race. Happens on every race

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Report: It is possible to "teleport" to AI cars during a race by using the replay feature
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. enter instant replay
    2. click on AI driver in the opponents list to switch focus to the other car
    3. optionally change camera to the one you want to see when resuming the race
    4. use the photo camera button to enter photo mode
    5. just exit photo mode again
    6. resume race and "remote" control your own car while seeing the HUD and view of the AI driver

This is no one time thing , it can be several times with different casr and it is also possible to get back to your own car.
    I expect resuming the race should always revert the player to the own car , otherwise its a nice "feature" :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

I (and many others) are experiencing game freezes and rebooting issues. When it happens it’s within the first 1/2 lap of racing, on or offline. I did some testing with PC2 and it does the same thing; so I believe it is something with NVidea GPU and the Madness Engine. I can drive ACC, NASCAR racing 2003, AC with zero issues.

17. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: F-USA Gen2 but I think it's with any
    Applicable Settings: damage level medium in multiplayer
    Report: When hosting a multiplayer session choosing medium damage when creating the lobby results in low damage being displayed for session settings and low damage being used for the event. Changing damage to medium with the lobby open also results in low damage for the session settings and for the event.
    The host can choose high and that will display medium in the session settings and use medium for the event.

18. trillbo

trillbo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Apologies if it's already been talked about, but what's the story with the Formula Trainer? Feel like I'm constantly countersteering when driving it. The back just constantly wants to come around. Wasn't like that a few releases ago. Is it supposed to feel like that?

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Trainers will be revised. They obviously suffer some issues :)

20. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1970
    Car Used: Group A Mercedes but I think it's with any that has factory TC or ABS
    Applicable Settings: Realistic driving aids on
    Report: The long standing bug whereby driving aids disappear at any given moment both in SP and MP has not completely been fixed by the latest RC.I have been able to reproduce it in TT mode too.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022