1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. hb22

hb22 Member

Hi does anyone know if there is a guide to using the Edit HUD function in VR? I am trying to add a virtual rear view mirror to my "minimal" HUD (not realistic but to help avoid collisions in multiplayer), but when I click the empty box on the Edit HUD page nothing happens :confused:

2. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Could be because of the missaligned zone. This hud editor is full of bug. The mouse pointer is not aligned Properly with the background so you don t really Click where you think you are

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Yes, just click on the rear view mirror hud box when you are editing the hud in the cockpit of the car. Click on it until it says Full (not minimal). Then just drag and drop it around to where you want it placed. It's pretty easy.

4. hb22

hb22 Member

Yes, it doesn't seem to register the click. Are there any tips or workarounds for this?

5. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Not I m Aware about... But I would be happy as well if Someone have it

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  6. DaWorstPlaya

Are you using a Oculus Rift-S VR headset? If so that is a known issue due to resolution difference between that headset and the monitor. One work around is to plug in an Xbox game controller into your PC, then you can supposedly select and move those elements around.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Leftfoot

Leftfoot New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have done the controller trick, and it worked great, but I haven't tried recently. If I recall correctly, after using the controller to move around hud elements for a second, it actually made the mouse work perfectly for moving the hud elements.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hb22

hb22 Member

Hi guys as update I changed settings to 1920*1080 Windowed mode. Then I restarted the game, and after that the HUD editor works perfectly in VR !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Is this settings make your Windows matching your Helmet résolution?

10. hb22

hb22 Member

No, my headset resolution is much higher

11. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

IINM and you are using VR then those settings are for the monitor itself not the headset. AC had a similar thing to this.

12. sillib

sillib New Member

It means...
    Just me!!

13. DaWorstPlaya

Yep that is the other known fix for the Rift-S resolution mismatch issue.

14. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Can any of you knowledgeable people point me in the right direction? Thinking of updating from my Rift S and for a time thinking of a Vive Pro 2, but love the ease of the inside-out tracking of the rift... Hows is the G2 for those of you who have it? What would be your next VR headset upgrade?

Game runs great on the Rift S but want a better quality image now that I'm convinced of only driving in VR these days

15. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I went from a rift to a G2.

Image point of view the G2 is honestly amazing but is come with a Prize. You need a big GPU to Enjoy the full résolution. Now I have a 4090 the image is absoluty great with all option to ultra but MSAA to medium I running at 60% GPU on barthust ( Day, Light cloud).
    With my 1080ti the G2 was still a Nice upgrade from the rift even with the reduced résolution to match my 1080ti perf

The pro is the system is full stand alone.( No base) one HDMI and one USB3 that s it !! but is also a cons. I have often to recenter the view ( not during gameplay, at game start).
    With my rift after the setup never had to Do it.

However recently I was wondering about the valve index which have a lower résolution but a Higher FPS ( 120 vs 90). I ve always feel the speed is less with VR than flat displays and think it is because of refresh rate.
    The good think about the G2 is the Price and There is some rebate for now on it.

For simracing only, the G2 is to be considered. For any other use or mixed use I would more recommand the valve index.
    G2 generate more heat than my rift, easy to put ( on my taste) but I ve Read the valve is easier

Dunno about the vive pro 2

• Like Like x 1
  16. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the great response! Yeah I read someone else say if you’re going to use it purely for sim racing then it’s a really good purchase, and you have a point about the index and the frame rate. With my rift s I can last for a good few hours in VR and I mostly put it down to keeping my frames as high as I can which I’m able to because of the relatively small screen size compared, while still having most settings maxed out with my 3070, just the pixilated distance is getting to me these days.

wish I could find stores to try out options before I inevitably impulse buy something in the middle of the night

17. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Could you please send a link or tell the exact name of the mod. Also your settings in the mod would be nice.

I also got the problem that I can not get any FSR mod to work with AMS2. Perhaps someone can post a step-by-step for dummies...

With Dirt 2.0 and ACC I have no problems but with AMS2 it is jut not working for me in any way. I tried OpenVR_FSR_1.1.zip with the files fsr_easu.cso, fsr_rcas.cso, openvr_api.dll, openvr_mod.cfg in it. Also vrperfkit_v0.3 and openvr_fsr_v2.1.1. Nothing seems to work. And the links in the thread FSR for Open FSR are not working anymore.

I read the whole afternoon around the web and here and it is a complete mystery to me how to get any kind of FSR working with AMS2.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

FSR working via Opencomposite + OpenXR Toolkit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps you can help me then with that.
    I found this thread here in forum: OpenComposite OpenXR
    There Nuscorpii postet a link for OpenComposite OpenXR. It is this one: Files · openxr · Campbell Suter (ZNix) / OpenComposite · GitLab
    What I understand so far is that for a per game installation I should only download the right (x64) open_vr.dll and place it in the AMS2 Steam folder. Right?
    "Per-game installation
    Download the DLLs: 32-bit 64-bit

These come from AppVeyor - whenever I push some new code, it will be compiled and uploaded to those links automatically.

Find your game's openvr_api.dll file, and replace it (though I highly recommend keeping a copy of the old file if you want to switch back) with one of the DLLs available above. Be sure to get the matching platform - if the game is a 32-bit game you need the 32-bit DLL, even though you're probably running a 64-bit computer. Simple solution: if one doesn't work, try the other."

But then when it comes to install a FSR mod like this one, Release Image Upscaling via FSR or NIS for SteamVR games v2.1.1 · fholger/openvr_fsr, I have to put again an openvr_api.dll file in the AMS2 Steam folder. Which would overwrite the former one. So I don´t get how to make this work.

20. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

You only need Open Composite and OpenXR toolkit. Then you can access the Open XR toolkit menu in-game, where you'll find settings for fsr and much more.
    Edit: Instructions and links here Quickstart

• Like Like x 1