1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Certainly should not need the clutch on sequential cars apart from the start.

Some cars with sequential gearboxes do not auto blip or dip the accelerator, so you will need to do this as you change gear.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's the C8.R we have in AMS2 :)

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You need to blip for downshifts (no autoblip for these cars). Upshifts have auto-cutoff there you can stand on the throttle.

You don't need to heel&toe for GT1. It could actually preserve gearbox life if executed correctly but it's not really worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Ok cool, thank you very much :)

5. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

Cant really confirm this. M8 and C8 feel basically same strength on my Podium DD2 setup with both set to a FFB strength of 58 on the wheel with the same in game FFB settings.
    So please dont change anything, they both feel great and perfectly fine as they are now.

6. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

If you Alt+Tab often just play on Borderless Windowed, most games don't deal with Alt Tabbing very well, AMS included. Borderless Windowed should fix your problem, it fixed mine anyways. Happens to me in most games as well, so definitely a thing to keep in mind :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I was referring to the difference in steering weight between the C8 and C7 in RF2, the C8 is much lighter in that sim aswell

8. BlkJello

BlkJello New Member AMS2 Club Member

Firmware update??

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Yes it works in the logitech driver[/QUOTE]
    In controls/edit assignment/motion/can you make key bindings to clutch and throttle? Try this first then recalibrate the pedales.
    Another hint: do you have set the pedales seperate or combined in the driver?

10. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

In controls/edit assignment/motion/can you make key bindings to clutch and throttle? Try this first then recalibrate the pedales.
    Another hint: do you have set the pedales seperate or combined in the driver?[/QUOTE]

The pedals are separate, I've already recalibrated about 5x, and associated the buttons. The clutch and throttle don't seem to work. Being that when I look in the Dash, Logitech App, and in the Game to recalibrate, it works normal, but when it's to leave the pits the accelerator and clutch don't work.

When I take the Update back or normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

The pedals are separate, I've already recalibrated about 5x, and associated the buttons. The clutch and throttle don't seem to work. Being that when I look in the Dash, Logitech App, and in the Game to recalibrate, it works normal, but when it's to leave the pits the accelerator and clutch don't work.

When I take the Update back or normal.[/QUOTE]
    You can rename your folder in Documents to "Automobilista 2_old" and start new from scratch to see if this works,if not you can switch back to previous folder.
    Have you set clutch to auto in game? Try this first.
    Something is disarranged.
    Otherwise i'm out of ideas.

12. Iuri_Rein

yes automatic clutch

13. Dady Cairo

Delete or rename the AMS2 folder under Documents and start from scratch.
    The game creates a new fresh clean folder.
    You then have to set up the game again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Yes that's my wheel and yes, in PC mode I can navigate through menus with the thumb stick and push it to select, also I can open the game menu by pressing the "tool" button on my wheel even going back by pressing A button (look at the image below), but there is extra functionality I only get in compatibility mode (CSW 2.5) that in PC mode I can't find and that is the navigation through menu sub categories by pressing the shifter paddles and a kind of fast quit session option by pressing the Y button.
    Unlike PC mode, In compatibility mode I can play and navigate the whole game without touching the mouse or keyboard at all.
    Is there a way to add this funtionality to PC mode?
    CSW WHEEL AMS 2 MENU NAVIGATION.jpg

15. Iuri_Rein

Thank you very much, it really helped a lot, SOLVED THE PROBLEM

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dady Cairo

Glad to help you,mate!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. All 'up to date' according to the Fanatec app, and has only started happening again with the current RC. I had this issue a few times maybe a year and a half ago then it disappeared until yesterday. Has only ever happened with AMS2, but given I barely play any other game that's not strong evidence of a game issue - could just as easily be on the Fanatec side, though if so why has it suddenly started happening when nothing has been updated except AMS2.....

EDIT: Just happened in time trial, Porsche GT3 at Hockenheim, just as I started turning in for T2. No contact whatsoever, so whatever it is, it isn't impact related....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  18. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

It was already mentioned here, but maybe the steering wheel angle / sensitivity for rental karts needs to be addressed for Logitech wheels, as as it stands is overly sensitive to the point of undriveable . It’s almost impossible to not spin on tight corners. Will someone check this? Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep happy to read that too, apparently they're keeping the F-USA 2022 at the latest game standard, still hoping/knowing that the license is coming around and the car can be released in the game

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

I don't know exactly what is going on with the Super V8's but they are uncontrollable on ovals, almost feels like the FFB is reversed, minimal wheel input and you start spinning.

• Agree Agree x 1