1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just want to say I'm still holding my breath until all the single seaters from the Brazilian Grand Prix Legends pack come out. I think this pack will add a huge amount of additional legitimacy to the whole Formula 1 experience through the Formula 1 late retro and the entire classic era and raise the Formula 1 experience, which appears as one of the central focus of the simulator, to a complete new level. If I was Reiza (and I'm not), I would try to get that out the door as early as possible. There's nothing like being able to present the best experience possible of the McLaren, Brabham and possibly Lotus brands through the years. I'm a bit surprised actually that this isn't one of the first packs out the door.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rafael E. Martín Candial

Rafael E. Martín Candial New Member AMS2 Club Member

I miss the Le Mans and Sebring circuits as well as Ferrari cars.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

what other cars ?
    I thought there was a massive amount & choice already

if any thing I thought some historic f3’s

4. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Today I finally tested the RC. I was expecting the GTP, I should read better :p

Old spa is cool. I love how we have this kind of historic content in a developer's quality. I love it. The atmosphere in this kind of track is so refreshing, the grass, the flowers, the countryside, the flat throttle.. Racing was really different at those times, so it feels as a different experience in the sim.

I also tested a race with FUSA Gen1 at Fontana. AI behaviour is WAY better now. No inconsistent pace (they used to brake too much in a couple of corners), not so much pack racing. Still the IA has the "AMS2 usual pecualiarities" (side by side racing for no reason), but it is really good.
    I have not tested how is the tire falloff with respect to human users, and how they behave when pitting. I'll run a longer race later, but if those things are reasonable, my God you are getting this right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

A McLaren MP4/6 and MP4/4 have been teased since the pre-release trailer back in 2020, and a Brabham BT52 was shown alongside the McLaren and generic cars when the Formula Retro G3 was introduced I believe last year
    Reiza have also been saying they plan on making a Brazilian Grand Prix Legends pack at some point in the sim's lifespan and considering the McLarens and the Brabham belong to Brazilian champions it's generally believed that the cars in question are being held off until that comes out

6. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I went on the internet, and I found this!

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Still haven't managed a clean lap around the old Spa in the vintage F1s... Maybe I should turn damage off... o_O

The 2022 F1 cars just have so much grip it's insane... Flat out near 100% of the lap... 3 slight braking points outside of Malmedy, Eau Rouge and La Source... o_O

Love the attention to detail in the historic Spa circuit... Cannot wait to try the no chicane version... Masta is a little tricky atm with the vintage and classic cars, having them at top speed just before entry will make a lot of difference...

That fencing on the inside of the right part of the kink has always been a scare as long as the model of the track was well done... For some reason it seems to stick out more in this version... :whistle:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  8. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

It's early days, and there's a lot of cosmetic work to be done before I'd call it the best historic Spa ever, but...Wow, I love it. My favourite track in the game so far. It's so satisfyingly fast. And I LOVE that chicane!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Soon...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Recommend BT44 #1418, Lotus 79, then back in time to the 49. (damage visual for first 100 miles 15 robots agg max)

Yep:D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Thanks for the reply! I will probably leave it for now.

12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can see why they didn't. Getting the physics right before doing a headline car pack was the right way to go.

The reception for those iconic cars would be much better now than 1 year ago.

13. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Been playing iRacing too much? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

10/10 braking technique. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

John Frankenheimer, Grand Prix.

16. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m not sure what’s more amazing: the fact that they used to race this track or the fact they got a camera on the front of that car! Ye olde Go Pro no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it's from the film not real racing

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Onboard film shots at Spa and Monaco were done with a camera car in real GP environment afaik.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

out of curiosity has there been any news on the off road and extreme stuff mentioned in the season pass yet?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Not to my knowledge, but hoping it will arrive. If you can’t wait, WRC generations will be released on Thursday