1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

That’s always sounded like a high-risk plan. I’ve never encountered a racing sim that’s got both right in one package. It’s hard enough with one!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do we know when IMS is coming?

3. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Maybe a controversial opinion, but I think there are more than enough open wheelers in the game at this point. If anything, there are more than enough high powered cars in the sim at this point.

DTM, M1 Pro, Mini JCW cars are my favourite in the sim.

In fact I bought and tried RF2 BTCC cars recently (somewhat poignantly because of the LFM support) and they are a delight. More cars in the DTM/BTCC style would get my vote.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 2
  4. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

There’s a massive amount of cars in AMS2
    Even if the amount suddenly doubled there would still be people asking for cars that are not in the sim

imo big big emphasis should be on improving existing cars & some are in real need
    ( others feel great already of course )

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Touring cars are great, the Copa Montana and Sprint Cars are very good as well, love how connected they feel to the road.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. MrX

MrX Active Member

Dear Reiza, can you do something about the input of wheels and pendals.. this seems to be a bug for a long time.

I've been working on the pre release for 4 hours now to get my setup working the last time I played it in may this year and then everything worked god

previous build seems to work it's very frustrating this should work anyway have remade user profile and everything but still not working

Heusinkveld and
    DD1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree, it lacks modern touring cars such as BTCC, TCR, Turismo Nacional, Super Tourisme 2000 or even Mercedes Benz Challenge.
    And to those who think that the number of cars is enough, maybe they are fans of open wheels and only see their own interest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Sprint Cars external sound needs to be fixed :p

9. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Wet racing is great now......No more ice-racing :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

the vette c8r replay sounds are also messed up or did they fixed that in this build?

11. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I don’t know how long Reiza plan to continue with AMS2 but the tracks and cars (or content, if you prefer) would seem to be the most obvious way of continuing the life of the game beyond its current roadmap. Particularly as it’s unlikely they could ever fully satisfy everyone’s desire for a particular track, car or series.

I have to say though that developing and improving the multiplayer aspect alongside any specific peculiarities would seem to be a way of taking a big step towards expanding the reach of the game far beyond its current grasp.

This comment comes from someone who openly admits to being overjoyed at the inclusion of the historic Spa, the upcoming historic Nurburgring and the idea of a BTCC series….poor Reiza, they stand no chance with us lot.:whistle::D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

with the physics maturing to a good state like now they could spend the next 2 years (season pass 2) concentrating mostly on content and mp, fleshing out the current classes with more cars would also be nice

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What happend to VR-Modus? In the official Automobilista 2 game there is no HUD in the VR-Glasses! On the screen the HUD appears and I can also switch through, but the position is wrong. In the Beta-Version there is HUD in the VR-Glasses like I´m used to, but on the screen they were wrong positioned. Any explenations and solutions?

14. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Physics and FFB of RX in PCars2 was a blast! Much better than any other offroad/rallye stuff out there (except RBR ofcourse).

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using VR (Pimax 5k+ using PiTool and SteamVR runtimes) and have never experienced the problem that you describe. What VR headset and runtime(s) are you using?

16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Then delete or rename your Automobilista 2 folder under Documents and start from scratch!
    Many new profiles reworked in V 1.4.3
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure enough,70s SPA is Veeeerry dangerous:eek:
    020.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

There are definitely some classes that are lacking a few extra cars. I’m one of the worlds least techie people though and I’ve no idea quite how long it takes to produce a ‘realistic’ car model…or how long it takes to make a decent mp experience from the PC2 code. I’m not a league racer (currently) but I miss the explosion of mp races that we had when the ranking system first came out - now most lobbies have ranking switched off and they’re relatively quiet again (though I rarely get a chance to race in the evenings or weekends, so my experience is skewed by that fact.)

Thank goodness I can just plough around Spa in everything from a cart to a truck ….for now at least!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. MrX

MrX Active Member

I've already tried that a few times, what do you mean by renaming it actually only happens when I enable the beta version in steam the official release just works

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

RC build 2189 now live:
    • Added Spa 1970 Layout without Malmedy Chicane
    • Fixed bugs causing Low Downforce variants of GT1 & Group C to crash
    • Fixed incorrect order of Combined/Separated Fanatec DD profiles; Added Logitech G PRO, G923 profiles; Added Generic Direct Drive profile
    • Super V8: adjusted oval tire tread
    • Corvette C3: Revised torque curve for slightly less torque at same peak power
    • F-Vintage (both gens): Reduced AI tire rolling resistance for more balanced top speeds vs player
    • F-Trainer Basic: AI calibration pass
    • F-Classic Gen3: Adjusted AI tire wear rate
    • Implemented new logic to make the AI lift off the throttle on curves due to dirty air. This logic helps preventing the AI from running in insane packs in oval tracks for example
    • Increased the tendency for the AI to follow the lane of the car ahead when it is trying to draft
    • Fixed one case where the AI wouldnt make a mandatory pits resulting in DQ
    • Spa 1970: Various art updates; Added more buildings; LOD adjustments to brake marker signs

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1