1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

^ A Mini overtaking an M1 on the outside through Eau Rouge? Cheeky!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sneaky sneaky... both brands that wouldn't appear if they didn't have a license?

3. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Ford already appears on the engine covers of the Ford-Cosworth powered F-USA cars, which was the first place it showed up

4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a difference between the RC and the "normal" beta?

5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are different builds. Recently, the RC has been ahead of the Beta due to the hotfixes, but I think right now they are equivalent. Please ask follow-up questions in the Backer forum, so that readers aren't confused by beta discussions ;)

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

RC has a higher likelyhood for being up-to-date right now but i think, right now they're identical builds.

But usually both games will be updated to same state.

You can see the build and version number on the main menu. (Generic Example: When beta is v1.0.0.0.0000 and Main v1.0.0.0.0001, they're very likely identical...they're built one after another)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At 80% skill and over, the ai adjust their setups, this includes gearing. I've witnessed them do this. Maybe this is the reason

8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem was the game wouldn't let me adjust my gearing and it was all stuck a 1/1 gear ratio until I went into test day. Fixed now

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

*greyed out text was wrong. I was going off of limited info when writing.

Looking back, Brands really hasn't changed that much over it's history. Curbs, barriers and signage are really the only difference from how the GP was in the 70's. It would be cool to have a different version aesthetically, but the racing would be pretty similar.
    Watkins is effectively the same as the non-chicane version, but with an earlier "chicane" (effectively flat). With all of the recent changes to corners like Eau Rouge, it's surprising that the barriers on the Esses haven't been widened.

Historic Monaco, Laguna, or Riverside would be amazing, though I would hope we would get more period correct cars. The vintage tourers could use some more cars to expand the field.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  10. thegreatradish

thegreatradish New Member

Definitely! Some more models to broaden what's available with F-Vintage Gen 1 and a few more classic tracks and there's GPL2 right there. It's a really enticing thought, I hope we get there some day.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Id take an older Laguna Seca without the fancy new corners.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yep had same yesterday (spa 70 ) however having driven half lap then returned to pit and setup . the ratios returned as in @CrimsonEminence image. then ran the porker faster and more competitive,
    forget top speed but will confirm
    Edit (probably more in it 163mph + pork.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

This is incorrect, take a closer look.
    T1 (Paddock Hill) was reprofiled in 1976 and made more gradual, where before it was a fast entry leading into a slower corner than what is there today.
    In 1988, a chicane was introduced at Dingle Dell, and the Westfield Bend was tightened significantly.
    In 1999, T3 (Graham Hill Bend) was made much slower when before it was a flowing (almost) full throttle corner. This is the most impactful change to the track and, to this day, I think it's far worse for it.
    In 2003, the run-up to the Dingle Dell Chicane was shortened and it was replaced by the Sheene's corner, which is shorter than Dingle Dell had ever been.

Generally, while the overall character of the track remains, nearly every important corner is different to how it was before, mostly because of runoff considerations.

It's the same for Suzuka by the way, Kansai circuit as it is in AMS2 is not at all how this track was laid out in 1991.

• Informative Informative x 4
  14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Will this horrible behaviour of the AI in training/qualifying ever be adressed?
    The guys block/fight you like crazy on their in- and outlap, doing everything to destroy faster cars lap.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There are two versions of Kansai GP available, one has the layout with longer straight before last chicane, which is more narrow than in the modern variant. The old pit entry would also be there, it is deactivated (blocked with cones), though.

16. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Considering Reiza's history of fixing problems, and their current focus on AI, yes. It's just games are big and complex, and they can't please everyone, you have to focus on certain things otherwise nothing will get done.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do we have news when the update will be officially released?

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok just finished a couple of hours testing them at Spa after reading this and I agree.

What I found was that the cars still have about the same amount of ability when overtaking, but the main difference was the AI (in these cars at least) are alot slower round Spa 2022. Cars here take not so good line, dont use alot of kerb on exit. But again, this is a newer track and probably still needs a bit of calibration with the different class'es, and some adjustment of AIW's/ AI paths, whatever they're called now.

Take them to Spa 2020, much better results, older track, has been revised a few times for different cars and in general, more matured!

Having said that the AI overtaking and drafting is not perfect, probably never will be, but its a massive step up and some of the best A.I. racing ive had in any sim, especially in multiclass

As for this "Additionally, I think you're over turning the wheel for the DPi. You should be able to do 30mins without major wear in them and there sounded like a lot of tyre scrubbing" Yes i was definately over driving the fronts!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I might be mistaken, but I think they were explaining how logic is set up. It says when you enable mandatory pit stops for a timed race in game that the length of the race should be at least 3 laps long to ensure it works properly. If FCY are also enable they advise to add even more length to ensure the logic can be satisfied.

I believe the way the logic is set up is that the mandatory pit stop can only count if you take a pit stop before the last lap. Basically if someone didn't take a pit stop before the last lap they'd be DQed because taking a pit stop on the last lap won't be counted by the game. A good measure to prevent people from gaming the system.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we need the Indianapolis track and the Chevy GTP car in release candidate first.

• Agree Agree x 3