Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now what I'm about to suggest is something that I'd bet good money will never happen. It is an almost impossible task and would take so many resources that it would honestly be something very silly to do.

I would love to peak into a dimension where Reiza tackled the Targa Florio and put the same love passion and dedication as they have with their other historic tracks. It would be something to behold.

This post is more akin to thinking "man it'd be so cool if I woke up next to a million dollars" than anything else. I just wanted to gush about how awesome that theoretical track would be.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So if we get it in AMS 2 prior to 2029, we're good? ;)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  3. MrX

MrX Active Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would also be a nice option for MP on ovals. The current quali system basically makes quali a battle of who can get the best draft/tow and not who is actually the fastest. Allowing individual 2-4 lap quali like what is implemented in iRacing would keep the session much more representative of actual player performance.

And... *cough cough hint hint* such a system could eventually be tweaked to allow a rallycross heat bracket system. (probably not happening, but I can dream)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My bad then, from watching old footage of GP's, I hadn't spotted too many differences. Excellent breakdown of all the changes, I'll tag my old post as unreliable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there now a limit to how many custom skins you can have in the game? I installed a group C Skin pack, and between the 2 cars I have 20 skins, but the game claims in the custom grid that I have 40? Some I'm missing and cannot use?

7. Apex

Apex Active Member

I get the same impression, however, I don't think it has anything to do with physics, but rather the FOV. Jumping from a generic Vin. G2 and into the Lotus, I get this odd sensation of falling backwards, akin to what it's like to sit in a superkart, and my brain tricks me to believe the front wheels must be losing contact as a consequence.

I get used to it after a couple of minutes though, and the fact that I could take the Masta Kink flat in the Lotus but not in the generic cars tells me that there aren't any understeering issues.

8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Different times of Eau Rouge. Is it always the same, hard to say if rebuildings are unknown in depth.
    Beacuse till the 1970s track was narrow so it has had the hardest shape
    1970s
    e6580e9b92a6928293656c41eca2a2ff.jpg
    1990s
    88bel_011.jpg
    2020s
    R.c3986359806ab2003becc6b020ad1505.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Hello, I was wondering what influences engine deterioration? Surely tapping too much in the rpm, maybe it's better to get out of the wake of the car in front to cool down a bit and can changing gear too often contribute to this as well as the fuel mode (low , normal, rich)? For the people who have the answers, thank you :)

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess the crazy weather effects where it starts raining and the track is soaked in a few seconds when using weather progression has not been sorted yet?

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What I like about Spa is that these huge billboards feel more real than the billboards at Interlagos Historic. At Interlagos they are so huge I am feeling I am playing Micro Machines or so

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Was running a Group C/Procar race at Kylami 76 and noticed the Group C AI seem to use different aero packages depending on the driver, is this a bug or is it deliberate (to reflect the fact that not everyone had the same chassis back then)? I took a picture to show it, notice the high downforce 962s in the back compared to the low downforce 962 next to the C9s, which are in both high/low downforce trims too

upload_2022-11-4_13-23-48.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was ranking on?

15. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they said that the low downforce stuff isn't all done yet for the RC, but ought to be corrected for the real release.

16. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Good question .. I think yes. Usually on ranked session the " normal' freeze ( that reiza Working to fix it \o/) or the Shutter doesn t have a lost of controls this is why I was asking for.

17. Apex

Apex Active Member

I've been thinking the same thing about Yahuarcocha 1970-83. There's just something about those old-school daredevil tracks, and I like long tracks because I get the feeling of actually going somewhere.

But I guess the devs could make 6-7 'normal' tracks for each of these monster tracks, and Targa Floria would take as much efforts as an entire Automobilista 3.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Spencer Rockman

Spencer Rockman Spencer AMS2 Club Member

Just like to say I adore this sim - keen to try the RC for Spa but don't want to lose the american tracks. Any idea of when the full version will drop? thanks!

19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You will only lose the ovals temporarily and from what I have heard, IMS and the Chevrolet need to come to RC before official release, but it could be incorrect

20. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

and add in half a dozen Fat Alfie tracks and a few Sergio historic creations and I'd rent my life for those.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1