Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

For an exhilarating (and terrifying) fantasy combo at Spa '70, try this: ss231913.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or try the Ultima GTR Road, which with the right setup will reach even higher speeds and be even more terrifying at Spa '70 :D
    Although, due to the higher downforce and faster acceleration and overall stability, the actual lap times are likely lower in the McLaren.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fortunately, AMS2 has placed a fence so that we, the pancake riders, do not disappear into the ravine if we perspectively misinterpret it

20221105100159_1.jpg

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Wouldn’t it be possible to corner cut to make a sort of speedway layout of Monza? What I mean is go a bit to the right on the straight

5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a barrier. Its a concrete one. Its hard to tell whats what in the picture, but its there and visible.

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On Monza 10k no-chicane, it's currently possible for players to swap to the right lane from the start/finish straight and keep driving on the oval, if that's what you're asking. But the lap won't count. The same goes for several other "forgotten layouts" in AMS2 that are still drivable in Test Drive mode but will lead to invalidated laps and possibly even disqualification (e.g. driving reverse layouts) if you try it in Multiplayer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just va report back from last nights server. No issues with connection drops for anyone.

Deliberately avoided using Fontana or Gateway just incase anyone joined on RC build as I knew they would'nt have the tracks.

Did experience for the first time a total loss of Electronics, i've experienced not being able to turn on or off TC & ABS from incar before but, this time round they would'nt even come on if i turned them on and up to 10 in the setup before going out on track. That was whilst on someone else's server after I'd finished running mine. I had to leave the server and re-join to get them to work again.

Sidenote: GT1's at 1990's Spa, oh what a joy!

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Do have to say, I know this bug is currently being worked on in the RC build, but i also know that its still occuring even in that build. With it not even working in setups, its a really big problem in cars that have electronics so I sincerelly hope it is completely eradicated by the next full release

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Going live again today and will report back any issues i find. I'm humming and harring about wether to risk serving with release candidate build because of crashes with that online, but i hate the electronics dissappearing, so may stay on normal build and use more cars without electronics. Does that sound like a safe bet? Here's the thread for the server details: Tarmac Terrorist LIVE! Live Server Streamed On Youtube!

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The likelyhood of aids disappearing is higher in main build.

The still happening reported losses of TC/ABS after the fix in RC are of a more rare and random nature and appearing due to a different cause that needs to be reproduced. The random nature unfortunately also makes it very hard to reproduce the issue in the first place.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

very strange indeed, hopefully the RC is the full build by next weekend as our first ever (test) league for ams2 starts

12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

My experience is that the incident rate has reduced but there is still occasional glitching and it has happened in SP and TT Modes too.

Did you map TC and ABS on/off button as well as the ones to cycle through steps 1-10? That helped me and since then it hasn´t happened again.Try mapping them to the non default binds as those are also used by free cam so it might be a possible cause.

We really need everyone on the same build to see if tha helps in MP as last night I was racing GT3s with people who obviously had no ABS.

13. Tarmac Terrorist

I absoloutely never use generic game A.I.D.s only authentic, so only on cars that have it. My buttons for ABS & TC (steps 1 to 10) are mapped for the cars that have them but, like i said, the electronics are failing even if you turn the electronics up through car setup before you go out on track.

14. CrimsonEminence

The reason you should have the ingame aid buttons (not the onboard ones, but the ingame ones) mapped is, that you likely can bring them back by cycling through them if the bug appears. (low, high, off and low again and aids re-appear).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok well hope its fixed by full release. I will try and help by reporting any instances of it when i revert back to RC build, but think i'll stick with main build for todays server. I think from what I can remember i've not experienced it in single player (is it happening there to?). What I'll have to do is try joining a few servers in RC build with GT's (that have electronics) and if i experience the bug try and record it on video so you can see the exact circumstance

16. CrimsonEminence

It's an issue that happens in TT and multiplayer.

Like stated, the main build aids have a significantly higher likelyhood of failing than release candidate.

17. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Please do as we recommend -map on and off keys and test that to see if it helps. I had 2 cases of ABS and TC disappearing before I did on the RC and since then never. If the room has realistic aids only enabled then it will not give you them on a Caterham, for instance.

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah thats good to know, Cheers! Does this work even if the server is only set to 'Authentic driving Aids?

19. CrimsonEminence

Yes, it's just a workaround after all but it has a good chance of helping.

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Brilliant! Nice one!