1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

-

2. Justdave

Justdave Member

Are the F-Trainers fixed? All I have heard/read about is Spa.. Cool track. But, are the F-Trainers fixed yet?

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Its in the release notes!

4. Justdave

Justdave Member

Yeah.

5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

You're not worth the bother

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Just hit ignore on the child... Let them cry their tears out in the naughty corner :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That horse maybe a fossil by now, but it's still well worth kicking... ;)

MP needs to be fully optimised and have the endurance functions in it to make full use of all the features within AMS2... Night/Day transition, rain/dry, pit stops and the new advanced damage model all are a waste of time for a 5 lap race around Monza...

Let alone the car and track content that already exists...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember forum users that it is

F70DAA2E-5E7B-4380-99CC-8D44D65C75AD.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Many people does not understand that a RELEASE CANDIDATE build is not a RELEASE build, just WIP. If you pull it, you know this kind of thing can happen. That is the point of a RC.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes absolutely. I was just answering a question someone had previously asked about missing content.

11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20221106150615_1.jpg
    It would be something like this,
    I have to make a lot of compromises, are the colours correct? (I'm colour blind and need hex codes)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

sorry,wrong thread

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  13. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

sorry,wrong thread

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  14. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

we have file link in racedepartment?

15. Pollinflas

Pollinflas New Member AMS2 Club Member

After reading it some weeks ago I've uninstalled. For me some values are before videogames. I was in one of the ruined ACC races, but someone told me what happened in SRS some years ago with him too. And I had enough before it, so... Enjoy the game. No more AMS2 for me in a long time until I forget about this.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

I personally appreciate pretty much everyone's opinions on the forum... To be honest, I do tend to skip over the posts that simply say great job, wonderful, etc. (especially for things that haven't even been made available yet... kinda baffles me how people can say the job is great if they haven't actually experienced/reviewed it yet but to each his own)... Just me, but I use forums to improve my understanding of products and how to get the most out of them... I really appreciate the constructive feedback as a developer myself back in the day truely helpful feedback tends to point out opportunities or concerns and provide clarification/helpful/tips... After seeing Renato's reply to you I was a little disheartened... my understanding is that he is the voice of this sim to the world and to pick out someone's post that is what appears simply as an extended concern of others and single them out made me curious... so I read many more of your posts and could see that you have a passion for this sim and have posted many helpful and constructive things that make me want to fire this sim back up again... it appears, and I'm relatively new to the sim, that there have been many delays (some for a year?) in meeting expectations which is concerning to me but honestly for me, I really just would like to see the core be tightened up (in almost every aspect)... Please, please, please, don't take the Renato guy's suggestion to 'move on to greener pastures'... its folks like you in the forum that provide a good balance and reminder that while this sim is really good in many aspects, it isn't really finished in many... I did see you were a twitch streamer and you seem to put much time into AMS2 and have league races... those are things that any sim can't really be serious without these days IMO... sorry that you were singled out and I hope that folks like you aren't discouraged by these types of reaction as I dream of a day when this sim is what I can't wait to get home and fire up and race with legit passionate folks like yourself... I just don't have the patience with the sim in its current state and end up back on iRacing (really only because its core is tight and consistent, while not anywhere near ideal in some aspects)... I've spent hours and hours and hours testing AI and it's painful... too painful to suggest my friends buy the sim so we can have hosted races with AI that actually race well... but that's just one of my, I guess, 'critical' considerations... There are many folks with requests for clarification on things that many others are curious about and while I wouldn't ever expect the developer to have answers for all of these or even time in many cases to address everyone, it's interesting that they actually do read the forum (which is great) and single out someone in such a negative way (which is the opposite of great)... I guess your post, joining in on the concern of many other's, just happened to be the one that triggered a response to many's concerns about one of their new developers that must have a pretty bad reputation in the sim community?... I wouldn't have taken it personally if I were you until for some reason in addressing many's concerns, they 'personally' suggested you 'move on to greener pastures'... as I just typed that last part, I paused and laughed literally out loud because that seems like something a 'fanboy' would say... again, my understanding is that Renato is spokesman for the company or owner or something like that?... maybe if that's the case he could take the time to get answers to people's questions/concerns with a high degree of compassion for those that seem to actually care about the value of their product... good luck with the sim and hopefully the core will get to a point where I enjoy enough to hope to join a league with folks like yourself... If you happen to read this reply I'd be curious if you race other sims (looks like AMS2 is your main or at least latest one based on what I could find on twitch) and if so, where do you rank this one as far as your ultimate desire for it being your 'go to'...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Renato created Reiza. He’s the owner.
    Jeez. Tears on one thread; appeals for compassion on this. Is someone adding something to the water supply? :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

Assuming (I know that's dangerous... lol) that this is an attempted reply to my post above, thanks for the clarification on Renato's role... great than an owner would be on the forum (unfortunately, just like assuming has it's dangers, an owner being on a forum could have it's too it seems)... Nice that he clarified his company's position on the new guy as it seems many in the sim world seem to have concerns about him... weird that the clarification didn't come as a reply to initial concerns/comments on the forum as a global publish... it came after a series of random community interactions on the subject and was suffixed negatively and personally to a single individual... not even sure if the folks that pointed out the specific concern/consideration would see the clarification coming directly from the owner of the company... I don't even know who the new guy is but am glad to know that the company is aware of his talents and is monitoring his 'professionalism'... Still not sure why concerns of many being addressed by the owner would be in the form of something so personal but again, new to this company I guess... Elon does some things that make folks head spin sometimes too... lol

Didn't follow the second part though so again, maybe my assumption that you were attempting a reply to my post was wrong and just coincidental that it clarified who Renato is... (not sure who's and which of their threads had tears followed by appeals so if that was meant for me it literally meant nothing... sorry, don't know my IQ but it has peaks and valleys if that's even a thing)

'Tears on one thread; appeals for compassion on this. Is someone adding something to the water supply?'

Thanks again for the clarification on Renato... as I mention in my post above, IMO 'helpful feedback tends to point out opportunities or concerns and provide clarification/helpful/tips'...

Heading off to see if anyone has/is streaming the beta updates...

19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

so much nonsens :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

Huh? Which part? The not sure if that was a reply to me, the part where I just realized it's cool the owner is in the forum, the part were it was a weird way to respond from the owner to the customer, the part were I didn't understand tears and appeals or if the reply was even to me, or the part thanking for clarification and heading off to actually load up the game again after quite some time to try out the new changes? Seems like much sense... what was your point... man this is a weird forum... I suggest a guy that seems helpful stick around the forum after seemingly being singled out and your contribution is that? Just got a kick out of your profile says I like liveries... this sim isn't for you then... pretty tough and fairly limited on custom livery options... any clarification or help you could provide a noob with how to simply share liveries in a hosted session or how to make custom suits or helmets... seems like helmets might be something that may too be a complex, yet possible thing for at least single player soon... going to try to catch up on your posts to see your contributions to the community (0-1 so far, but to be fair this is the only post I've seen from you)... I'll start with liveries... I too like them...

We spell similarly.. lol (nonsens => nonsense)

Let me know your review of the beta if you get a chance and haven't posted yet... says your a backer... not sure what that means but I would like to trust your opinion on the beta... you have opinions like all of us I would hope.. like that my thanks, confusion, surprise, and intentions to test the beta were 'nonsens(s) right...