1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Because I just cannot replicate your issue I just ran the opposite... I took the Mini around Jacarepagua 2005 which for me will kill the front right tyre of the Formula Ultimate 2022 on softs or mediums... And that's in the dry due to the long radius left handers...

Test day
    Date default
    Wet track
    4 custom weather changes rain to light rain to overcast to sunny

Not that I can set it but the track temp was 26.4C and the Air was 16.2C...

After 10 laps the hottest the front right got was 97C and that was after heating it up on the grass or just showing no respect to the front tyre through the final corner before the back/oval straight... And would return to around 82-85 down that straight... On a clean lap it was around 93 at it's peak...

The front left got to 83 through turn 1 but no higher...

Given that a formula 1 tyre gets killed on the right front around there in the dry this would be expected behaviour...

I suggest hitting default setup and lowering your preload and clutch diff settings... And training your eyes to need to see more water for it to be wet tyre time because as stated in this thread it often looks wetter than it is because the physics transitions don't match up with the visual ones during transition...

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's all about posting your settings! He's the guy that could help you the most...

I will repeat it here again:

When making a report - stick to objectivity and be as detailed as possible.

Posting wall of texts, mixing up topics in unstructured manner doesn't help the process and makes things very hard to find.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

O.k. very nice this RC for over a week now, but when is this going to full release? Just asking for a few friends who do not like to play as beta besters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

Yesterday I fired Ams 2 after few months absence. I must say Ams 2 have gone really long road of improvements and now it feels like proper sim. Weather effects, night and dat cycles, all that adds up to the immersion and good physics and ffb. One thing that bother me really is the lack of vehicles, to be precise series to race. I know many here will laugh about this comment but Ams 2 really is more open wheeler simulator than other series. What I mean, we want to run GT4 series, there are 5 cars to choose, GT3's are even less, but they are not that important becouse all sims on the market have them. We need something like 2015 DTM's, BMW 235i, Audi TT Cup car, more GTE's, WTCC or BTCC cars. Ams have great amount of cars but I am really not into brasilian series like Fusca and other stuff we have, I do like the Stock series a lot and actually this is what I miss the most for other series, proper series to race!
    Reiza keep up the good work becouse this is proper modern sim and only one in the market!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. CrimsonEminence

There is an option to revert to main AMS2 branch for the time being. You're not forced into testing the unfinished build of course.

The update will release when it's done. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just trying to inject a bit of humour into my gripe, you know what im like!

Anyway if you really want them Fanatec CSW 2.5 settings are:
    Sensitivity= Auto
    FF= 100
    Drift mode= -01
    FEI 100
    Force= 100
    Spring= off
    Damper= off
    BLI= off
    Shock= off
    Brf= 40

In Game FFB settings
    Type= Default
    Gain= 22
    Low Force Boost= 3
    FX= 0
    Damping= 0
    Menu Spring= 0

Configuration
    Steering Deadzone= 0
    Steering Sensitivity= 50

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

whos eyes?.png ?who

y

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  8. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The weather effects are fine in my opinion(super accelerated bug notwithstanding) , the issue is the transitions and visual representation of the weather. Example being the light rain which looks more like "normal" not light rain, which confuses because you are doin lap after lap and the track stays dry. I mean, in a light rain the rain drops are barely visible, but in the game they are pretty big. Maybe I am nitpicking but its a little confusing in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

I've just tried out your race senario first with minis and Lotus, then just a full field of Lotus at 85% as you did.
    I have to say im very pleased they are competative at this level, means they've got a long life, as you can keep getting better at the track, the car, the setup until you are alien fast and keep turning the a.I. up as theres a big 35% more you can turn them up by. Some cars in the game you can keep up with at 120% without any practice, so don't even bother getting good at that car, track, setup as they will just be no competition at all for you and have a very short life.

I was able to keep up and overtake (having never tried or practiced this combo) with no problems, but i think i may have identified the problems you faced. At 80% or above skill the A.I. uses their own setups, this includes gear ratio's. What i found was first go (on default) they were quicker off the line and out of corners, and i was finding it very easy to lock up under braking.
    Seems they are using a higher gear ratio, so I increased my final gear ratio by one click BINGO! Now matching their acceleration. Also I lowered the brake pressure to about 75% and also the brake bias on default is way too far to the front so the fronts just lock all the time, so I changed the barke bias from 60 at the front to 52. Problem solved!! So much better, can brake behind the A.I. into a corner and not tap their backs!

I also have to say thankyou! As i've never tried this combo before and I really like it!

On the subject of weather, i've seen roads become flooded with rain in much less than an hour let alone a couple of days. It also depends on the track you are at as AMS2 has working drainage and its different for every track. The older tracks have much worse drainage than newer tracks and puddles will build up more at these. Also, regaurding the weather transitions, did you have sync to race on? Weather will change much faster with this turned on.

You've reminded me of an interesting point about the time acceleration. I was under the impression time acceleration only effected the day to night transition, does anyone know if it also effects the live track, as in rubber build up? I did'nt think it did?

10. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah yes, I do know what you mean! I've been second guessing myself because I did'nt want to believe it but i've noticed theres something a bit off with the FFB (apart from the lock thing even). I love the FFB in AMS2 but i've always found it sluggish compared to say RF2 or ACC, AC. And also it feels like if i have to counter steer im overcounter steering (more than i should have to), like your still countersteering a split second after all the wheels have come into alignment. I don't even think its a physics issue i think it FFB latency maybe but i could very well be wrong (i slipped on my own tears, died, and am now working as a ghost to pay for the funeral FFS so im all sorts of wrong!).
    This is one area of the sim that if tweeked could really improve the feel. In some cars I often think, this, but with RF2 FFB speed and feel, would be fecking awsome! Then again RF2 has the fastest FFB hz rate out of all the sims!

Does anyone know what Hz rate the steering opperates at in AMS2??

11. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

600hz i believe.

iRacing - 60 Hz
    rFactor 2 - 400 Hz
    Assetto Corsa - 333 Hz
    Assetto Corsa Competizione - 400 Hz

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Hmm, well that's higher than alot of them ACC isn't that high. Maybe it's a built in G Force effect then causing that feeling

13. CrimsonEminence

600 Hz

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

A belt driven base always dampens the FFB. Higher frequency could not help you.

15. Tarmac Terrorist

Cheers good to know, thats pretty high!

16. Tarmac Terrorist

I know that mate but thats not the point. The FFB in AMS2 feels more sluggish on my wheel compared to RF2, AC & ACC. So yes it AMS2 would feel better on a DD but would still be sluggish on compared to those sims on the same DD.

17. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC is also 400 Hz.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Cannot confirm this.
    AMS2 FFB does not feel less sharp than for example ACC FFB.

19. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

my bad, thx for the correction

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Iracing... LOL...