1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Unlikely, imo, as well as other elements also simulated.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In fact when you damage your car at the wrong place you can cause engine damage by insufficient cooling. I wouldn't go so far to say, that it's the jiggle pin. :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

The Shared Memory version reported by the game is now 13.

Is it possible to share the new SharedMemory.h files (or list of changes) before the release?

Cheers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

was kind of, but not a trick Q.
    The pins primary function aside from assisting in bleeding air when filling,
    is to allow the small but continued circulation of coolant as it cools/warms, when the thermostat is fully closed. This prevents the hoses collapsing with the contraction of liquid/coolant.
    ans to my q is no.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Weight in a car in real life counts for almost nothing in the top speed. Top speed is all about resistance (rolling and aero) vs engine power, more or less weight influence just a very little tad rolling resistance (which is already a very little tad compared to aero) but otherwise it only impacts acceleration, not top speed provided the straight is long enough.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now thats very cool, did'nt know it did that, brilliant!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are wheels falling off / coming loose after damage, a new thing? I'm sure I've not noticed this happen before.

My last race, I got bumped into a wall. I proceeded to drive off with some body and suspension damage only to have my wheel fall off at the next corner.

This is great, but is it possible to get some indication that this is about to happen, either through the FFB or through Crewchief?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

It's relatively new yes. In general - when you crash your suspension over 25% you should really consider coming into the pits because load on the system can cause it to disassemble in undesired manner. There is no indicator for it, because it's a gamble after all if it happens or not, but the likelyhood for terminal damage increases with induced damage (that you see in HUD)

• Informative Informative x 6
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

This is fantastic! I've not seen this yet, looking forward to it, amazing!

10. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I’m sure I noticed the consequential failure system a couple of months ago. I lost a wheel a few laps after a barrier prang. Where I’m really excited about this sort of feature is in the big endurance races that I’m running on Historic Spa etc.

The obvious question is: does the AI suffer from the same delayed failures? Right now, that’s less clear.

11. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Well, I was going to the pits and that f*** wheel came off just before entering the pit lane :p

I was surpised because it never happened before, and at the same time amazed by it happening :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Although it ruined my race, it was so cool.

I'm just thinking that a bit of a shaking through the FFB due to the wheel mounting disassembling, would be such a nice touch.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. CrimsonEminence

Yes. AI also actively tries to prevent other failures like engine overheating for example (like leaving the draft deliberately). EDIT: at least it should be the case if i'm not wrong right now and confusing it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

That definitely explains some of the recent pitting behaviour I’ve seen on the long races I’m running (30 laps+). So interesting.

15. CrimsonEminence

I'm not sure right now if they search for clean air to cool the engine actually, have to check back if that's already the case, but AMDM is affecting AI as it's affecting the player yup.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Wow this is awsome!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Holy crap the AI... This is the first time I've fooled with stuff not 1970 Spa on the RC and my god it's good

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This in itself is a flawed argument... In the mini there are 2 2nd gear corners... Both before long straights that require good exits... And lots of long radius 3rd gear corners to push the front temps up as well...

I had to go somewhere which put pressure on the fronts as I couldn't replicate the issue at Goiania Airport or at Oulton Park... I had to run wets in dry conditions to get the front left over 100 at Goiania...

Now that's very weird to me as I regularly take these Mini's around both versions of Brands ever since the tyre update fixed the slicks... I've been running 16 lap races with four weather slots to test the AI files and when they come in to the pits to change for wets... The front left doesn't get tortured for me unless I go off into the grass or stay out when the dry line is fully formed... I know this is a sped up version of weather changes and there's not going to be a few laps of intermediate weather on track... Hence I also run a 2.5 hour practice session with the same weather changes to get into the rain groove before I race... And I run the Mini's with the AI at 120 so I'm not driving like a granny...

I think they have found an issue that could explain why things are so different for us... It wouldn't surprise me if there was a big gap in difference (or randomisation) between when the dry track physics go from dry to wet and when the visuals show rain and wetness on track... I also feel there's some work that can be done in the transition between a slick tyre becoming undrivable and a wet tyre needing more water on track with the Mini JCWs... Whilst the AI also needs to be able to read that situation better as they can find extra time during the transition phases...

I'm very interested in what that could be...

19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Holy crap, I am stunned.

Just did a 10 lap race, road american, DPI, GTE, GT3 and the AI is mind bogglingly good, This is that AI we saw teased back in 1.13, and they can actually handle muilticlass traffic really really well...

I started in last of a 8 car DPI field, 5 GTE's, and the rest GT3. The DPI's were absolutly cut throat when racing amonst themselves. I actually got bumped and run by the AI in the turn before the carousel, spun around and kept going. Lap 4 or so I caught the 7th place DPI and he adjusted his line trying to block or break me off his draft, and eventally I snuck past after a massive battle.

Lap 6-7 we started to hit the GT traffic, and it was amazing. The AI actually passed in places that made sense. One car would make a hole, and suddenly all 3 of us were going through in a pack. A GT3 slowed suddenly infront of this little pack of DPI's, the leader swerved off into the grass to miss him and 6th place and I went to the other side. I was just stunned, it was a very human reaction, even as he rejoined the track behind me in the mirror.

Last corner of the last lap, I made it up to 3rd place, and he was stuck in the middle of a pack of the GTE's all togeather, and as they exited, he swung out to pass them against the pit wall up the hill, and I managed to sling shot around him for 2nd at the line.

Holy crap that was fun, and it was all AI! I've had maybe 3 Iracing races that entertaining in 5 years on the service.

If you've just been fooling around on Spa 1970, your missing out. The AI on the other tracks is incredible right now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

T
    The real test is what are their pitstop strategies are like for longer races as well. Short races is one thing, but 1+ hour races are another

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4