1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So much rambling and moral grandstanding it's getting obnoxious. My suggestion is to use the ignore function liberally.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

unfortunately nowadays people forget or never have learned the function of a discussion forum.
    DISCUSSION.
    Many mix it up with social media. Hype train, conspiry theories, begars and whiners think they can leave their bull**** here and create 90% chunk.
    I'm sure , Renato started this forum as very,very small dev team, to get in contact with their customers to support and get feedback to bring his projects forward.
    So comparing with Elon Musk is naiv.
    Meanwhile it got a incalculable monster because people lost the most important quality: rigid discipline.
    In early days, people got warned, locked out temporarely and after numerous incidents blocked eternaly. Hard for some, good for all.
    Just my 2 cents :whistle:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

And then they go on RaceDepartment and complain about it and how Reiza are Tyrants who don't like their sim to be critizised :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, currently AMS2 is my goto sim, even with all the small or bigger and sometimes very annoying bugs, biggest issue i have is that a lot of extra free stuff gets added, whilst the stuff in the season pass isnt even completed, and that this isn't even modified on the steam store pages as well, basically giving potential new customers the wrong info, which in my book is never a good thing, regardless in what branche you do your business.but i keep playing it as its the best looking, sounds are in general very good, and the driving experience is really good as well, currently because of a lack of time i dont get around to driving in other sims, with the AMS2 league races/practice taking up a bit of time as well, but i have played them all in the past as well.

i tend to point out the positives, but also the things that in my opinion arent going well, without mentioning the things that arent going well, you dont help any company moving forward in my opinion, not everybody likes the way i do that, or can take criticism anyway, quite a few people defend everything Reiza/AMS2 does as if it was their first born child.

Different people find different things important, not only in terms of content, but also offline or multiplayer, as the offline has had its fair bit of work done to it already, i hope, and with me other people as well, that the multiplayer part gets some significant changes/fixes done to it, in the hopefully near future, as the biggest issue in terms of league races since a couple updates ago is having floating/invisible cars, this only seems to happen when a dedicated server is used, i think that is also one of the reasons LowFuelMotorsport didn't make the jump to AMS2, even though the poll they did had AMS2 come out on top, and to be honest, if they were to add AMS2 in the current state, it would probably do more harm then good in the long run for AMS2 and its playerbase.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also I've seen this course of events on every forum of every game out there so far, t'is the natural way of the universe :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

I am very thankful for the GTP and hope to see more GTO and GTO for a more complete historic Camel GT experience!

7. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

Currently the pros of this simulator would be its graphics, physics and real weather/livetrack.
    the cons would be half individual mode, quite disastrous multiplayer (despite sharing a system with pc2, ams2 is much worse and I don't know why if ams2 is more recent), outdated UI and basically a copy of pc2, delays in launches, the lack of information on the content of the season pass, the sounds of some cars are horrible (some models do not even have sound) and the worst of all, the lack of a good player base. It hurts me to say it but my impression two years after the launch is that perhaps ams2 will never get off the ground. Partly because of the bugs, because of the new sims that arrive in the coming years and also because of the little focus that has been made on the multiplayer part.
    many of you will think that multiplayer is not everything, but if we talk about driving simulation focused on single player, the player base will never be very high and that harms all users of this sim. many people think that ams2 was born dead .I was not one of them, but the facts are the facts

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Désolé pour la réponse tardive! Super boulot, je le trouve beau, j'aimerais rouler avec ! Avez-vous remarqué que j'étais un peu fan du cheval cabré :))

9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Historic spa incredibly good ,
    Formula trainer works now too & a nice sim car

Thanks to the team !

10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with all the pros and cons you pointed out but you are not giving the game the credit it deserves.

The game has a very good track and car selection, a great damage and mechanical failure simulation (cars with AMDM), custom championships, the ability to create custom AI among other features. Other sims might do some things better, AC and RF2 have great FFB, ACC has great GT cars, but on a package as a whole I like AMS2 the most.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is a reasonably balanced pros and cons list.

Maybe ams2 is the overall best package in those other areas Mazda listed too. But that is subjective, and also I don't think it is enough to sustain and grow the user base.

I do hope that Reiza come out and say what their plan is for offline vs online in the road map. Just some clarity on which direction they're focusing one would be nice.

E. G. Should I keep AMS2 as my offline sim and start looking at Rf2 for more online racing or not?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys have to keep in mind that this sim is just 2.5 years old which is quite young for a racing simulator. Those pros and cons are not wrong but I'm sure AMS2 will deliver on many of those aspects in the future. If you are not satisfied with the status quo come back again in half a year / a year and take a look around, perhaps it has gained momentum.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

What are the sales like though? Is it enough to keep the sim alive to continue development over a longer period? It's one part of the debate as to whether MP would bring in more users earlier on to accelerate sales and thus development. I say debate, as I do not have the answer to the question (that is for Renato).

Further, new MP functionality has a development/bandwidth cost that may be too high for a small team. One of the reasons to use an engine in the first place (as opposed to in-house dev).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is my go-to sim right now, and has been since probably the 1.3 update. The progress is definitely there. I still think it would be good to know the near-to-mid term direction of the sim.

I would be happy either offline or online focus, but knowing or having some idea would be great.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 main focus has always been single player and that's a choice that was made early on.
    Maybe it will change to MP once Reiza is satisfied with SP.
    But I would not expect radical changes in MP anytime soon, if ever.
    If only because other sims focused on MP have probably poured a lot of resources into it (translating in lots of $$$) and raised expectations of sim racers through the roof.
    Reiza is not going to replace entirely the Madness Engine MP code with a completely new architecture and the infrastructure that goes with it.
    AMS2 current MP will remain somewhat serviceable and probably improved, but do not expect iRacing grade MP.
    I am glad Reiza is focusing on single player, as there is no way I could race my favorite obscure track/car/weather/date combos in MP. So the only way is better AI.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Aside from the usual MP bugs, like too many players or auto-AI when someone leaves.. I believe people saying MP suck are usually the people that race midpack/lastpack and then get punted/crushed/crashed/kissed because most of the players lack the experience/racecraft/awereness and all that to launch safely and make it clean through T1/2/3/4/5/half a lap. Then complaining they crashed, forget the race is long, don't pit for repairs (or damage is off), and then just ragequit.. Doing another Q in another lobby. Qualifying midpack/lastpack again, and the same chaos happens, cause everyone is like: GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGO. and boom.. Deja vu

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

You are both right, it is true that ams2 has some very elaborate aspects and that give freedom to modify aspects and characteristics of the AI or amdm. There is no need to take away merits, my fault.
    a product that has been on the market for half as many years as pc2, with which it shares many features in addition to the graphics engine and that at no time has approached the number of simultaneous players, they are not data to be happy with.
    on paper everything pointed to the pc2 player base migrating to ams2 because it is basically an improved version of pc2, but it hasn't been like that and i keep wondering why... for me everything is better in ams2, except the multiplayer and the variety of vehicles and tracks, these being of worse quality than in ams2. That makes me deduce that much of the blame lies with the multiplayer aspect.
    there are a lot of reiza fanboys in the forum who will say that ams2 is fine the way it is and that any criticism, no matter how constructive, will be taken as an attack, but outside of here not everything is so nice. all sim owners want the same thing, that this is a success and it is not being like that.
    I wish it were different, because I got very involved with this sim to the point that it is the only one I use today.
    today pc2 and ams2 have the same simultaneous players and the same peak of players in the last 24h.
    and pc2 has been dying for a while already after five years since its launch, as I say, it doesn't look good

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Makes me laugh when people say AMS2 season pass is prohibitively expensive, whilst its been on sale several times for half the price. And at the same time rFactor 2 has now released their Q4 DLC pack, which is 28 euros for 2 cars and 4 tracks. AMS2 passes are some of the cheapest for any sims - just compare it to iRacing, rFactor 2, ACC.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

En fait, c'est toujours compliqué. Avec mes goûts et mes envies, AMS2 est de loin la meilleure sim car j'adore les monoplaces F1 ou Indy (surtout des années 90, 2000, 2010 et d'aujourd'hui). J'ai passé les 9 jours de conduite depuis l'intégration des statistiques et zéro heure, zéro minute et zéro seconde de multijoueur. Hier j'ai fait une course F USA GEN 1 sur Imola pendant 1h40, voiture arrêtée en bord de piste avec Smoke et boum FCY, c'est exactement ce que j'aime. Mais je me rends compte que beaucoup de gens aimeraient plus de GT3, par exemple, ou des voitures de style tourisme avec un mode multijoueur de style R3E, et c'est une direction tout aussi importante. Quand je félicite Reiza ce n'est pas fanboy mais ils vont où je veux. Goûts et couleurs...

• Like Like x 1
  20. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

maybe those people mean that paying for something you don't know what it is and when it will be released is not a good deal