1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, will have to test once we get the ovals back. I want to do a full length US500 and Indy 500

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Well this suggests we are experiencing totally different tyre types, we are currently running the JCW in a league series, ( running release candidate mostly , but issues were there beforehand) and a grid of almost 30 cars are experiencing unavoidable tyre overheating, with the Wet compound, it generally reminds me of the early renditions of the JCW that suffered excessive dry tyre overheating.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'm on the RC as well...

I completely agree about the pre tyre update versions of the Mini JCW, after 3 or 4 laps the tyre temps were insane on the drys... And relegated the car to certain tracks only... After that update though it's been one of my favourites and I've spent a tonne of time in it... Hence I thought this was a RC only bug and tested it...

I wonder if my recent reinstall of windows has something to do with it as I have next to zero saved setups... Which I know can cause cars to behave incorrectly when a physics update happens... But there's not a lot of options to do anything with this Mini to cause that...

Whatever it is certainly has me confused... As I really have to overdrive the Mini on the wets for it to get close to 100C...

4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Completely agree... Did a 3 class race around Daytona and the AI really knows what to do now in comparison to before where it didn't...

It's a night and day difference...

Far from perfect, but a great deal better than what it was...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We have had this happen to a few drivers in our league. Very cool feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

So you're saying that underneath all of this technical car stuff there's a perfectly good sloshing simulator? After learning this i think we need to make slosh the new cheese! Anyways, thanks for all this awesome insight! I'm amazed by the complexity of it all :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

'without baffle plates' . (early cars)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

- here's another example of damaged suspension causing something to "disassemble in an undesired manner":

• Funny Funny x 9
  9. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I'm glad they simulated the safety cell ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

O Renato poderia aumentar o número de carros no Grid pra cada pista . De 32 para 40 ou 45 . Em SPA Histórico pode ser de 22 para 35 . O ptoject cars 1 conseguiu nesse Engine porque o Automobilista 2 não consegue ?? Le Mans no Project Cars 1 tem 55 carros . Por favor aumente o tamanho do Grid no jogo. @Renato Simioni

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Speaking of rollovers, it's nice that they're actually quite natural as of recent updates, sure they're not on the level of say, NR2003 but they're far far better than how jerky and weird it used to be in previous Madness games

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I didn't know Dexter's ex made youtube videos.

13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow! How much damage did you already have on the front right suspension assembly before it collapsed like that?

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't say it's perfect, but it's an element of vehicle dynamics that affects a car of course.

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Will be sorted guys.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know exactly - I had clipped a wall reasonably hard about half a lap earlier and the 'serious damage' warning had popped up (or whatever it says), but there were only a couple of laps left so I was trying to limp home.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Okay, so a quick note about the AI during a longer race where pitstops are required

Just did 45 laps at cleveland with the 95 Indycars, 2x fuel 1x tire wear. 95% strength and max agression

The game reckoned initally that you could do 22 laps on a tank of fuel. Well even in lean mode and fuel saving that ended up being closer to 18-20 so this was a 2 stop race

Lap 15 the first few people came in for service. I stayed out until lap 20, and some of the AI pitted on lap 21.

Lap 32 I pitted for the 2nd time. Some cars suffering from damage or ADM had come eariler than me. But I was among the first of the lead lap cars to pit, and some of the AI followed me into the pits. Last stopper was on 39, was the leader of the race and he came out right behind me only to fall off pace as he started getting mixed up with backmarkers

All and all, a very believeable race with the AI. Nothing they did was crazy, like trying to pit on lap 2. or the lap 44. Cars that got damaged pitted for repairs, it was extreamly solid compaired to my last experance doing a longer distance race.

Again, AI was super impressive race craft wise. Drivers would block, pass one another, mess up and spin out, Pit exit was a little wild, because nor I or the AI seem to understand when they come out of ghost mode, so everyone just panics and some cars ended up taking to the grass to try and pass. That was my only negitive comment.

I'm very impressed Reiza, ya'll have done some more magic here. I'll continue fooling with it as and when I can, but I'm serously impressed.

1 question, is the AI pit logic still focused around fuel or can I turn the tire wear up too now?

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In other news, Project CARS is officially dead.

20221108_121358.jpg

PC2 had massive flaws, but it wasn't the all out dumpster fire that sim-Tubers pretended it was. A large portion of the AMS2 community came over from PC2, and it's sad to see the series finally dying.

Reiza have done amazing things with the Madness engine, I just wonder what a proper Project CARS title could've been with Reiza's expertise and PC2 budget. :(

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 13
    • Agree Agree x 7
  19. Dylan Hale

RIP

Rezia, its up to you now...

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great to hear it, thanks.
    Fuel estimate is always a bit off by default. You need to do 3 or more laps in P or Q for the estimate to adjust to your drive style.