1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imagine the QoL improvements Reiza have made to the driving feel, racing options, custom championships with PC2 content. You could actually simulate a WEC season properly, you could simulate an IMSA season pretty well.

Think of the retro endurance sportscar races you could do with the Porsche and Ferrari DLCs. Just stinks that all that content never got to reach its potential because Ian Bell and SMS didn't have a 10th of the passion for improving things that Reiza do.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If not done, try setting "pitcrew detail" to "player only"

3. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure on the specs of your machine, but I've had a couple of micro-freezes - seemingly correlated to the AI having a crash or pile up - even when out of view.

For me, the freeze is only a few ms, so doesn't really affect gameplay.

I've noticed it more in the RC, but that might be because I'm racing Spa 70 where AI pileups are more common, with the AI needing some fine tuning.

* I have pit crew detail off btw.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hadn't though about the ai crashing causing it, but it could very well be that. I have an intel 11700k which runs hotter than a volcano, so I suspected it to be the cause at first, but after throwing everything at it, it never froze nor crashed. So the cpu is not the issue, its not game breaking but very frustrating after driving a race for an hour then having the time freeze at a corner and crashing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

So much pearl-clutching!
    Not seeing this at all, despite a lot of time on the RC. I'm running a mixed bag of an AMD 3900x with a GTX 1070.

Have you tried rolling back to the public release to see if it's just the RC?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

I'm having these micro freezes (a fraction of a second) since the big 1.4 update. Never had them before the update. My pit crew detail is set to player only and yet I have them several times in a session, even when my average fps is 75. E.g., in a solo session with no AI at Oulton Park the freezes always happen in the same sectors: a slight one when leaving the pits, another quite evident near Shell oils, other between Druids and Warwick and the last one barely noticeable near old hall corner.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

EA should never bought the Project Cars franchise. They don't know what to do with it and now they just trashed it. They're going to piss off a lot Project Cars fans, that's what I think. Should have sold it to Reiza lol. Hey, you know what....maybe Reiza should hire some of the Projects Cars staffs now that they're pissed off at EA for screwing up their franchise lol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've noticed these over the past few days whilst running the ARC and Adelaide and it does seem connected to the AI touching walls... Even if they aren't in my line of sight...

I had thought it was an issue with 70s Spa or an issue with night racing at Daytona road course with the RC but wanted to test more to see what it is... I haven't noticed them in test day mode but I have had skips in an online race at Jacarepagua as well just not has intense...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

This sounds like a classic rFactor issue, where, if you have a freeze, go to replay to find out what horrific thing has just occurred to the AI.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Yes indeed!
    My experience is usually something like - screaming through Masta Kink at 250km/h and suddenly into a field of car debris. Wheels, nose cones and other bits scattered all over the track.
    "Well, that explains that micro freeze I had back in the chicane"
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the others will probably move to GTR-R

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ian's next project GTR Revival already took a group of them. It'll be interesting to see how they apply their lessons learned to our benefit. It's funny how so many on RD call Ian a crook/fraud because there were a lot of people that made good $$$ on WMD.

Either way, that's 2 years away and I hope AMS2 continues it's upward trend.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Ian bad rep is more due to PC3 and all the promises he made about PC2 that where never fulfilled, still remember the mid race save coming soon in the NoGrip forums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really didn't want to mess with the whole "boot files" thing again, but y'all tempting me.
    giphy (7).gif

plz Reiza, give us more classic tourers

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  15. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Im pretty sure it was Codemasterts that bought project cars though? And then EA bought Codemasters so they just inherited it. Honestly it makes sense, F1, Grid, Dirt and Project Cars all from EA? They would be competing againt themselves

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I've noticed this too

17. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Can confirm that I observe the same. It's there since some time, but wasn't that pronounced e.g. a year ago. To me it feels that it is related to the preloading / caching implementation of the engine. Loading the pit crews the first time might need access to RAM or hard disk, similar to things during crashes. Maybe the high details in physics and crashes (and their improvements during the last year) in AMS2 makes it more detectable in form of micro loading stutters. Maybe it is possible to add some parts of this to the overall preloading in a development version of the game an check if this is indeed related to first time access of data (RAM, HD or more subtle) to verify the hypothesis. Don't have any idea btw. how the ME works, I'm just regularly astonished what seems to be possible with it and which beauty comes out :)

18. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

U both use HDD or ssd?

19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they definitely had the passion, but their business model was centered around releasing a new game at full price every 2-3 years, with only 1 year or so of support (patches, DLC) for the current game. Reiza and others (rf2, R3E, iRacing ...) improve their unique sim for eternity (eternity being until they abandon it), which in my opinion is the only proper model for a sim, epecially if it has a large scope. I really wished SMS had done the same with PC2, but apparently this was not financially viable for them due to their size and cost of development (which is also why they had to sell on consoles).
    That, and without Ian Bell (and SMS), there would not be an AMS2. Or at least as we know it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I only get micro pauses online
    Fine single player

• Agree Agree x 1