1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

basically you see a car high in the air at the start of the race, that car is invisible to you on track, you can hit them, and you wont be affected by any damage, but they will be affected by it.

a small example of the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxiuIX7v5MjO6JYWMExGjuBdt_NFz0Jgt-

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Ricardo Amaral

Ricardo Amaral Member AMS2 Club Member

Talking a bit more about oldstock

This video is also a good reference

Rubens comments that he didn't get the most out of the car, and it would still be possible to lower the time by 1 second. It was a lap more for the experience of driving the car, than to get the most of the car.

He comments in 6:20 "This is a car to learn to drive, it's not an easy car to just sit in the cockpit and drive.

And he also comments that almost the entire lap he did in third gear, because there is too much power left over compared to grip.

I believe that the car in the game is well built and sounds true to the real car, but I feel that there is still a slight lack of grip. Because in the default setting, even in fifth gear, the car is sliding in a straight line. Which doesn't feel quite right to me.

I changed the tire pressure in the front to 1.45 bar, and in the rear to 1.40 bar
    And it makes it a more controllable car in a straight line for example.

Now I don't know if it is a question of the setup of the car, or some polish on the tire model itself

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

can you raise the rear toe for straight line stability?

4. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

I don't doubt the car is hard to drive. I'm fine with that. It's the disassociation of a tire on pavement that gets me. It's a floating vessel more than something that has a determined lateral grip. I like cars that are hard to drive, when they make sense.
    And for the love of God, Reiza, use the sound of this car from this video. The high end raspiness in the engine in this video is divine. I do audio recording and it sounds like you could extend the treble in your sounds and then almost overdrive it using any type of overdrive plugin. Even an analog console channel plugin overdriving the top end would simulate that distorted rasp we hear and love. Not talking a metal guitar distortion pedal, something more intricate. Even some of the vinyl (records) plugins I've used sounds like they come close to that sound of breakup in that captured engine tone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe some more up to date beta tester can report a more trust-worthy comment than myself, but I've not experienced it in any of the MP tests.

However it is very unlikely such a scenario would be caught in the tests, since it is more of a show up and race, then go home. Nobody files a report for supposedly bad driving from other drivers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

ok, cheers for the reply

7. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with the boat comparison. It feels like a pontoon boat with people running from one side to the other while your trying to go straight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Doesn't matter - the file just needs to be in the folder to increase the likelyhood of something like red liveries happening.

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The "hot air baloon opponent" issue is known, yeah The car is invisible for others and you can sometimes see it high up in the air (also causing collision shenanigans). I've seen yours Kyalami race stream recordings and it's brought up.

We're usually testing betas with a dedi-server but occasionally also by local hosting.

• Informative Informative x 4
  10. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Também repassava uma grana grande pois o AMS2 não pode morrer , @Renato Simioni faz um serviço de assinatura pra continuar o desenvolvimento e não deixar o AMS2 morrer eu estou disposto a pagar

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

Mais eu acho que dá se fazer o pit stop compartilhado em dois carros as pistas com 32 carros subiria pra 64 carros e com 22 subiria pra 44 dá pra fazer porque no Project Cars 1 em Le Mans e Monza tinha Pit Stop compartilhado . Tem que ver nos arquivos

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maser V6

Translation! is

"""""Também repassava uma grana grande pois o AMS2 não pode morrer , @Renato Simioni faz um serviço de assinatura pra continuar o desenvolvimento e não deixar o AMS2 morrer eu estou disposto a pagar
    """""I also passed on a lot of money because AMS2 can't die, @Renato Simioni makes a subscription service to continue development and not let AMS2 die I'm willing to pay""""""
    """"But I think that if you make the pit stop shared in two cars, the tracks with 32 cars would go up to 64 cars and with 22 it would go up to 44 you can do it because in Project Cars 1 in Le Mans and Monza there was a shared pit stop. Have to see in the files"""

• Like Like x 2
  14. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i just tried the 79 stock car and the rear wobble is def fixed, it felt exactly like that video posted

15. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

No Project Cars . Da para fazer o sistema de Pit compartilhado ou seja um número de caixa compartilhado 1 carro cabem 2 agora é que está falando se ele fizer isso daria para duplicar o espaço de corrida 32 em Interlagos sobem pra 64 carros 22 SPA Historic sobe pra 44 e fica mais simulado pois você tem que decidir uma entrada nos pits, se não você pode pegar os pits cheios.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I suspect the madness engine is using some standard features of FMOD audio library (autopitch modulator?) with a few channels. They may be restricted in what they can do without getting stuck into the middle of some C++. AMS2 cars sound kind of similar to PC2 cars I think, I suspect this is why (I'm guessing though).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maser V6

TRANSLATION IS for the rest of us.

quote @WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Posts above
    ""In Project Cars 1 there was a shared pit so much when you requested the stop sometimes it looked like full pits on the screen to take another lap, that it was not possible to make the pit stop at the moment. You can make the shared pit system, that is, a boxing space of 1 car fits 2 now that's what I'm talking about @Renato Simioni if you do that, you could double the number of drivers per race example 32 in Interlagos rises to 64 cars 22 SPA Historic goes up to 44 and it's more simulated because you have to decide to enter the pits, otherwise you can get the full pits." end quote

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  18. Roy Niessink

Ok thanks for the reply

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be neat as a selectable setting and useful for F1 which shares pitstalls

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Like F1 has shared pits

• Like Like x 1