1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

i hope full time replay for time trial.
    it has limit for 2mins
    but race has full time replay.
    i know this limit came from PC2 but i can't understand why it should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

Opala Old Stock. Not 79.

3. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

I think you're quite right.

after a lot of laps and testing al cars I've realized that the problem can be circled in the front engined RWD cars. For me is the common point of the all strange behaviors.

In GT3 case: Porsche and Mclaren drive very well,, lots of traction in other hand the Mercedes and the BMW (I remark the BMW) they feel like a drift cars.. willing to spin in every gear... low speed corners are just ridiculous.

If you go to GT4... same.. BMW, Gineta, Camaro.... quite the same although the Camaro is quite controlable because of the V8.

Then all stock cars, V8 super cars... etc.

They feel like having to little weight in the rear and ther's no traction.
    You should rise the nose, lower the rear, open the diff as max you can, soften suspension and they start to behave something acceptable... but for me is definetely a thing to look at.

Cheers guys.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

im happy we have one at all, and 'laserscanned' ;) 1970s spa has been noticed as really special to sim racing. Even Davecam has been enjoying it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah the old stock should handle far better in theory given modern tires. It's supposed to be the same car on newer tires and brakes

• Like Like x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only thing though is that to have a shared pit box requires teamwork/collusion among drivers to not box at the same time. And obviously there is no teamwork on the track in ams2 among players or ai like there sometimes is irl;

7. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Hi, do you know of in real life the old stock already had radial tires? I was born in the eighties so I don’t know when they were introduced in Brazil, but my dad said it took a while for the radial to be the standard construction for race tires in Brazil. This might explain less stability on old stock? Just wondering if this might be the case.

8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

... and around double the HP and probably a fair bit more torque.

9. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But isn't that behavior how it should be... less weight in the rear should mean less traction. I don't want to be that guy but in ACC the McLaren and Porsche are some of the best at handling low speed comers where as a car like the Honda wants to spin on you.

The super V8s have 630 HP with no TC and locked diff. You have to treat the throttle as though there is an egg under it. The Ken Block video has been shared on the thread many times so I won't do it again but google Ken Block drives V8 supercar.

Little discussion on Reddit about the iRacing version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/3nsfa8/are_the_v8s_that_difficult_to_drive_in_real_life/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  10. thealexmill

thealexmill New Member

Adding to this a bit, please Reiza, if it is possible, give us a way to skim through replays without having to just sit there and watch it on x10 speed to get to the point we want. It sucks trying to get a screenshot of something that happened in the middle of a 1 hour race but not be able to click on the bar on the replay and drag to skip through it.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

I take your point, and I would agree that front engined cars should have less traction.. but not that much.
    At the end, they are really mid-front engined cars, weight distribution is normally 50:50 and under acceleration the weight transfers to the rear.

The V8 super cars could be an exception.. but the way it moves.. how it wobbles under direction change... feels strange, like if the center of gravity is too high.

And maybe..all of this is just because a wrong default setup... who knows.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Old Stock is current race series that takes old stock cars from the early days (1979-198?) and updates them with more powerful engines, brakes and new tires. But, they are now over-powered and skittish to drive (on purpose) because of that.

However, I agree with others that there is still something "disconnected" with them. Just a matter of time before the devs can focus on them. Surely, they can't be busy with any other priorities right now, though.... ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't get your hopes up, since it has been mentioned that skimming through replay is way too complex to implement due to livetrack logic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Got it, thanks for the feedback! To be honest, I spent more time on stock 86 cars, and for me the handling is great, really a pleasure to drive. I had so much fun with the 86, didn’t have time to dig into old stock. Will try this weekend to see how it is handling now. Thanks

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It has to be said, the Stock 86 actually has some rudimentary aerodynamics, slicks and less power than the OldStock. This makes quite a significant difference in handling and stability. So the "disconnection" isn't really unexpected. Especially on cold tires out of the pits, the OldStock will feel surprisingly soapy if starting to push immediately..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Theodore Schultz

My question is what is your reference point to say they don't have enough grip on the rear tires. Real world GT3 driving experience, other sims, intuition? IMO the GT3 cars in AMS2 are far more forgiving than in ACC. They are less forgiving than in R3E which most if not all cars in R3E feel like like the tires are literally glued to the track. rf2 and AMS2 GT3 cars fell pretty similar to me. Haven't driven any in iRacing or if I have, I've blocked it out of my memory.

Also just took the super V8s out and probably an unpopular opinion, I think they have now gone too far the other direction. They feel almost too tame. I only spun out once in 5 laps at Kyalami... that is unaccetable. I only spun when I came off the last corner giving too much throttle on the curb before I got fully rotated.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean, real V8 Supercar drivers say their cars drive like heavier GTE cars with worse brakes, and that's mostly what I get out of the Super V8's, so... close enough?

18. Theodore Schultz

I would also recommend the Omega 99. Great sound and a bit more of a challenge but still very fun to drive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Theodore Schultz

Yeah the brakes are definitely worse and tricky not to lock up but yeah I can see that comparison for sure.

20. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

The super v8 kind of 'wiggles' left and right on daytona. Its hard to maintain control and race

• Like Like x 1