1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that's the oval version they added. Its staggered like a stock car

2. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Is it supposed to do it then? Its normal for the wheel to be tilted on ovals but i struggle to drive in a straight line in the v8. Resetting to default didnt help

3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm, idk then. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow morning

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

Yeah something is very weird with that car, very very hard to control and FFB feels weird.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Sorry for the late answer. It's an ssd and the stutters are in the mu-seconds order of magnitude, clearly not seconds in my case.

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Much looking forward to this today! Hopefully will sort out the issues with the missing tracks and maybe see some more work on the Oldstock & Caterhams! The R-Trainer feels great now but the Oldstock still feels very strange and the Caterhams still have weird weight/lift problems, for instance take the fastest Caterham to Nords and hit the crest of Flugplatz.
    You hit the crest and the front end just lifts right up into the air and you crash! Check it out on the replay, its not that after the crest the road drops away again and the front wheels are slightly in the air till they come down, I mean the front end litterally lifts up like what happened to the CLK Mercs at Le Mans

This was caused by aero, not weight. The Caterhams don't have aero and the engines at the front so there's plenty of weight to keep it down there to. This issue has bugged me for ages.

With this new build and the new RF2 build and content its like Christmas is coming early!:)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Hi Theodore,

I'm not sure if a GT3 car should be forgiving. In a GT3 car you look for the maximum grip. My understanding is: As higher the available grip is, less forgiving the car will be, so the reaction when the grip is lost is more severe.
    I didn't had the opportunity to check a GT3 car in RF2, that of course would/shouls be a good reference.
    And of course, I never driven a GT3 car and nothing similar, but if I watch onboards of a real Corvette or BMW GT3 cars, you can see that the go quite early on throttle at the corner exits with a good amount of grip.
    What I feel with the BMW in the last corner of Suzuka for example is that I really struggle to give gas in 3rd gear and I'm power sliding along the corner. It doesn't feel too real for me.
    It's not a secret that when we go on-line, most of the people is picking Porsches and Mclarens, hey are way more easy to drive fast.

8. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

does anyone feel the Default+ FFB got stronger with the same settings after updating to the RC?
    And i noticed that my wheel doesnt oscillate as much anymore on straights when i take my hands off
    is it just me?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the basis of this assessment is totally wrong. It should be based on you intentionally trying to make the car spin out and it not doing so, then you would have a point.

10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Anyone else having weird FFB with the Swift 009.c? It feels stiff with no legitimate fidelity on what the car is doing, kind of like if you were just turning the wheel in the menus, and it's only a problem with the Swift compared to all other F-USAs
    Has been a problem since I wanna say a couple updates ago for me

11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The fenders of a Caterham 7 actually generate lift. Source:

aerodynamics of seven - California Caterham Club Forum

"At 100 mph the car developed 74.1 lbs of lift at the front and 4.1 lbs @ the rear"

The weight distribution of a Caterham 7 is actually somewhat rear-biased, 49.3 / 50.7%, and it only weighs 1446 lb. So having an effective -70 lbs of front downforce could push the weight distribution backwards by a couple of percent. I agree the nose pitches up too rapidly and looks odd (incorrect moment of inertia?), but physically it doesn't seem impossible.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was actually just making a bit of a joke here but it is definitely much more controllable than it was prior to 1.3 update.

edit: but the super V8s should try to kill you if you get on the throttle too early.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Offtopic:
    GEORGE IS PLAYING AMS2
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 25
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Good to know, will try it to drive it gently until tires are up to temperature. Looks fun to try this, I like cars that demand finesse on the throttle, looks this one will be like this.

15. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

I have been lowering ffb on many cars about 10 percent

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Theodore Schultz

I hope that you are not suggesting that all the GT3 cars should handle every corner on every track the same because it sounds like you want the BMW to handle low speed corners as well as the Porsche and that is just never going to happen. The BMW is the heaviest with the longest wheel base. It will never be as "nimble" as the Porsche.

Each car should have their own unique handling characteristics and have their own strengths and weaknesses and thus have tracks that are better suited for them. That last corner out of the chicane at Suzuka is for me the hardest one on that track. You are coming off a very slow chicane and trying to get the power down early to get a good exit for the straight. I always short shift my way around that corner to make sure I have maximum grip.

I will say that there does probably need to be some BOP work on certain tracks for sure.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I told told you years ago, guys. 2020-2030 going to be Reiza's decade. Hopefully 2030-2040 too...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Hoping the update to the RC comes soon :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

I think is clear I'm not saying all cars should drive the same.
    I try to say the contrast is too exaggerated IMO.
    As we are talking about a simulator, make sense to compare with the real cars.

20. Theodore Schultz

Until either of us drive a real BMW GT3 we will never know how realistic it is but I just took the M6 out on Suzuka on AMS2 and ACC and they handle incredibly similar. I actually had a much easier time in the final corner in AMS2 than in ACC. I would suggest taking out other M6s on AMS2 or rf2 and compare them and I think you will see how the AMS2 version is inline with the simulators.

• Like Like x 1