Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

what date did you run?

Does the weird performance also happening if you choose a date in belgian summer?

There is a gremlin with seasonal foliage right now (setting track detail to low exposes missing foliage for default date for example) that will be addressed. Maybe there is a chance of it being related, but just guessing right now.

2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On another note, can we please have a few lines in the car select screen that tell whether a car has auto blip/shift cut. For those of us who run auto-clutch off, it's nice to know whether we need to blip downshifts or not. There's several "modern" sequential box cars that require blips, and it's hard to memorize which need it and which don't.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Specs go in the signature area...like many of us have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yup, CTD in Spa for me twice now, not change of view or season, jsut driving along looking at the cows in VR >>stutter stutter CTD.

i9 9900kf /64gb /3080ti / Vive VR ,running on an NVME drive

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Default Date, one sunny weather slot, Track was default progression, at about 3pm i think

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes I know. I posted just the system specs up quickly for a quick answer, then I went and added to my signature all the details of my whole rig, as that took longer.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

your bug isn't performance related so i dunno why they want them, i had the same bug only once, where replay turns to a skip to end screen somehow

8. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still important to know, just incase it has something to do with certain manufacturers doing stuff differently resulting in bugs (IE if youre using an Intel graphics card in the game Space Engine gas giant textures will be bugged).

Of course I'm not saying that's the cause (infact I doubt it is) but instead I'm saying it helps Reiza find the problem by giving as much information as possible. No one knows what's causing the problems, so they have to find out in order to fix it.

I forget the exact video I heard this, but I was watching some dev-vlog for a random indie game and the dev said "when you add one feature, five completely unrelated ones break" and I think that's something all gaming communities need to keep in mind because I feel like it's a great answer for so many of the questions that gets asked.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

OK Reiza, I'll make you a deal. Give me a GT3/E Ferrari and an Historic Monaco and I promise never to load rf2 again :D

• Funny Funny x 8
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Are they turning Monza into oval too? That bank is sick...just like Daytona.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

The new Corvette GTP is so much fun! I highly recommend blowing up the engine ;)

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Super speedway setups for the cart cars are really loose and unstable. Is there something wrong with the aero map or is it just normal to set front wing to 1 on every car?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Someone posted about this earlier. Try either resetting setup to defaults or changing tire's to wets or slicks from auto and back again and it should solve it

14. Tarmac Terrorist

Thankyou so much for this, the lockstops feel much better again! This is the best compromise between hard and soft lock, V happy with it, cheers, thankyou, BRAVO!!!!!!!:):):):):)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Happened again, this time with a totally different date set (1st Jan 8am 1970). This time the skip to end button worked but it just got stuck in a loop simulating session so I had to end with Task manager

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Would love to see more moveable objects at Spa, alot of the signs you can just drive right though like their holograms, the little white fence posts aswell. Also would it be possible to expand the invisible wall/gaurds or whatever you call them, its not that I wanna go driving off though the fields (well I kinda do but i'd get bored of it soon enough), but when you have a 200mph crash and the car flys up in the air and goes over the rails it hits an invisible wall like theres gaurd rails high in the sky.

You could do something really special with this track, as cars back in the 70's could end up 100's of feet off the track in flames, crash through barn doors hit the massive billboards and have them fall apart. Even make the telegraph poles move just ever so slightly if you hit one. If you could do this (and I know the Madness engine can) It would be incredible especially for replays and race spectators! Atm it looks really weird when cars come off the track. Apart from that its fecking amazing!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. When I say you could do something really special, I don't mean it is'nt already one of the most special and spectacular tracks out there, cause it is! This would just add to the realism and the spectacle so much! Because alot of sims put these invisible walls in on the big road circuits and i just find it spoils it a bit when on normal circuits they don't and you can end up way off track on them in a fast smash and even over the barriers. I don't mind getting stuck off the circuit if i mess up, its part of the danger of racing at a circuit like this

18. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Added Short Oval & Speedway configurations for Opala 1986 Stock Car, Stock Car Omega, Copa Montana, Super V8
    Should those be already in the game? Because they are not appearing in the cars list and only the regular car configs get loaded?

19. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

From what I've seen they are not treated as different variants like the low downforce or oval variants of other cars, but when driving on an oval I've noticed they have Oval Slicks installed

20. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it confirmed that it stays like this or is this temporarily and they will get their specific car variants in time for the public release?