1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

My Steam seems to be grinding along right now. Anyone else getting this?

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Item not yet availible in steam store. Its well gone midnight here in the UK so I guess I'll wake up to it!:)

3. Injafaz

Injafaz New Member

Can someone actually in the know give an answer to why IMS is or is not available?

4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Thank you a million!!!! Great news for SimHub (and CrewChief @mr_belowski wink wink ) users.

6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

If we are going to get pedantic F1 cars don't even reach their top speed at Monza and the FE cars get to stretch their legs around the less tight tracks on the calendar... Although major changes at a lot of tracks will be needed for the Gen 3 cars due to the higher mid corner and exit speeds...

Continuing on the pedantic path DRS is by far and away the worst gimmick in motorsports, it makes fan boost look half baked as fan boost isn't an automatic pass like DRS can be... I'm not defending fan boost as it's a terrible gimmick, but at least the driver who gets it has it once in a race and still needs to time it right (ie having a better run out of a corner and have more energy so they can stay on the power longer to get past on the brakes)... DRS handicaps one car for having a better race up until that point and the passes that result are rarely natural looking ones and far too often look like Rubens letting Michael by...

Give me Attack Mode or Push to pass anyday where the gimmick gives both drivers a shot...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  7. Scar666

I'm totally with you on Sebring, Road Atlanta and Portland should also of been additions... But I guess they focussed on the CART era for many reasons...

Also I've tried many many times to get into oval racing, even the Indy 500 hasn't caught my interest... In a way I get the excitement as the slip streaming can allow for unpredictable endings... But it just feels like a 2 or 3 hour WEC event... With most drivers cruising until the last 2 stops as long as they stay on the lead lap...

However driving them is a different story... It's completely different way of racing, yet still pays dividends to those who can conserve energy... I do prefer to race tintops on ovals because a little rubbing doesn't always lead to disaster or enough damage to be a disaster... But there's a lot of strategy that comes into play on those short laps...

If I'm not racing and just turning laps it's road or street courses for me... But for a fun race it's good to go on an oval every once in a while...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reset setups for FUSA Gen1 on a SW or SS
    Reset setups for FUSA Gen2/3 on a SW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

Engine peak/shift optimal is pretty much when the big single light comes up.

10. CrimsonEminence

Are you using custom liveries + custom AI sets?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As my driver's legs can now attest, not ALL of the road signs around spa are animated. Some stop you dead, and the white pylon thingies are still drive through able. Still, can't wait to sink my teeth onto IMS. Thanks Steam,

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Injafaz

Injafaz New Member

Hopefully at IMS, unlike Daytona oval, cheats want be able to speed through the pit lane or run the whole lap under the apron in time trials and keep their times. Just wreaks it for proper racers.

13. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I am sorry, I think I didn't make it clear enough what I meant, I am just talking about the light itself.
    As you can see the big single light doesn't come up, AMS2 is using the wrong shift light, not the big one in the middle. Red arrow would be the correct shift light (in the middle of the 8 smaller lights), yellow arrow is the one AMS2 uses: Porsche Shift.jpg

Here an on-board of the car showing the shifting light:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

Ah yeah alright!

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wasn't being pedantic, there is a big difference, you can actually see the speeds f1 cars are capable of at many tracks. FE is neutered by the pathetic narrow constant right angle corners and short straights.

Yes DRS is rubbish, it seems to be the only way to try and increase overtaking, even though the cars are easier to follow this year DRS has allowed passing to occur where even the new regulations would have struggled. There does not seem to be an easy fix there. I think also DRS was implemented to stop processional races and lack of action. The consumers in the world today want action from beginning to end. They don't cars about the technology in the cars just want to see things that keep there short attention span focussed.

Fan boost would have to be the worst most absurd invention ever in motorsport. Why should drivers get an advantage just cos someone likes them or not?

It would be like having fans vote which soccer team can have an extra player on the ground because the games are always so low scoring and boring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Man, that's because FE cars don't have the top end many other racecars have and that's neither a bad nor a good thing. They use the tracks best fit for the car, much like how you see F1 cars at Bahrain instead of Brands Hatch.

Formula E isn't and will never be Formula 1, you don't need speed or fancy aero to provide entertaining racing. All you need is a car/track combo that facilitates good racing. These aren't "nutered" circuits as much as they are circuits that are meant to work well with Formula E cars.

Also about fanboost. Say what you will but it's provable that various gimmicks that NASCAR and F1 have introduced (note I'm not saying they're bad or good) have had larger impacts on the championship than fanboost has. I mean some dude literally did a Forza Horizon 5 wallride IRL in part because of a gimmick and made NASCAR look like an absolute joke. I'd rather have fanboost than wallriding any day of the week, especially when it plays such a small factor. Of course I'd rather it be gone, but it doesn't effect the racing so I'll still tune in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Scar666

And neither F1 or FE reach their top speeds... Cars vs cars we disagree and it is what it is...

Tracks we agree on and Formula 1 has a few classic tracks with Spa and Monza which just about anything looks great at... But F1 also has a lot of tracks which fall into the same category with lots of right angles on streets or tracks like Hungaroring where downforce just ruins any chance of racing...

F1 has 10 tracks where I enjoy watching them... The rest fall into the same tier as ovals for me... I'm not fussed if I miss that race...

Put anything other than touring cars on any FE track an it'll probably be boring as hell... Yet those cars made nearly every track fun to watch because there was real overtakes...

And many other forms of motorsport have shown that F1 chose to focus on the wrong technology for exciting on track racing... Aero over the car... F1's overtaking issues started all the way back to when the banning of ground effects took place which they've just reintroduced after finally admitting that error but have left too much aero over the car...

That technological choice forced DRS into existence because of the dirty air that the focus on Aero over the car develops... Even V8 Supercars have had to rethink the Aero over the car approach as the outgoing cars had too much dirty air behind them... MotoGP is also discovering this with too much aero causing dirty air and hot front tyres in both championships leading to less overtaking...

Consumers want exciting racing, and DRS isn't that... It's ok for the casual viewer who cares about the pomp and circumstance of F1 and that drivers don't stay in the same position for the whole race due to the technology involved in F1...

But for someone like me who grew up watching F1 throughout the 80s and 90s... It's just not a fight anymore...

Coupled with the leafblower sounds, DRS has turned me from an every session of F1 viewer to a "Can I be bothered to watch the race this weekend?" F1 viewer over the last decade...

You do realise how sponsorship works right?

The more people who like you the better your chances are and the more options that are available to you because you are more attractive to sponsors... And more sponsorship dollars usually leads to a much better performing car for the driver... Or in the soccer players position, better shoes and training conditions... Sure in some special cases the money comes from a small group of people or nepotism, but most drivers need multiple sponsors these days...

I agree fan boost is a terrible idea even on paper... But in practice it's far less of a problem than DRS is as it doesn't cause the same passes as DRS does and rarely crops up as only a small number of drivers have it for one shot in the race...

Both are ways of trying to catch the attention of the casual viewer... One gets them involved... The other happens far too often... Both are terrible...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  18. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Somehow you're the second person after Kyle Larson I've seen think it made NASCAR look like a joke, and Larson tried it and failed a year earlier.

19. Scar666

I always thought the yellows for debris had that honour? lol

EDIT: Just watched the real life wallride... I stand corrected...

20. Scar666

Anyway just in case it's missed before the release...

The modern helmet is bugged... This is a fully white helmet aside from the parts...
    20221119160903_1.jpg

I can't test the latest build on track as the Thrustmaster TC-PC and Ferrari Advanced wheel aren't recognised anymore...

• Informative Informative x 1