1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

3 wide carnage at t1 is coming soon (TM)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Monza, but worse

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah, the AI behaves well in the race start.

The issue with AMS2 AI is not dirty driving, but unnatural and unrealistic physics.

And also their immunity to penalties, and no respect to blue flags. And hesitancy to overtake each other.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I woke up, its now almost 1pm the next day, what on earth is going on with Steam? Or is it problems with the build?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Steam store updates at 10AM Pacific time, so my guess is that if we get DLC today it will be around that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

I hope not

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We´re relying on Steam support now to set the DLC as released, so update will remain as RC at least until Monday as DLCs can´t be released on weekends.

To allow everyone in RC branch to enjoy the full update this weekend, we´ve deployed a new build (2212) with all layouts from the 3 Speedways available to everyone until the DLC goes live - please keep in mind that once it does go live the tracks will again be restricted to owners of Racin´ USA Pt3 and packages that include it.

• Winner x 26
    • Like x 14
    • Friendly x 7
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

YEEEEEEEEES!

9. emptyhat

emptyhat New Member AMS2 Club Member

Steam can't release DLC on weekends. I learned a new thing. I'm a bit surprised by the limitation though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. rmagid1010

Nice!

upload_2022-11-19_14-30-31.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

YES!!! You star you! Awsome of you! Just checked and they are in the sim! V Much looking forward to trying out Indy! I have to say also, you're advanved damage modelling is an absoloute gamechanger, its a fantasic feature and i've been trying it out! This is such intricate stuff, and to hear from @CrimsonEminence that it affects the A.I. to the point where they will (or will in future) being employing damage limitation techniques (like if they have damaged parts restricting airflow to the radiators, they will actively pull out of the draft of other cars to keep the engine cool till they get to the pits), is just unbeliveably innovative stuff! I've been experiencing some of it whilst testing! Its simply astonishing, great work! Bravo!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. May I ask to either @Renato Simioni or @CrimsonEminence (I know you must be V busy atm so fair enuff if you aint got time). Does the ADM work only on certain damage settings like Full Damage with Max scaling, or do you just have to have Random & Mechcanical Damage turned on alone (im not too clear on this so ive been running with Random & Mechanical on plus Full damage and Max scaling)? Also is there a full list of cars on which this works now (as there are quite a few cars in the GT class'es for instance and im not sure of which ones have it)?

Thanks in advance for any reply (only if you've got time). I Just think this is one of the most exciting developements insimracing as I know iracing has stuff like this but I don't think it interacts with the A.I. in the same way. Its been amazing to see them pit after damage now, they used to just keep going. This sim is getting so refined! Its simply quality!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20221119102651_1.jpg I'm assuming Super Speedway and Speedway are the same thing depending on chassis?

If not, I'm getting both on indy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

@Reiza, you truly are amazing. You keep surprising me with how much you care about the sim and your customers.

@Tarmac Terrorist When do we get a video about all this good stuff? :) Also, you might want to take a look at the 'Racing Life' mod for AMS2 over at RD.

15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

WOW whatever last minute changes you made to the Formula USA are fantastic! The feel much more stable on the big tracks, and Indy looks incredible! Also bravo on getting a 3 wide start without everyone dying in turn 1!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. SJors

SJors New Member

Yes and yes, but I also do that in other classes and there I do not have the same issue

17. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I don't think you would want to go down that rabbit hole with the GT1s, the Merc was using TC and ABS and the Porsche only used ABS but there are several more regulation differences between Le Mans and the FIA GT championship like different Air restrictor rules (which is why the Porsche was a bit closer at Le Mans for example), the Merc using paddle shifters at Le Mans or flat bottoms which were allowed at Le Mans but for the FIA GT they had to use a plank.
    It is probably better and less confusing to just stick with the FIA GT ruleset and give the LD variants as an aerodynamic option only, though that might be troublesome when a car like the Nissan R390 or Toyota GT-One gets added as they only raced under the Le Mans ruleset.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. rmagid1010

ai is great at indy, well done for not having the
    cluster****
    t1 starts that rf2 struggles with at indy

• Like Like x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Indy Oval is a speedway, AI apparently accidentally also load the superspeedway chassis for it additionally, strange i haven't seen that before. Forwarded! EDIT: Yup no worries, it's a typo, the chassis is correct for the Reynard 98i.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This can happen. See if you find an updated version for both.