1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

This is amazing! The only critique I have is if we could get the GP layout of Indy along side the road course as there are differences. That long bank to the Start/Finish line for one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I think you should understeer more iirc. More torque equals less turn in rotation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

I had this problem also for many sims. thing is you calculate the fov with calculator and get the apropriate number of fov and probably this is right, but the issue is sense of speed, doea not feel natural. try to increase fov until you feel the speed right, after that move your seat in car forward or backward.
    I use opentrack and had this issue as well and now I feel pretty comfortalbe and "in home" while driving. this also helped me to drive other cars that previously were difficult, but now it's much more natural and easier.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Er, do you not mean 'loose rear more'?
    So lock at one of the first things drivers will do to make a cheap drift car out of a normal cheap road car with an open diff, they weld up the diff! This essentially creates a spool or solid axle. Similar thing to truning the preload up as high as it will go in a LSD car. Thats the V short answer anyway

5. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

a more locked diff will have more power oversteer

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Just tried Formula Reiza for the first time in... I don't remember. (just me and a mate in a practice server. Bloody heck they are awsome!!!!!

One thing though. Dunno if this is a bug but neither of us could see each others DRS wing open when following each other (even though they were open), yet when we added A.I. cars, we could see their wings open. Is this a bug, anyone else seen this?

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I would do a complete reinstall with deleting AMS2 folders under Documents too and start from scratch if you haven't after 1.4xx !
    I don't have this obsure behavior in any car.Drives like heaven here.:)
    It can solve those problems,but it is not a guarantee for every users.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. I have to tell you that we both fell apart in fits of laughter after one of said to the other 'I can't see your flaps open' and suddenly realised what we'd said!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Quick question about the Reiza trucks. Should they not have about 16 gear split box???

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

I've always wondered about this but something I never realised about racing trucks is water cooled brakes. Been looking at the new raceroom trucks and they have 16 gear slip box, and have a sprinkler system for the brakes which you opperate with a button and have to choose when to make use of as of course the water tank only carrys so much water till it runs out

11. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not seeing the DRS open is a MP issue. It's same with the F1 cars and different compound tyres. You will not see when another driver changes compound. Also same goes for damage. If another player damages their car and returns to pits to fix it, it will still show as damaged to others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Delete all documents or just the ones related to setup?

13. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

does anyone else get a replay duplicated when they go to view a saved race replay?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah right thankyou, had'nt noticed this with the DRS before as I don't do alot of Formula racing online (note to self must do more!). I am however painfully aware of the visual damage bug online. Its a really bad bug and is very confusing online, for drivers and especially spectaors, does make AMS2 look pretty bad im afraid, needs sorting big time! As does the wheels not being visuaklly replaced when they come off and you go back to pit, and also camber not showing graphically what you've set it to, and also on cars like the Formula USA, tires dissappearing serveral centimeters into the tarmac. These are the worst bugs in AMS2 and really need attention. I do worry the Camber not showing is going to be with us a long time:(

15. Tarmac Terrorist

All the time

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Really could it change a thing??

I mean? I did a verification of the files via steam.. everthing OK.
    I deleted many times the setups folder..

I don't know why should it change by reinstalling....

17. Dady Cairo

The whole folder /Documents/AMS 2
    Or rename it to AMS 2_old. games creates a new on on start,then you can compare.But it will not help if you have the obscure behavior,therefor you need to reinstall the complet game or rename it as described,you can go back then and compare it.

18. Dady Cairo

I would try it.You loose only a bit time.:)
    There was a steam-glitch for some users incl. me.After 1.4.0.0
    Read my posts how to!

19. Tarmac Terrorist

Here is a thread from the S397 forums where someone is asking for a feature that was in RF2's old UI (but not in the new one) to be brought back. This is a feature that allowed you to save the skill and aggression level of the A.I. for different car & track combos. I personally loved this feature and wish for it to be brought back aswell. Seems im not the only one, just look at the response!

Anyway, I think this feature woulds also be incredibly useful in AMS2 because of the massive variation of class'es (if its not too hard to impliment?)

What do the rest of you think?
    Feature missing in new UI (present in old UI)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

idk if its already been forgotten with all the indy excitement, but the ai at fontana is so much better now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2