1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Any ideas why after the update installed my Force Feedback settings and HUD layout were reset to default ? Is there a way to get back what i had ?

2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

HUD may have been reset due to the new 'helicorsa' icon, but not sure about ffb. Not sure if you can restore this data.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes its totally sorted out the A.I. hitting the tires, great job Reiza! Love this track!!!!

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I promised one of my channel viewers I would pass this on as i do agree with him, so to quote him:
    "Default setups! My only issue with AMS2 and it's a big one is setup. When you leave the track and enter setup you lose all tire info. I can't remember all the tire info for 4 tires. So normally just adjust brake bias and brake power. It really takes away from that very fun element of the game. I feel like that should have been fixed 2 years ago before letting out another car or track. It is such a HUGE flaw extremely over looked issue. That one issue takes the game from what would be my favorite sim by 3 fold to my 3rd favorite sim. That is a huge spread. I can't be the only one. Maybe an in game screen capture then be able to view in the setup screen??? Beg them to fix, please!!!!!!!!"

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Hello friend.
    No, Copa Truck (which is the Brazilian official truck race championship) doesn't have 16 gears. In fact they only have 6 gears, since they are not exactly normal trucks, but racing trucks.
    Another thing is that these trucks are European "box-shaped" models, and many of them have 12 gears (3L+3H in the first gearbox plus another 3L+3H in the second gearbox). Some have 16 (4L+4H on each gearbox).
    In Brazil, with very few exceptions, our fleet is entirely made of European "box-shaped" trucks.

Here's an article from the Brazilian Iveco Blog explaining a little bit about preparing a truck for racing in the Copa Truck championship [portuguese].

Cheese!

Como se prepara um caminhão da Fórmula Truck –

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Renan G Flores

It's here! It's finally here! Oh, the chesse, baby. THE CHEEEEEEESE!

cheese.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

What a beauty!
    Thx Reiza!
    So many things to test!
    Every release is a little xmas!
    :) :) :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Renan G Flores

So, about the new Corvette...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Thanks Reiza!!!! only two things I can see there again... those cones on the Dayona's pit exit that pull you in middle the track and the race... and the cup montana, there is not an option to turn off the p2p on oval races? only need that to use montana to have beautiful oval races.. thanks !!

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not an expert on these, but there are differences between the Brazilian and European giant race trucks. The European ones seem to have a 16-speed box, but use only two of those gears during a race! The Brazilian trucks have a 6-speed, with the first gear disabled and not selectable. In the old AMS, the first gear was locked-out and I expect at some point that will happen in AMS 2. In the meantime, to be authentic, just don't use 1st gear.

I also know ZF race transmissions have been used at some point in these big trucks (and perhaps that's what the Brazilian versions use while the European ones use a regular/road truck transmission?).

EDIT: Didn't see @Renan G Flores reply before I wrote this. Maybe he can provide more details about the source of the transmissions?

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

1st gear has now been eliminated.

The main difference between the 2 trucks is the raceroom one has a speed limiter whereas the Brazilian ones are supposed to be limited by external radar. In any case there is no need for so many gears on either variant as torque is plentiful with no load to pull.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Marc Collins First has been disabled since RC. At last that was i experienced last time <3

Hardware wise those EU truck gear wont be feasible for simracing. Unless you use only two of them ofc :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Just did a race at brands hatch with the formula trainers and they feel great. Love the radar widget as well.
    But I do feel the AI crashes a lot. A "big" crash occurs every 2-3 laps. No fcy is deployed though.
    I even set the aggressiveness to low, but the AI keeps bumping and crashing. I have my skill set to 100.

14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try max aggression. It seems to tame them in certain instances actually.

15. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Three, to be pedantic :p In very tight hairpins they usually split down to 7L, but you're right, usually they use 7H and 8H only. Probably depends on the track and driver preferences.

Two examples:

Steffi Halm @Misano only using 7H and 8H:

Erwin Klein Nagelvoort @Zolder using 7L - 7H - 8L - 8H

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The original ams had versions of brazilian tracks with speed traps for copa trucks, but honestly its more fun without them

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Man.... I've finally reinstalled.

That's just another game.. al cars I had trouble with, just came right... the experience is amazing. So I was playing with other game.. just like that. I'm staggered. Thanks.

@Beezer215 try it.. you'd have the same gitch I was suffering. Reinstall, delete all at my documents.

Said that, thats a huge bug in this game that should be solved.
    It's the first time I see it. And like me.. many others could have suffer it and maybe discard the game.
    I just wasn't believeing everyone saying thats so good.. being me having all this wrong physics.
    It should be investigated.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I'm aware of this, but it didn't change much. This is why I tried the low aggression.
    I have to say, I feel that low aggression actually makes the cars less aggressive, unlike how it was before.

19. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

No mention of this so far, but first thing I'll be trying is classic Spa.

20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I'm praying this for month to be heard but only get laughter and misbelive:whistle:.Good that it worked for you and many others.I's a different sim now,sure! But you can't make a blind man see:D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1