1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

@Marius H - Ooops, didn't realize the F-Truck first gear block was already addressed! Thanks for update.

• Like Like x 2
  2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I just did a 14-lap race with Stock Car 2019 at Indianapolis Road Course, AI at 100, aggression at low. Although there have been improvements to AI in the past few updates there's still a lot of the same issues that are still unfixed.
    They're still way too aggressive even on low aggression (don't tell me that bs about higher aggression making them less aggressive, low aggression should mean low aggression, period), they still move under braking (I got squeezed against the wall in turn 1 when an AI moved under braking at the very last moment after I had placed my car next to him), they still cut corners in some places, they still go for impossible overtakes (I got pit maneuvered in one of those impossible overtake attempts). If it wasn't for me backing out and letting them pass several times I'd probably had been taken out a bunch of times.
    I really wish there was an option to make AI less aggressive and avoid contact at all costs, if that's not possible then just put an option to disable collisions like in the F1 games. I'd rather play with collisions off then being afraid for my life every time I attempt an overtake or try to defend against AI.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks Renato and the entire hard working and dedicated staff at Reiza for this latest awesome release! You folks are simply amazing and you just keep making this racing simulation better and better. Bravo!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Okay, some thoughts on the latest build (and the sim in general)...

The steering lock for gamepads still seems to be inconsistent. It's been an issue since day one, but I wonder if those of us who do use wheels and controllers (25/75% in my case, over the course of some 800 hours), could see a greater step-difference in the steering lock function? Perhaps an option to drop the lock as far down as something like 10 might allow for greater tuning. This could really help with the handling of some of the GT2 and GTE cars. For example, some of the Porsches are extremely twitchy in a way that can't be tuned out with the current lock ranges.

Other than that, this has been a fantastic build. A great way to end the year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Injafaz

Injafaz New Member

Starting to feel the USA ovals. IMS and Daytona with Indycars are the combination for me.
    Any news going forward with the 2022 car or is it not happening?

6. thealexmill

thealexmill New Member

On hold as of now. If everything gets worked out it will be in a future DLC.

7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a reminder, Indycar approached Reiza to hold the 2022 indycar and in trade gave us IMS in the meantime. It might turn into a 2023 indycar, but that will be cool as the last year of the current rules package.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Hope they fix this issue with having to delete the folder. Feel like people coming from sims which don’t update their game’s physics much means the developers have had time to make good default setups. Reiza are still updating the physics so people think when the physics change and the setups don’t the game is bad

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I just try out the official release (never try the RC at all)...WOW, I think Spa 70 is my favorite track of the entire game. One thing I notice immediately, they keep crashing or bunch up at the very beginning of the turn in Spa 70. Maybe if I set the aggressive to low, it'll work? I haven't tested. Daytona is still my favorite oval because of the bank. Indianapolis oval is meh but probably 2nd favorite oval. I hope they somehow add the Monza oval (because of the bank). It's fun driving in oval w/ the bank.

As for AI, I didn't notice much anything...I need more time. If anyone figure out what's the best combinations of skills and aggressive for AI, please post.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is an AI report thread in the general discussion section. It might be worth posting a video of your AI troubles at Indy there.

I have managed to have a good multi-class race there, you see the Dpi jump one corner on the first lap but after that it was all good. 105 strength, high aggression.

12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Couldn´t agree more. Rfactor 2 and Raceroom both allow much less than 14 as minimum lock and that helps with twitchiness and reduces tyyre wear. Now we have ovals it is even more important.

We also need steering sensitivity to work on digital devices, with that it would be possible to get rid of damping.

Finally, control settings such as steering and brake pressure should always be open to adjustment even in fixed setup lobbies as these are necessary tweaks to be able to use multiple types of input device.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Apex

Apex Active Member

I've found that you need to fine-tune the aggression for each class. Even though the AI is running simplified physics, you just can't expect every type of car to work with a universal setting on every track. I should perhaps mention that I tend to match cars and tracks with at least a bit of historical accuracy, though it can be fun driving oldies on modern tracks as well. And of course a lot of people do that IRL.

Generally, with less grip and more sliding you should lower the aggression, while cars with loads of grip and downforce can handle more aggression. It seems aggression works a bit like a proximity sensor, and higher settings allow for closer racing. With less grip the AI has less time to avoid collisions.

For the F-Vintage Gen 1 and 2 I've set it in the 3-5 range, and it seems to get us all through Eau Rouge/Raidillon and the Malmedy chicane in one piece. The Retro Gen 1s can handle a bit more on the mid-70s tracks, and so on.

One could argue that each class should work out of the box, and you should be able to quickly set up a fun race using the in-game sliders. On the other hand, I'd argue that being able to fine-tune each class using a custom AI file has brought AMS2 to completely different level, at least for me.

When you listen to the people who raced in the 60s and early 70s, they often talk about safety and how they raced hard but were very, very careful not to violate each other's space on the track because it was so dangerous. So in that sense it makes perfect sense to lower the aggression with the early stuff, and to me it looks pretty legit when watching replays.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

IndyCars change in 2024, new engines and other tweaks

15. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

Is something wrong with the current regional price of Racing USA P3 DLC on Steam? This is how it looks: ams.jpg

16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Having option to select lower steering lock would be nice (I actually when the other way around and setup my Xbox 360 controller as custom wheel with steering wheel range of 480 degrees and 24 degrees of steering lock since I find the steering not responsive enough for me), but most important of all Reiza needs to include the option to fully disable all built-in filters & dampers, enable raw input and fine tune from there like we do in AMS1. And implementing proper controller vibration would be great too (controller vibration is almost non-existent even with controller vibration at 100).
    That doesn't seem right, pt3 is cheaper than the previous one for me (Brazilian Real).

• Like Like x 1
  17. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

reboot?

18. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

@CrimsonEminence is it possible to create a list of cars that currently have AMDM enabled, similar to the list made to keep track of the cars with the new tyre model(while they where WIP) ? I know they are mentioned at every release notes, but it's hard to keep track of them.

19. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

20. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Indeed a few currencies like ARG peso and Turkish lira have higher prices for part 3 than part 2.

upload_2022-11-22_11-36-48.png