1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First post here: Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fine tuning both aggression and skill for each track and car combo would be very useful indeed! Exactly why I made this post a couple of pages back, infact I'd go one further and include the level of damage in this aswell, at least until damage gets more refined:

"Here is a thread from the S397 forums where someone is asking for a feature that was in RF2's old UI (but not in the new one) to be brought back. This is a feature that allowed you to save the skill and aggression level of the A.I. for different car & track combos. I personally loved this feature and wish for it to be brought back aswell. Seems im not the only one, just look at the response!

Anyway, I think this feature woulds also be incredibly useful in AMS2 because of the massive variation of class'es (if its not too hard to impliment?)

What do the rest of you think?
    Feature missing in new UI (present in old UI)"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Excellent, thanks v much for the info! I wanted to make sure as it's just something I've always wondered about as I don't know V much about the series, just that every Artic cab I've ever sat in has had a lot of gears and split box, however when I used to drive 7.5 tonne Ridgid flatbeds (used to work for a Marquee company), they had a normal 5 or six speed box. It's great to get the info on these things so thanks again!

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Excellent, thanks v much for the info! I wanted to make sure as it's just something I've always wondered about as I don't know V much about the series, just that every Artic cab I've ever sat in has had a lot of gears and split box, however when I used to drive 7.5 tonne Ridgid flatbeds (used to work for a Marquee company), they had a normal 5 or six speed box. It's great to get the info on these things so thanks again! Didn't know about 1st gear, that's interesting!

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Excellent, thanks v much for the info! I wanted to make sure as it's just something I've always wondered about as I don't know V much about the series, just that every Artic cab I've ever sat in has had a lot of gears and split box, however when I used to drive 7.5 tonne Ridgid flatbeds (used to work for a Marquee company), they had a normal 5 or six speed box. It's great to get the info on these things so thanks again! What is a radar limiter, I've never heard of that?

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Wow so 1st is now disabled! Not tried them since latest RC build will go give them a blast today, just to find out what actually happens when I select first with my H shifter. I guess it will just register as neutral?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

8. Apex

Apex Active Member

Oh I dunno, I think there are perhaps two things to this: Do we want access to all the advanced features in the custom AI files through some clever UI in-game, and do we want to be able to save a bunch of class/track-combo presets with skill levels?

From the top off my head there are pros and cons: I mean out of the box, you can pick a car from a class and a track, set the sliders to taste, and it's lights out and away we go. It literally takes ten seconds. If you want to really dig in and fine-tune a class to perfection, it will take some testing to get it right, and having to exit the game to make your adjustments is not really what slows this process down.

Personally I think having a few slots for saving template sessions, like we had in PC2, might work, but I'd probably spend the same amount of time fine-tuning each new combo anyway. Once I get a class working and it suits my own skill level, I rarely mess around with it, but spend my time trying to beat the buggers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

Still the same. It's about twice the price of Racing USA full pack. ^^

10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Regional pricing for the most part follows Steam´s calculated recommendations which factor local market and currency fluctuations - it appears the Turkish lira and Argentinean peso conversions were severely outdated so in their latest refresh they respectively got a 424% & 486% bump - we typically don´t bump up prices for older DLCs following their recommendations but we do go with them for new releases, and that may lead to this type of discrepancy.

• Informative Informative x 8
  11. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

I understand. I was buying DLCs one by one for support. Already have USA 1 and 2. May be i get the full pack in this case. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  12. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Season pass is what I got when I signed up last December. There was a lot of value then

13. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Just a question: How low downforce variants for GT1/GrC can be selected?

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Running them at low downforce tracks like Daytona, Monza or Hockenheim Historics.

15. Yannik Haustein

Yannik Haustein New Member

They're going to be selected automatically if you choose a track where they would've been used. I think that's mainly Monza, Classic Hockenheim and the ovals as of right now, there may be more though.

16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 already has 3 Argentina tracks, when are we getting a Saudi Arabia track? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Need more Arg-tracks to make a full calendar :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you do that so the low downforce setup gets loaded and then save that setup, will that setup be available at all the other tracks or just the low downforce tracks?

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Only for the Low downforce version (it's counted as own car version).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

anyone have the corvette c8r engine audio disappear for external replay cameras?

• Like Like x 1