1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

True, personally I'd love to see Potrero de los Funes in AMS2, but after what happened earlier today I think it would be fair to include a Saudi Arabia track as well. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not mentioned anything at all about sliders for the custom A.I. files in the UI. I was talking about the general skill and aggression sliders. But since you mentioned it, yes! I'd love to have and advance A.I. menu availible for those who wanna spend the time using it, why not? If you don't wnna bother with it, then you don't bother with it, simple as that.

Also you cannot just set the sliders to whatever your given skill level is and then use them for any car and track, because the A.I. are sometimes very, very fast with one class of car and painfully slow with another! There are some cars that you can have a decent, challenging race with at 95% skill, and others that are so damn slow you litterally have to turn it up to 120% to get any sort of challenge with.

3. Tarmac Terrorist

Is there any way to assign cycle buttons for incar systems like ABS, TC, ERS and so on? Im running out of buttons and with those 3 settings alone I could free up 3 buttons I i could have just one button to cycle through each.

4. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Simracers: What about Multiplayer?
    Reiza: ‍In Automobilista 2?

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it due to NVIDIA drive? I often get stuck when playing, or "bullet time" occurs, even if I set all the graphic quality to the lowest. In the past, it was fluent at the highest quality

6. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. Just thought I'd add to this that I do appreciate the multiple control scheme options as its allowed me to make special profiles for cars with oddities like the Mclaren MP4/12, so i can reassign the clutch to opperate the Extra brake/fiddle brake.
    However you cant change contoller profile whilst at the track, which is awakward when you are on a server and inbetween races the server changes from one type of car to another. Would it be possible to allow us to change controller profile whilst at track?

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Just tried the cars after deleting the documents folder and all I can say is the cars handle well, but I need to change the anti roll bars and other settings to make it more understeery. Prefer understeery setups over oversteers ones, but most people like oversteer

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also if possible it would be nice to be able to have at least an extra set of keybinds, for example when people use paddles on the wheel to change gears, but also have a seperate shifter

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Okay, so maybe I'm doing it in the wrong way, but I think the fcy doesn't work for Indianapolis in the opala 79.
    I just did a 60 lap race (oval) and some weird AI behaviour occured.
    First, during the formation lap, the fourth car decided to have a 20ish second to the third car. This was still there at the start, resulting in massive gaps throughout the field.
    Secondly, about half way through the race, someone crash, bringing out the fcy. I was in front at the time and decided to pit. I exited the pit at the end of the queue, due to some damage, and was told the follow the final car. Again a gap was formed, but this time the cars decided to close it. I however was not allowed to drive faster than the speed limit, so I was left in limbo. The cars were driving so fast compared to me, that when I finally reached the green flag, the first four cars had already lapped me.

TLDR
    The fcy/formation lap behaviour on the IMS oval does not work properly for opala 79's

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Not exactly sure what you mean? I have both paddle shift and a H-Pattern shifter which (by flicking a switch on it will change to stick sequential) and I can use either as I can assign all the gates to specific gears and assign paddles to up and down (also in sequential stick mode its up and down). I don't need to change anything to simply swap between, I just use whatever is appropriate for the car im driving. Im not sure I get what you mean, can you not use both at your end?

11. Roy Niessink

well, if you use a thrustmaster wheel, and a fanatec shifter in sequential mode, you cant map both to gear up/gear down, you need to remap them every time when switching between paddle shifting and gear shifting.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unironically I wouldn't mind that. Or atleast more tracks from the eastern half of the world. Despite my problems with it IRL in terms of saftey and location Jeddeh feels like it would be an amazing track to hot lap. Outside of that you have tracks like Malaysia, Fuji, Dubai Autodrome and many others.

Also this should be a given, but this is the internet. My opinions of tracks has nothing to do with the country they reside in, just because I like a track doesn't mean I like and/or support the countries politics and leadership. This really shouldn't have to be said, but I don't want a flame war about this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Apologies if you already know this, and yes its not as simple as a built in AMS2 option, but JoyToKey software is so useful for this - I have three rims with buttons / paddles and a Fanatec shifter. Basically using JoyToKey assign the paddles to keyboard keys instead, same with Fanatec shifter, assign the up + down in seq mode to the same keyboard keys you assigned the paddles on your wheel to. Then in AMS assign the keyboard key to gear up and down. No more switching profiles in ams, and JoyToKey can handle multiple usb devices, no latency or anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I want Jeddah in a sim which doesn’t exclusively have F1 cars. I also want Sepang, marina bay and Bahrain

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

yeah, already know this, but i would like to have this option ingame, and not need to mess around with seperate apps, since they implemented the radar, which was a seperate app, hopefully we will get this now as well

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh right, I get you now! Yes i've not got that problem as my shifter plugs straight into my wheel, but yeah its not possible with your setup. I understand how this would be useful for you and others in your situation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Use Joytokey or simhub to map the shifters shifting up to the letter U, and down to say the letter D. Then use those mappings as inputs for both the shifters.

18. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

how would you go about making the fanatec shifter register as u and d?

ok nvm, i just see it in simhub, seems useful but this should really be in game,

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Elcid43

Sequential mode?

20. Elcid43

Use keyboard emulation (like Joytokey or it's found in simhub).

Map sequential and paddle upshift to whatever letter you like, and do the same for the downshift.

In game, use that letter combination to map to your paddle shift up and down. The game doesn't know or care what shifter you are using that way.