1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Apex

Apex Active Member

Oh yes, a bunch of 917s and 512s, and a few T70s for fillers would suit Spa 1000 and that track in France with the absurdly long straight very nicely! Generic equivalents would do the trick as well.

The AMS2 5-Litre Lunacy Pack

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Since we are talking classic Le Mans, we need the most glorious sounding V12 to win it, I dont think it's going to happen, but it's a good video to start the day :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

With a few more revs...

Matra V12 Engines - some onboard recordings from Soundcloud

• Like Like x 5
  4. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this.
    GPLaps is David Attenborough to Gamer Muscle's Bear Grills.

• Like Like x 22
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had massive VR issue online today, every server I went into in VR all cars had massive pings, as in up 2000! All of em, so i figured it must be me. Rejoined same servers just with screen, back to normal! Tried VR again, same servers, same massive pings, back to screen, no problem again. Anyone else experienced this?

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand this. Hasn't Silverstone been in rf2 for years? Are they retrospectively trying to squeeze more money out?

7. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, but regarding allbif our wishlist about the content and the future development I think that Renato should clarify everything about season pass and 6th track and USA pack and Indy deal. And I say that as day one Baker becouse I appreciate all content but this miss info is not good looking. Also we forgot Nissan and Aston Martin. Or is this super cars?

8. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From the rfactor2 forums it seems they had a limited time contract for Silverstone and couldn't agree on a price for renewal/extension. They said all other rfactor2 content had a lifetime contract.

I assume the Reiza got a lifetime contract for AMS2.

9. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Thanks for sharing the video! My dad always said to me that the most beautiful sound he heard was when he listened to the Matra V12 engine at full revs as he was walking inside the tunnel below the straight of old Interlagos circuit. He said that the walls of the tunnel literally shook when the Matra passed at full speed. It’s one of his greatest memories.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I doubt that, I would assume there is often a break clause in the deals after a period of time. A lot of licenced content gets pulled from Steam after a period of time, depending on the title. Note you can't buy any ProEvo games, GTR2 was removed after a while (and I think they cut a deal to bring it back), the Project CARS games disappeared recently and Codemasters removed the original Dirt Rally and other games from Steam a few weeks ago. But if you already 'own' it they don't take it away (although that Steam licencing agreement you agree to each time says that they can do that), it just can't be acquired/bought by new users.

11. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

For the life of Silverstone, AMS2 or Reiza though?

@F1Aussie
    Normal business practice is for licences to have a fixed period with a renewal clause as games have finite lives. It can also depend on whether the licence is owned by the game publisher (usually) to use in multiple titles or the developer but it really seems to be a complicated issue and each manufacturer or licencer has their own policies.

MSG bought multiple exclusive licences they still haven´t used in any game yet but those are still assets they have should someone want to buy them out until they expire.

Often there is an upfront payment and/or royalties on every sale for cars, don´t know for tracks.

Being previously free content, perhaps MSG didn´t want to open Pandora´s box by paying the new fee and getting complaints from new users. Maybe they´ll just have S397 rename it to Stowe test circuit or something like that. I worked on a game where the car licences expired and they just replaced them with Beam NG like clones with made up names.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, wrong thread, accidental post

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Clarifying:

There WILL be a 6th Premium Track DLC in 2023 and it will be free to all owners of the 2020-2022 Season Pass - it will NOT however be included in the Premium Track Pack.

There WILL be one or two additional parts of Racin´ USA, the first one being free to owners of the Season Pass / Premium Expansion Pack / and Racin´ USA Pack.

My previous post has been amended to include these missing items.

You are getting everything we planned to include for the Season Pass though - in fact the overall content pool of these DLCs ended up being substantially larger than what we´d envisaged when the Season Pass was first released as we added a number of cars and tracks into these packs that were not originally planned. The fact that there will be additional parts is not due to original packs being broken down in smaller parts, but rather the fact we elected to do more packs with the same themes. Naturally there´s a limit to how much content we can add without having to charge for it :)

The rationale behind breaking down the packs in parts is precisely to allow users more options to buy only the content that had most interest to them - say you are an endurance fan but not much of a open wheel or oval racing enthusiast, having the option to buy only Racin´ USA Pt1 instead of being forced to buy the complete Racin´ USA pack to get the few cars and tracks that interested you was a good thing to have in offer.

Ultimately though I´d agree with many complaints about how the Season Pass has been handled - in hindsight offfering it as early as we did was a mistake, and a source of understandable confusion in the past few years. Reasoning for doing so was that in AMS1 days the Season Pass came after the initial DLCs were released, and some users complained about early buyers of those DLC being hurt by not having the discounted bundle in offer to begin with - as it turns out it´s fair to say it wasn´t the right move.

Moving forward with new DLCs beyond what is to be included in the Season Pass, we will release them as standalone items as well as bigger thematic packages, but it is unlikely there will be a new Season Pass precisely to avoid this type of confusion.

While this turned out a bit messy, I hope users can see we´ve been doing our best to ensure we include enough value in it so you get your money´s worth - when all is said and done I believe the amount and quality of content offered within it will prove satisfactory to the majority.

• Like Like x 36
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let us see what the future holds

15. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i quite like the season pass approach myself, although it must be hard on your side to plan out content that long in advance

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds good to me boss man, BRING IT ON!

• Like Like x 2
  17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the info!
    It would be a really good idea to update the description in the Steam store pages since not everyone who owns the game checks this forum.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. tsumo

tsumo New Member

According to the Steam page of the Premium Track Pack (which i shall refer to as PTP), there were two TBA tracks in the pipeline. One of those is Monza, which we have, but that would leave a sixth Premium Track to be included according to the Steam page description of the PTP.

I have absolutely no issues otherwise with any of the very generous DLC model you have, but I just want a little more clarity.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

@Renato Simioni

Thanks for clarifying that Renato. Exciting stuff.

I hope you don't mind me presuming to give my opinion, but I think most of us here recognise that the scope has changed and that you are striving to make it even better than what you initially envisioned. I think the problem came from calling them 'parts' and future 'parts' being discussed before the SP content is complete.

If all of the SP content is released and then you announce a different pack, I don't think people would be getting confused or begrudge it. It could be called something totally different rather than 'Racin' USA part 5'.

As far as season passes are concerned, I would be happy to pay for another SP in advance to help you guys continue to develop - though I could understand your decision to not do it again - but with clear itemisation (how many cars and/or tracks are in each component) rather than the pass being tied to a year or two, I imagine it could go more smoothly next time if you chose to go that route.

Then again, doing them as thematic standalone packs as you said will allow you guys to be more agile in choosing where to place your efforts which is an exciting prospect.

Thanks to you and you team for all your hard work, I for one do not regret buying the pass and have no doubt that it is/will be worth it. Your passion is obvious just from what you've already added to the base game.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

It could be anything they decide for the last Premium Track Pack. It may be the Adrenaline Pack or just Race in USA part 4 (FREE for Season-Pass). But they can't call it Race in USA part 4...they will have to call it Race in USA Pack 4 lol.

• Like Like x 1