1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t what?

3. Elcid43

I don't think (or care) about his comments. I just cannot understand why people care about what game someone likes to play. No wonder the world is how it is :confused:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Racinglegend1234

He is making fun of those people

5. Elcid43

He kind of is, I understand that. Seems a bit passive aggressive though. I am just saying that people keep bashing this and that (from games to how people should live, etc) and who cares? Enjoy what you like and let others do the same :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. B Stu

B Stu Member

I find GamerMuscle quite arousing

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just don't click anything he does anymore so as not to fuel dumbness and his toxic chat

• Like Like x 3
  8. Elcid43

No judement here :D:p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. ju gnot

ju gnot New Member

Hi Reiza ! Until yesterday, AMS2 was gorgeous simulation, with perfect balanced driving. With the new update 1.4.3.3 i found the drive much easyer now, as if some traction control or stability has been added to all cars.. Very desapointed :( Is it a way to get back with the old way of drive ? I can't find now any interset to drive cars that i can't crash (almost..)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Beyond crass Youtuber. See you next Tuesday, GMTV. :rolleyes:

11. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does the menu spring strength fail? Starting from RC, when returning to the menu, the steering wheel will not automatically return to the center

12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Finally had some time to do some testing, I did check the file integrity and all is fine. What seems to be happening is the game just "loses" itself, the screen gets frozen but I can still hear the cars in the background and use the steering wheel to move stuff around. Tried changing screen modes (fullscreen, borderless, etc), graphical options and vsync on/off and still nothing stopped the issue from happening. Seems to be happening randomly in multiplayer, haven't had the time to test singleplayer yet but it's completely random as far as I can tell, with any car and track.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had that happen, had to update my GPU drivers.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've never really understood why some random on youtube's opinion mattered...

If they are sharing their "how to"on something there's usually an Uncle Roger out there to prove a point... Just without the level of comedy... But there are useful "how to" videos on youtube... Got a wicked Chicken 65 recipe that comes close to it... But for every one of those there's literally thousands of Kay's cooking channels...

Opinion videos on youtube are 99% of the time a louder version of a facebook post... Unless they have some sort of background which shows they have knowledge, IE Jackie Stewart on driving a car to it's limit, it's never worth the time to take notice...

I get that I'm old, but I'm not that ancient that I still say "I've got to drive the computer today."... lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He went on a full rant on stream once because I criticized one of the drift cars in AC. I never called it undrivable, I simply echoed the sentiment that many in the AC drift community had about the vanilla drift cars being a bit undercooked and lacking the subtlety of some of the better mods. Cue a long rant about AMS2 fanboys, meanwhile he claimed I was "aeroboi'ng" as he proceeded to be 1.5-2 seconds off the pace in races.

Don't get me wrong, AC is a fantastic sim and still the best place for drifting (partly because of the community, cruise servers, mod support, and excellent tuning of a rather simplistic tire model). I can drift those vanilla cars easily, and even learned drifting with the cars I criticized. He is just as guilty of fanboy behavior as the communities he mocks.

AMS2 still has problems, AC still has problems, iRacing still has problems, ACC has problems, RF2 has problems (compounding problems given MSG's situation), etc. No sim is perfect, just let people enjoy things. I personally didn't enjoy ACC (I don't find TC/ABS heavy cars enjoyable enough to dedicate time solely to them), but I'm not gonna bash everyone who plays it.

I go to AC, AMS2, DR2.0, iRacing, etc. for the unique content that each game has. No one sim has to be the "absolute pinnacle" and all others should be "cast asunder to the nether realms of sim-cade plebs who have no skill." I just want to enjoy driving, I have no idea how realistic or not a certain car is. I've heard many IRL rally drivers praise DR2.0 while it still has rather simplistic physics in comparison to AMS2, ACC, iRacing, AC, etc. I still massively enjoy that title because it delivers something the others don't.

(Sidenote: hopefully we get more stock RWD road cars, most of the driftable cars in AMS2 don't have a handbrake or have the weird modern electronic ones. The Street Camaro needs some friends.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

After going through all the RC's, I just tried V1.4.3.3 and I've noticed that there's a (new?) great wind sound effect that didn't hear before. I think is cool how it increases with speed and its more noticeable in open wheels... I wished for this in this forum so thank you Reiza, I love it! (still, I'm wondering why this hasn't been mentioned in any changelog).
    But I don't know if this implementation added to the new wall reflection delay have in some way messed with the engine sound effect because now I feel this particular sound quite low and unbalanced. Now I hear engine sound mostly on the right channel except when I drive close to a left wall or barrier. Is this a WIP?
    Also, I remember two or three updates ago, there was a very cool sound effect of dirt pebbles hitting the car's body when you went off road but for some reason it was removed and I thought it would be back in the official version but it didn't happen. Please bring this effect back!
    I also think that it could improve if it were also heard constantly when driving on the ground/grass and it increased especially when we press the gas pedal and dig out some dirt.
    Finally, I'd like to suggest that it would be great to hear when we go through the clouds of dust that are usually kicked up by the cars in front when they put the wheel off the track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree. In short words I find him and his community among the most toxic around. That is why I don't even click any of his videos. Very simple. I support other streamers who don't ever play AMS2 just because they are good people and their chat is not toxic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

How dare you! You've never heard of GTR2? Just kidding mate :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

You can go to the old version, but are you saying the cars have gotten grippier? You can change how rubbered in the circuit is too

20. ju gnot

ju gnot New Member

Hi :) During the last few months, i have been driving almost every days mainly with GT, Porsche cup, GT1, Groupe C. This was a challenge to drive well during 10 or 20 laps without any error and do a podium (102% 105% IA force). Since the 1.4.3.3 the drive is now very easy i find... yes exactly, as if the cars gotten grippier but too much. To go out of the track i have to do a big drive error. And now, with 105% force IA, after 1 lap in Monza with Porsche cup i am almost first but before it was diffucult to follow the 3 in head... Very strange. I tried to modified the menu Gameplay with no TC no ABS no Stability at all but it remains very tolerant with curves :(

• Creative Creative x 1