1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. ju gnot

ju gnot New Member

:) ;)

2. ju gnot

ju gnot New Member

humm .. ok. Do you know where to change how rubbered in the circuit ?

3. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It almost sounds like you were a victim of the "no grip cars are slidey" issues some had with past updates where they needed to re-name some folders & delete setups to get the grip/feel back but you just went with it and drove the 'no grip' cars until now ..:eek::rolleyes: ??
    Now after the 1.4.3.3 update, your game is 'back to normal' so you feel too much grip from what you're used to LOL ..

I said "sounds like" and i really have no idea.. ;)lol but your complaint is 180* opposite of most players on here lol ..

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im having Read/Write errors when using Pitool with Steam every time (opening steam VR on its own does not produce this, only when Opening it through Pitool).
    But as long as I close the message I can still go ahead and use steam VR, however im wondering if this is the cause of my pings as it seems to be affecting connection.

Also I've been experiencing 100% Disk usage quite often, which should'nt be happening as I've 160GB free on my SSD and 32Gb of ram, plus the PC is only 2 years old! However I ran a CHKDSK and it stated no problems, but also found 4KB in bad sectors, which has worried me i may have a failing SSD, is this possible after 2 years!

Also (because of the read write error) I took out both ram sticks (one 2 years old, one less than a year old) to check ram was ok and tried just one at a time. No probs with the old one, yet PC will not boot with newer one! Yet when both are in it runs fine and registers both.

Here's a screenshot of one of the read write errors, and a shot of the CHKDSK results.

I've not experienced problems running VR online in AMS2 until now.
    My PC is part of my livelyhood.
    Should I be worried, can anybody help?
    Screenshot (7).png Screenshot (8).png

5. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Either your HD has a problem or Windows has. Maybe a clean install will fix it but I´d get another HD too just in case as they are cheapish right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe someone asked before, but is it still a RC-version?
    Because in STEAM it's shown as:
    steam.jpg
    In-game it is
    v1.4.3.3.2215.AVX

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also recommend to re-install video card drivers. I actually also had a freeze with a black screen yesterday which didn't occur again, interestingly.

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks mate! I had considered it may be windows related as many folks on Windows 10 seem to have experienced the 100% disk usage issue on all manner of different aged systems and configs (there are lots of posts and vids about it and lots of potential reasons and fixes, which I've tried and some have helped somewhat, but I just can't get past the pitool problem. Pimax software is problematic admittedly). So I think I will try a fresh windows install and see if it solves it.
    Also you're right about the second drive, always good to have a backup anyway, plus my drive has regularly got to the point of being 90% full (I have to do alot of space management) and seeing as they aren't too costly these days it's definitely a sensible idea. I've thought about maybe keeping my windows and games on the SSD for speed and performance and buying a big HDD for storage of my videos and files, as I do read and write alot and I don't think that's great for an SSD, seems a mechanical drive might be better and cheaper for that. Cheers for the help!

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Im just now getting a 239.2 AMS2 update in steam! Hav'nt seen any posts here about an update or patch notes on steam, seems rather substancial! Anyone else getting this?

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Must have added more Cows...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have selected RC, then you will stay on it. At the moment RC and the main game branch should be the same, so it makes no difference. In the future when a new RC build is released you will get it if you satay on RC. If you switch to regular build you will not get the RC unless you select it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

I love the animated cows and crowds! Reiza is very good at creating atmoshpere at a track!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

The most important question, how many tracks currently have cows, because I know Cordoba and Spa 70 do, but are there any others

14. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

me, too....

• Like Like x 1
  15. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

the plan is tomorrow

16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

7D7C4EA7-AA82-494B-B2D3-9E460A637CA5.jpeg Do cow eyes glow at night in game like irl?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

屏幕截图(6).png

• Like Like x 1
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Before spending money on a new HDD try a new sata cable to see what happens.
    A few months ago I had problems with disk errors and games crashing. People online were saying to reinstall Windows, get a new HDD, get a new motherboard, etc, it turned out to be a problem with a faulty sata cable, replacing it solved the problem.
    A couple of months later I had issues with my PC shutting off by itself. People online were saying to get a new PSU, get a new motherboard, reinstall Windows, etc, it turned out to be a problem with a faulty power cable, replacing it solved the problem.
    So, whenever there's a problem try the simple cheap stuff first then move on to the more complicated more expensive stuff.

19. Tarmac Terrorist

Can't remember what version we were on, not the V1.4.3.3. but the numbers after that, so mine now says V1.4.3.3.2216.AVX. So have these last numbers (2216.AVX) changed?

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks very much mate! Thats good stuff to consider, im finding my internet is being slow aswell (which is why i've not been streaming very recently, seem to be running into some not terrible but odd probs lately). I do have an old PC that shutsdown by itself (hard instant shutdowns), but i think thats Bios related as I think the updated bios does not suit the original installed processor, even though MSI assured me it would, and then would'nt reply to me after I'd done it and was experiencing problems. Thanks again mate!