1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Is this true ?
    It’s been removed & not coming back ?
    Why would they take out such an Immersive
    feature ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Couldn't wait until tomorrow to get it. GPlaps is right about the installation process and the need to update the bootfiles with every new build. I have however done this a gajillion times, so it's nothing really.
    The car is something else; holds a nice middle ground between momentum and downforce. High speed corners are a blast, the way it all loads up, and slower complexes can catch you out if not careful. Very challenging to extract the most out of it.
    Very, very much worthy of your 2 bucks. It's once again 2am... Every friggin' time man!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You should read again what i wrote a while ago. Alternatively also again in this post here:
    No. It is not!

Wall reflection audio scales with engine volume slider now instead of always being 100% no matter the own car engine volume.

It can certainly be discussed to increase the effect relative to own car audio, but nothing has been removed.

Folks in general you shouldn't assume anything to be removed if any changelog doesn't explicitly indicates that!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

It would be good if you made the pits shared it's very out of context SPA 1970 with 22 cars is kind of pathetic. Endurance with 32 cars is pathetic it would be nice if the pits were shared. so 32 goes up to 64 , 22 goes up to 44 .

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You'll have to live with it, as 32 is the limit due to some technical reason with the Madness Engine for now.

• Like Like x 3
  6. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

It's not a technical limit, Project Cars 1 had shared pits so much so that Le Mans could run with 55 cars and it's the same Graphic engine, if @Renato Simioni Elaborate the Engine could put . It's pathetic the 32-car Grid with high graphics cards and processors that pushes really well.

7. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

Project Cars 1 was old generation Madness and allowed the shared Pit because now it doesn't, what explanation do you have ????

• Like Like x 1
  8. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Then it's either Spa 70 or Imola Historic 70

• Like Like x 2
  9. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

It's not scaled to the engine anymore, read previous thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

The problem with that is that if you increase the engine slider volume, it drowns out every other sound and I definitely don't want to hear my loud engine through the entire race lol. The whole point of the reflection is that it increases the engine volume ever slightly at the wall despite keeping the engine volume minimal. And I thought that was a cool feature, no other game does this. But after the update, BAM....gone! I drove mostly formula car and when I drove up near the wall, the usual loudness of the engine did not kick in. In fact, it sounds like normal.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

If only that good press wasn't overshadowed by the word of mouth press about MP...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

It's great! The perfect multiclass partner for Group C.

Damn those headlights though :mad:.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't want to diminish their work and I don't know what the difficulties were, I can imagine a lot of passion and hours went into this car but the sound is not that convincing. This car or the Audi S4 GTO are among the greatest sounding turbo 5-cylinder race cars, It's just a shame.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The reason is that AMS2 modding doesn't allow you to add your own sounds (I believe? Don't quote me on this but it's what I've heard) so they had to make do with something in-game, if you compare the same mod in other sims it sounds as glorious as it should

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a killer for any offline endurance then. I wouldn't have minded even loading back in on a generic track state. It doesn't have to be exact. Damn shame.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Creepy Audi Motorsports engineers. To save a couple of kg they destroyed our endurance plans :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's related to how live track works: at the minute it is all "blockchained" from the starting point through the race. Every step is linked to the previous so if you save and restart you will restart from "scratch" and not from the last point of the track's conditions. (Pardon the raw explanation but more expert people explained it in more technical words).
    It's a pillar of how Madness Engine works right now. They mentioned nothing is impossible but it is quite not trivial to change that and very much at risk to introduce serious issues, so not going to change soon.
    The same problem applies to the replay as it is saved in the same way hence it is impossible to jump to a given point in time.

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

There was an idea floating around in PC2 times that I found quite interesting, but let me state up front that I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, if it would even work at all.

Anyways, the idea was to save a series of snapshots of the evolving track conditions throughout the race, like every five minutes or so, and a final one on saving the game. When loading a savestate, have the game run through those snapshots and thereby procedurally recreate the current conditions not perfectly, but to a good degree of approximation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be another big game changer imo. Being able to hop in and out of longer races (hard to play 3/4 hours plus in one go, because, life etc) means I'm not limited to short or accelerated races to experience something near the full length fun of the game

Really loving AMS2s audio. Though I agree maybe in general wall reflection could be turned up slightly. It sounds so good down my a40s and can use it for judging distance to wall. Personal preference though.

Jumped into rf2 for the first time over the weekend from having a long period away and audio was my first thought... Coming back to AMS2 and the sound is far superior in my view. Spatially so much better

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  20. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

most irl driver will say they don't ever notice wall reflection sounds, games tend to exagerate it