1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i never said it doesn't exist, don't misquote me

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

In vr mode (Headtracker) here it still works, but is as indicated much lower,, all tracks and scenarios. (so far as I recall)
    When introduced it was so noticable (mainly because it was new).
    A lot of sounds imo still reqd adjusting of levels, as to me audio is still wip and posts/reports from both side of the fence req : as Cr said 'discussion' here. + reports in Domajo's audio beta thread.
    Stating audio eq used would help also. @reptilexcq
    ie when my pc switches to stereo 'default' due to windows nonesence its (all sounds) is poor esp rear engine cars compared to usual 7.1 where the reflections were a little better than now. Spacial surround is exception here overall. just some balance/levels req tweeks

yes
    The luxury of sim racing gives a chance to notice more. Irl all noise produced by the vehicle will change in sound given something to reflect off, its certainly not 'silly' its accurate to have a change (sim). If the Retro's backfired in the tunnel or close to a barrier, rl and sim would notice.
    Backfires have also a lower level & less often or both.
    Concentration levels irl racing speaks for itself.

EDIT
    Daytona is audible bt44 up near the wall a change but bridges like rd America and Monza I hear no difference echo /reverb level 100 in car

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

OK, thanks guys (@mdecker79 @MJP10 @Maser V6) for confirming the reverberations are still there in VR as well as in non-VR.

The reverberation sounds were re-scaled to make them more realistic. To my ear, they are more plausible now.

As said, if lots of people want over-the-top reverb, it may be possible, at some point, to add a separate slider to control that effect. Is it a top priority to provide unrealistically pronounced reverb sounds?

It is also possible the dev in charge may read these comments and tweak it slightly louder. But, the new lower level came about after a review and attempt to make it more realistic, so don't get hopes up too high.

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the reply @Marc Collins. I just tested after comments read today , but also because I dont notice anymore. So tested as above and Daytona is ok (if not a little low but there is none or little were I would expect ie close to bridge wall Monza, barriers ect. I dont think anyone wants unrealistic levels. It was just better at a higher than the new current level.
    I just tested Lotus 49 at Bannacrea Pc2 and it has realistic levels reverb/echo (imo ) over bridge and between rock walls

Q 'Is it a top priority to provide unrealistically pronounced reverb sounds?'

No
    I just think some people miss it because its now too low/unnoticable for them.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  5. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, I like hearing it!
    Also agree, mentioned already the fact it’s even in the game is a nice added extra detail.
    I appreciate small things like that has been given attention to in development - but not something that I’m overly bothered if it stays as is for the foreseeable

6. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

[​IMG]
    So hard, I turned to stone!
    [​IMG]

7. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

The more I drive sims, especially the historical stuff, the more I realize that the dudes driving those death machines were effin' crazy. If I crashed into a barn and had fuel leaking all over me, I think I would be done with that job!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

The forum has been getting a wee bit grumpy since the last update.

Quick Reiza, make a distracting DLC announcement and cheer folks up...

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to echo the earlier comment that the user's audio setup can change things. I watch Twitch quite a bit, and sometimes I run into a stream where I struggle to hear the streamer on my 5.1 speaker setup, but when I switch to headphones it's all clear as day. It's only the streamer's mic, the rest of the audio is usually fine.

I've never seen others mention it in those streams, so I'm pretty sure the issue is in my setup somewhere. I need to figure out what's up with that.

I'm not saying that if you can't hear the reflection then your audio is broken. I just wanted to give an example of how audio setups could explain some of the variance between users.

I think I'd vote for the slider with a realism-based default value to give everyone a chance to make it the way they like.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

I finally had some time to test things out in both singleplayer and multiplayer, and it seems that doing a fresh driver install has fixed my freezing issue for now. Worth a try if anyone else is having the same issue!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's way too fast though. Casually going 1:41s around VIR is comparable to GTEs times from a couple years ago. The car should be slower than GT3s if it is being simulated properly. The Audi went a 2:11.73 in its fastest lap at Road America in 1989 which is much slower than what GT3s can do, yet in the video GP is easily 3+ seconds faster than GT3 pace.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Read what Renato has said

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yeah, after some time with it it's pretty obvious the laptimes are a bit too fantastic in places. Though it should do very decently on fast tracks, with in excess of what 700bhp? I haven't done multiclass with it, I will as soon as I get home.
    None of this really bothers me tbh, since it's such a good ride, nice and sluggish in tight corners, pretty dismal on the brakes and a lively rear end with gobs of lift-off oversteer.
    I think the relevant question is what times did it do on track in the late 80's, and do we have something similar enough to compare...
    I'm going to dig some more into this.

Edit: What Azaris said... I do a 2:04 @ RA in really good conditions and warm weather. Those 7 seconds should be mostly in the tire model, but also track condition, fuel load, race trim/setup, etc.
    It's no biggie to me. On a side-note, I think the AI are quite fun to race with, but they seem to retire in droves near the end of each race?

• Like Like x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

None of the mod cars have properly modelled tyres, they just take tyres from existing cars and resize them AFAIK. This means the grip levels are likely not period-accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

This is not related to the post, but why did you choose the name you have?

16. GearNazi

Didn't choose it, was given because some people I raced with had very bad shifting habits that I kept pointing out.
    I guess loosely based on Seinfeld's soup nazi or something.

17. Racinglegend1234

Removed

18. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is why private messaging is available...

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Racinglegend1234

I’m sorry. Forgot it existed, thank you

20. GearNazi

Yeah, the problem with the meaning of words nowadays is that people tend to either adhere or discard the dictionary definition of words, depending on whether it's expedient to their argument/position, views, stance on things, etc. And that tends to render language somewhat useless.
    I like the name because of where it originated, so I'm sticking with it.
    Nothing whatsoever to do with the followers of a long gone party and/or failed painters coping poorly with rejection.

But now we're truly derailing the thread... I apologize.

• Friendly Friendly x 3