1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It is good when you clarify it

2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like the idea of old cars on modern tires, great sights/sounds/smells and they are probably just as fast or faster than modern cars. The issue in real life with this method is the increased loads on the vehicle which will cause them to break more than they did in their day (which was already a lot lol)... which leads to driver safety issues...at least modern tracks are safer though.

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe this makes the game more like Forza, but engine and tyre swaps would be fun

4. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This has nothing to do with Reiza. This is a third party mod and if we want to go by Renato's logic then the car is still absurdly too fast compared to RL. Modern GT3s can get to around 2:06s and faster at RA. At VIR a fast GT3 lap is probably 1:44 and I am sure aliens can get to the 1:43s. GP Laps was casually doing 1:41s in a car that was a 2:11.7 for the its fastest lap at RA in race trim. And if we want to lean even more into the logic you posted from Renato that again is completely irrelevant to this discussion because it is a third party mod car, there are no other cars to BOP this car with. There are no GTO cars Reiza has released to the game so its a single make that is worlds faster than it ever was in RL.

5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Correct and I just did a test around Suzuka in the AMS2 mod and the Audi that exists in R3E and the AMS2 mod was a good 10+ seconds faster. I did enjoy the AMS2 mod more as it was way more engaging to drive but I do think its tops speed and acceleration needs to come down. The R3E Audi sounds amazing by the way.

6. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Maybe lowering the boost pressure(would it run 100% in races anyway?) for now, and lower the AI to try and match.
    Do VRC usually patch a lot on their mods?

7. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The GTO and Group C content in R3E is some of its best content IMO. Unfortunately there just isn't enough of it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Theodore Schultz

I will have to check that out later and check and see what R3E is set at and if it can be adjusted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but I'd love the Formula Vintage cars to get Oval AI and packages, they're great fun to drive at Indy :D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

The Auriel 90 will get an update to better represent in real life track times as soon as possible. One thing to keep in mind is that the tires in the game already are the tires we have to work with. Now whether we change those or add more aero drag or whatever it may be, there probably can be a compromise somewhere to get the car closer to it's real life performance.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, all servers in the multiplayer just went down simultainiously, they've just come back emprty, anyone know if steam are doing maintainence atm?

12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Every Tuesday between 22 - 1 CET. So don't run MP-rated lobby's nor a league. Just join non-rated lobby and have fun until Steam goes poof.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Nice one mate! Could'nt remember the times they ran it so was just having a jolly in someones server when the lights went out. Might stick to offline tonight

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You can race online just fine now. Maintainence already happened.

15. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh done a bit of both, including a wicked online session in the Karts at speedland! Those things are just awsome! The GX390! Tried offline aswell, but no good, A.I. just so slow!

Finding this with alot of cars! Max skill and no challenge! Two things that would be awsome would be much faster A.I. with certain vehicles (example: above mentioned combo and another would be JCW Minis @ Guapore is another I can think of). Not to say all combos are slow, some are a challenge at 95 to 100 level, thats great! But there are quite a few V slow ones

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Theodore Schultz

I tried a few different boost pressures and for me 10% gave the closest to R3E. The gearing gets a bit off with it that low however.

17. Theodore Schultz

After reading the threads for the last couple of days I was bit frustrated at some of the "bickering" going on about different things in AMS2 such as adding snow, BOP, increasing pit numbers and of course MP but then I realized that this is actually a really good thing and shows just how far Reiza has brought AMS2 especially over the last several updates. The discussion is no longer about physics, trye models, FFB, cars feeling off. It is now about more "features" instead of the the fundamentals of how the cars drive and feel. Is everything perfect in those aspects? No, but I think they are as close imo as every other sim right now in terms of feel and car behavior and better than most. Not everyone will like how things feel in AMS2 just like how not everyone likes how things feel in ACC or Iracing but to me, things feel really great in AMS2 especially when you dial in your FFB and camera settings (don't use GM's camera settings).

As Renato stated, now that things have stabilized in the physics department we will see an increase in content and many of the features we all hope for. I am excited to see what Reiza and Renato can bring to AMS2 next month and in 2023. Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys I would like to revoke my prevous comments on the SUPERCAR DLC

Even if you tried the street cars post 1.3, try them again. They have been transformed in regards to how they feel to drive. Also, the Mclaren F1 engine is just pure sex...

Okay, I got to make a request...

Please give us a GT Open BOPed Mclaren F1 GTR. (The short tailed, street variant) Literly just throw some racing stickers on it, whatever tires are approprate and let us have it! PLEASE. That car has the best engine note in the whole damn game, and the H Pattern makes it so much more engaging over the GT1 version.

Come on, we already have the GT-Open Ultima, and the Steet Ultima and the McLaren are very very close on pace. Please, Please, Please, Reiza...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Speaking of features, will we ever get the ability to save our favorite tracks/weather/lap/date/car? I am pretty much getting tire of doing and readjusting the same thing over and over again lol. I just want to load up and play what was my favorite settings lol. Project Cars 2 even give you SLOTS!!! C'mon Reiza, I know you can do better with features.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

It's definitely a good sign... :hurrayreiza:

Hopefully they can work their magic on the important features...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2