Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

This for me to. Even the 90s and Group C stuff is 100x more immersive to me if the track signage and buildings and run offs feel appropriate for the era. One of the best things about AMS2 for me is this; I hadn't realised how much having versions from years ~2000 would improve the GT1 experience.

I'd be surprised if an older Estoril circa 1990 wasn't in one of the Historic Track Packs previously mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I ended up doing another video with the Caterham. It really is a fun combo.

I tried to match the entry and apex speeds as much as possible. When driving like this, AMS2 looks very similar to real life in terms of grip and stability.
    The description of the real life video says that he could go through the fast stuff quicker with "bigger balls". This is obviously a lot easier to do in the sim.

I think AMS2 entices you to drive quicker through the safety of the sim but also the ability to control the car quite easily over the limit. I would say in my opinion the time loss for going excessively over the limit isn't harsh enough (see the fast lap in the video), but it is a hell of a lot of fun. Doing this little experiment has definitely moved me further away from the "AMS2 is too slidey" camp.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. RDG

RDG Active Member

iRacing hasn’t been like that for a while now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

Petitition for them to make the 1972 Version of Nürburgring on top of the 1971 one brcause they wouldnt have to change much and the track looks completely different with the added grass in 1972. That would give players more options, plus the track had the laguna seca look only for a very short amount of time.
    And C'mon guys, i know y'all love grass (i for myself know i do)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

I renewed my iRacing sub for this car. I'm personally invested in how well it turns out, given I will have to spend a LOT of time with it.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice underside details though :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  7. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The evolution of AMS2 is indisputable, but I am still critical of the physics of some cars, I think that Reiza still cannot fail to polish the physics of both the cars and the tires in some categories, Sprint Race, StockCar 2020-22, GT4 and GT3, I don't like comparisons, but there are other Sims that these categories are much more fun and competitive compared to AMS2, including mods like StockCar for Assetto Corsa, I think AMS2 has a diamond in its hands, just cut it correctly and it will turn with Absolutely a world reference in simulation, I'll leave just one example of a mod, not perfect but more fun and competitive than AMS2, remembering that it's a personal opinion that maybe not everyone here likes, if you want to debate, I'm willing but with respect ok ? Thanks.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

We just have to give Reiza time. They will fully optimise every piece of content in the game

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What exactly do you mean by "fun and competitive" when comparing the physics and tyres to ams2?

• Like Like x 6
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

About stupid car track combos that work.

Copa classics, + Copa Trucks + go karts + 1000km version of monza + heavy fog + at night + at max aggression

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

G. Rampanelli sitting in his little rental kart...
    55itGuoAJiZEEen9gg.gif

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Ricardokil

Some AMS2 categories give you the feeling of not having control of a car, this takes away the fun and consequently the competition, the Formulas are well defined, but some GTs do not pass that, what many do not understand here is that when if you play several Sims, you have several references, I'm not saying that AMS is unreal and others are, but AMS gives you very good experiences in some categories, but in others you don't seem artificial, GTEs are very good, since GT3s don't pass a the same feeling, even though they are very similar cars, Stock 2017 gives you an experience of control and challenge, while Stock2020 doesn't feel like I'm driving a racing car, it still gives me the feeling of a car floating on the track, but it's just an opinion, it could be that because I play ACC, RFactor2, AC, AMS1 and AMS2 I have a certain difficulty understanding AMS2 better, but I'm frank, AMS2 is the only one that I have some criticisms of, all the others are much more balanced, but I know that AMS2 is being developed That's why my comment so that AMS2 doesn't stop polishing the Physics of tires and some cars, because I think it still needs some work.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well there is no Stock 2017 in AMS2. Maybe you mean 2019 which have much more aero than the 2020-2022.

I think you are the only one on here that plays other sims. Most of us only play or have played AMS2... I mean I only played AC, ACC, AMS 1, F122, GTR2, Iracing, Race 07, R3E and rF2. Those are just my current list on Steam.

What are your FFB settings and on which wheel base?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One particular thing I still don't like about the physics/car behaviour in AMS2 is the way cars respond to sharp steering input. It's more noticeable at low speed, such as when pulling out of a pit-stall in practise/qualifying, requiring a 90 degree turn. In AMS2, the cars still feel like they turn 90 degrees on a central pivot compared with say rF2, where the feeling when turning a car 90 degrees feels more gradual, natural and realistic. This same behaviour is apparent when driving at speed, albeit less noticeable. In AMS2, cars are more willing to turn in a way that feels like a central pivot is at play than in the other sims I play, so for me, it's still not quite right and still needs further work.

I also think the low speed behaviour of tyres when off-track on grass or gravel-traps is also too likely to result in the car spinning around 90+ degrees on slight throttle input. Particularly the gravel-trap 90-to-180 degree spins at minimal throttle input seem to be adhering to laws of arcade difficulty/punishment rather than laws of physics.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I know what you mean, i had this feeling with the Copa Montana for some time, but not anymore.

You can check this behaviour easily by yourself: Go slowly, turn the car, then watch the replay from either chase cam or trackside cameras. If the car pivots around a central point, the rear should visibly move opposite the side youre steering to, instead of the car pivoting around the rear axle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

honestly speeches like, I don't like certain machines here because I don't feel them as they should, compared to other SIMs they are just meaningless speeches.
    what i love about AMS2, is how advanced the tire model is, i have done long distance testing, on hot circuits as well as on cold temperature circuits. And you have different levels of grip, not only that, but based on how you drive you can cool and heat the front or rear, and consequently make the grip turn on and wake up right from the 1.4 update, once certain temperature thresholds have been exceeded the the tires not only do not have maximum grip but they degrade much earlier. compared to a normal temperature. I appreciate the flat spot you warned him about on the FFB. And how the brakes interact in their performance based on the temperatures of the discs.
    This I appreciate as sim-racing, much closer than many of the other sim racing hotlaps I see around a name all over ACC. Where gt3s have chronic understeer and it's nearly impossible to oversteer on corner entry, unless you mess up with the setup. I've experienced things where even if you go a long way on the brakes, you just hold the brake pedal and he'll fix it.
    In short, what I mean is that AMS2 has features that other Sims like ACC dream of, where the important thing is to keep the 28 PSI rule to have maximum grip. To me this is arcade. If they really just relied on pressure to keep maximum grip constant, then it would be a no-brainer to be a race engineer.

I've honestly seen some people use wrong temperatures on the track both on the tires but above all on the brake discs, unbalancing the braking back and forth, not realizing they have wrong temperatures, just because AMS2 the weather and track conditions influence the car and have a bad idea of how the vehicle should drive.

That said, comparing race cars by judging them against other SIMs is a waste of time, but you need to evaluate how one SIM simulates all track conditions and how setups affect the vehicle.

There are SIM hotlaps while I ride in the race, I manage to remark the same lap in the range of 1-2 tenths maximum for 60 laps. In AMS2, if I don't try to keep both the brakes and the tires in the right temperature windows, as well as obviously the engine and the damage that can come from the curbs, it's much more difficult to have a constant pace.

That's the difference IMO and it simulates reality much better.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Ricardokil

Honestly with all due respect, I totally disagree with what I said, first of all I don't have the experience and probably neither do you in racing cars, much less in the varieties found in AMS2, that's why my "speech" I said I don't know if it's real or not because I don't know the real thing to say anything, what I see here in the forum you can't say anything that is contrary to Yes, the players only of AMS2, they get agitated, I'm a player of games focused on simulation, no I am an AMS2 player only, and I base my opinion on other racing car simulators, as I have experience in street cars only, so it is difficult to say that your favorite simulator is more real than another, something that I have not said at any time , I just said that some cars do not give the feeling that you are driving with the tire on the ground, as a colleague said above, it seems that the car does not roll while going around a curve, but only that it turns on a central axis, maybe you do not see I have the same perception that some people have of having driven normal cars on closed circuits, I didn't say that AMS2 is a bad game, because I have and play it, but it's not a crime to say that it still has some problems, because if it didn't, why continue to update it? I drive trucks and I can say that at low speed AMS2 represents the behavior of a truck very well after the last update, another one that gives a very good feeling is formula VE, Opala Stock, and responding to a colleague above, Stock from AMS2 is 2017 with the 2019 championship liveries, the car was introduced in 2017, even because of the bad English you can tell that I don't speak it because I'm Brazilian and I've been following this championship since 1986, and what I see here in interlagos today's cars passing by ahead of me in terms of behavior, it doesn't seem very similar to the behavior of Stock in the game, Ftruck is very similar to watching a live race and a replay on AMS2, being Brazilian I cheer much more than most here for AMS2 to reach a high level of quality , only that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Theodore Schultz

Still waiting on your FFB settings…

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ricardokil

Friend, the problem is not Force feedback, I bought this game since launch, and always and I think it's really cool the people here on the forum creating adjustments to improve the car but hiding physics problems since launch, I remember 1.2 it was like I had bought a totally new game, but before launching it, the people who helped and the people who said that you didn't know how to play, because the adjustments before 1.2 were to make the cars playable, but the problem was there, it always was, the I mean that adjustments still mask problems, and I don't think that's a bad thing, I just keep pointing them out, but here, as I said, nothing negative can be said, unless after major updates, because here it's a cycle, first they want updates, when they are released it's just wonderful, just love for Reiza, two days later, just criticism, and then the group that doesn't defend the mother, but defends AMS2, many here don't think differently about the physics adjustments that are missing in AMS2 , just get tired of having to assume tar the people who love AMS2 more than their own mother, that's all, AMS2 for me is important because I'm Brazilian and as a Brazilian, I want this game to be the best possible, and it will only achieve that, knowing the points it has to improve, that's all, and I still think I have that role.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Theodore Schultz

Well you have it all figured out it seems so keep complaining instead of sharing since FFB settings, especially in AMS2, can directly impact how connected to the road the cars feel which was your main complaint.
    Good luck and go enjoy another sim.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2