Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

More classes with BoP please

2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If we got an LMP3 pack as well we could come pretty close to simulating a good European Le Mans series and 2017-2021 IMSA series which would satisfy me for quite a while.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

How can you not understand he called Hamilton a neguinho.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm Brazilian, mixed race, I get called nego/neguinho/negão all the time by family & friends, it's no big deal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yet no one did anything when he physically assaulted another driver during a race, insulted Mansell´s wife, insinuated about Senna´s sexuality or was an accomplice in his son´s race fixing incident, amongst other very bad things.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Racinglegend1234

Feel like he is a very controversial figure, but maybe we should leave it at that and talk cars instead of drivers

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah F1 has a lot to work, while fighting doesn't bother me (I started watching motorsports with NASCAR so it's always been a part of the sport for me, I do understand why people don't like it) insulting someone's wife is a very scummy thing to do. Imho not "cancel worthy" but an eye brow raiser for sure.

The insinuating Sennas sexuality thing is just flat out homophobia. While sadly normal at the time it is something that just isn't okay, it's just gross. And the racing fixing thing was also very scummy though I have no clue how much of a part he played in it.

The reason people are mad at him now and not back then is that we (in genral) are a much more accepting and thus better society than the 80s and 90s. Say what about X country and Y country all you want but the world is generally a better place than it was. Piquet acted like he was still in the 80s and 90s where people could get away saying that stuff, but we're in the 2020s now you simply can't, so many people will not like you that its bad for business. While yes there is a LOT of work that needs to be done, we have made incredible progress and the fact that people are angry at Piquet is proof of that.

Let's be real, if a media member feels the need to call one of the most successful F1 drivers of all time a term that (at best) is incredibly controversial shows that he doesn't respect the talent it takes. Giving him all the benefit of the doubt pretending that all he did was just call Lewis a name (which from what I gathered, it isn't just "a name" for many people), it's still no better than what we see on F1 Twitter. Do we want media members acting like F1 Twitter? Do we really want Crofty called Max "Crashteppen" and Lewis "Crymilton"? I literally stopped watching F1 because all the fans do is complain and call drivers names, isn't this behavior something that should be discouraged?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lucifer_sam

My apologies for continuing the discussion, I was in the middle of typing my post when you posted this xD if only I knew how to condense what I'm saying into something smaller than a paragraph

9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Volkswagen was founded by Nazis and used slave labor, yet I've never seen anybody complaining about their inclusion in the game.
    AMS2 is just a game, let's leave all the politics and pc-bs out and enjoy the game. Bring on German cars & tracks, Russian cars & tracks, Piquet's cars, and so forth, anybody that feels bothered by any of that content have the option of not using it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Do I think that Nelson piquet is some sort of low life form? Yes.
    Do I care if his cars show up in the game? No.
    Let's just forget that someone spoke of him please.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi . Do we know if a development update is expected soon ?
    Thanks.

12. Racinglegend1234

During this month. Trust me, I have asked this question multiple times

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Lucifer_sam

No one is saying otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. tsumo

tsumo New Member

Are we leaving the politics and "pc-bs" out, or are we trying to get our own two cents in?

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That brings up another discussion of war crimes, dodgy politicians, and using car companies to manufacture weapons. After enough time has past, I feel that a company has to be judged on it's current state and not the sins of it's past leaders. If you look deep enough, each car brand was probably involved in some nasty stuff. Henry Ford had horrible anti-semetic political views, Mitsubishi manufactured fighter planes for a Japanese government that committed atrocities against neighboring nations, etc. I think the Beetle/Fusca is a good example of a car becoming reappropriated by later cultures into something more wholesome. It may have fascist roots, but you wouldn't call a dune buggy fascist.

There also comes a point where you have to separate the machine from the people who made/used it. I may not like Piquet, but that doesn't detract from how cool those early 80's Brabham's were.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Dieselgate, cough, cough!
    I agree it´s better to focus on the game and not outside politics or it becomes Pandora´s box.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

*Gets caught cheating emissions standards*

VW Group: "We're pulling out of motorsport and all our cars will be electric."

*F1 and WEC make attractive regs again*

VW:
    Screenshot_20221217_155118.jpg

All of this to say I'm still salty about them cancelling the Polo rally program.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Racinglegend1234

Then you also have Honda. Honda in F1 is like Bono to Lewis in Germany 2018

19. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I think December update cannot be far away
    I have season 22 pass
    Is anything more coming included in that ?

I read historic green hell

AMS2 is good value as lots of high quality tracks

20. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

Forgive me for being a relative newbie posting about a bug in 2 places, but the fact this makes the championships mode nigh on impossible to use is a real game breaker for me at the minute. It essentially means I have to do an entire championship in a single sitting, as with the Start button not doing anything I can't resume an existing one. Is there something wrong with just my game and the game of this poster, or is there a bug that's crept in during a recent update?

• Agree Agree x 1