Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Especially when iRacing charges more for a short track oval than Reiza do for one pack with multiple cars and tracks.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the best part is you own AMS 2 forever! It's nice that a sudden emergency at the wrong time won't stop me from simracing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DavidGossett

I absolutely detest iRacing's financial model. Unfortunately they have the license for the IRL race series I'll be working in, so it's the only way I can see the car/tracks before I get there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

Says all....only Johnny Infantilo is missing.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was that supposed to be a joke on his part? Way to make yourself look like a child on the world stage.

6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally the king has his crown.
    Well deserved!

• Like Like x 5
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright then, let's takes out the internet and social media but keep all the other technology then

8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only thing missing on his shelf is a Copa Libertadores, but given that he had an european career for almost all of his life, all the Champions League he won will do just fine.

The Messi x Ronaldo era ends with the argentinian on top. Portugal kinda of sucks, so from the beginning Ronaldo was not meant to win a WC like Messi was.

Mbappé now carries the torch forward. That guy is an absolute monster of a player.

And Brazil is still nowhere to be found... what a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Without the internet and social media you wouldn't be able to watch basically whatever racing series whenever you want. You wouldn't be able to watch classic races unless you or someone else happened to record it. Oh and the best part is that physical media doesn't last forever, so as time goes on it'd be more and more difficult to pass down the races you loved to your grand-children and great-grand-children.

Social media is awful the way it is now. I have a lot of major problems, I disagree with the way a lot of social media companies are run. But I'm not gonna give up the amazing friendships I've had, much of the music I listen to, all the genuinely worthwhile content just because I disagree with the way social media sites handle themselves. I learned about and fell in love with motorsport because of the internet, one of the few things I'm deeply passionate about. I'm not gonna give that up because a couple people on Twitter called me mean names.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That and most of the rest of the technology wouldn't exist without the internet and the ease it creates in sharing ideas...

Social media was ok to begin with because it wasn't one sided or organised stupidity like Twitter is now... Twitter itself was always just a shout board with it's small sized messages... I've made far more friends by going to the darker places of the web, forums like this one focussed on a shared love for something, than I ever did on big social media where it felt like I had acquaintances who happened to share a similar like for something...

I do find it hilarious that a lot of the people crying about cancel culture are from the same side of the political sphere that literally banned people's core beings in the past and still attempt to ban things that are different from their core beliefs...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very far off topic now. Don't care.

• Winner Winner x 4
  12. DavidGossett

Cars, tracks, and cheese.

Hopefully the supercars pt. 7 dlc dropping in 2025 includes this lovely thing.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

First we need part 1

14. F1Aussie

That's okay, we survived before the internet and will afterwards when we are fighting wars with sticks and stones again. I don't watch racing series with internet as far as I am aware, never have. I was a motorsport fan way before the internet was a thing and saw enough to build and keep my interest.

15. F1Aussie

Right then I will take the 80s and 90s with the technology they had at the time then, simpler times, best memories are from then, a lot less issues in the world, you could do things that were seen as normal for those times that nowadays someone would give you a label for that type of behaviour or diagnose you for some of disorder that only exists in the imaginations of the people who created them. I could go on about many many things that I disagree with nowadays that have been changed from the days of old but it is not a discussion for these forums.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

You can always cut your internet and go live in the woods so you can not see progress :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Nukes and Russia were still a big problem, plus the wall and so many other issues that we have progressed from...

That's never changed, things have just progressed from being able to pejoratively label people for simply being who they are, to where we are now where those people have the freedom to just be them, whilst society treats the Karen's as they deserve to be treated...

For many of those people it was illegal to just be themselves...

• Winner Winner x 5
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Living in rural Ireland. ****ty internet. Once a month take the PC to the local internet cafe for updates.. Enjoy AMS 2 in SP/Hotlaps/Career.. Meanwhile nipping beer, working in pubs or fishing or sheepherding, hot chubby Irish redheaded wife, swearing in Irish.. Good life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I would love a life like that but with quality internet haha.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Folks, best to come back to sim racing now and away from too much off topic. It's not the place for politics. :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1